South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 07:54 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Happy Feast Of Steven aka Boxing Day Plus Sunday

Good morning and enjoy Boxing Day. The girlfriends are off to Kingston this morning for the Boxing Day Sales but I am most content to stay home - maybe in my PJs for the day. My daring dogs tell me they need cuddling and have felt a bit neglected in the hustle and bustle of the season. .

Yesterday was just lovely although I did do mega kitchen clearing in the morning. I was in Kemptville by noon for a traditional meatball soup lunch with Jim, Wendy and Tayler, joined at 3 by the rest of the crazy outlaws. We opened presents together and the children were just delightful. Nothing extravagant but gifts the kids really seemed to love. Sophia, who is 4, insisted I help her dress her new Barbie which was fun - and a trip down Memory Lane. I was home by 5 after an drive that was pretty dark except for a spectacular sunset.

I'd just arrived home when Heather and Steve showed up to drive me down to Karen's for my Other Family dinner. We took the nearly untouched huge veggie and fruit platters with dip and some cheese and smoked salmon. There were 21 adults at table for a gorgeous traditional Christmas dinner including "figgy pudding" and many "cups of good cheer". Bed felt really good.

Nothing planned at all for today except a bit more post-party tidying and playing with my new Boise CD player. I also need to figure out where to stash all the extra champagne and inventory what's left in the fridge. I have a stash of frozen hors d'oeuvres in the freezer - may have to throw another party to use them up. I will also make a list for next Christmas Eve of what worked and what didn't. (Only one person ate any of the pate for example.)

So a day of peace and reflection. Christmas is crazy but I do it to myself.
Old 12-26-2015, 08:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - sounds like an awesome and exhausting day! Too bad you can't spread it out over a couple of days. I hope the pups get some extra cuddlin' this weekend .

We had a nice day yesterday - I can't wait to put up my windchimes . The one friend (recently divorced) and her adult son (23) had a great time. I fully expected the son to leave after the meal, but my other friend is a counselor, and knew just what to say to bring the introverted math major out of his shell and rambling! Then, he played MarioKart with my son for quite a while afterwards, we actually had to pull him away to go home. Made me feel good that we had everyone over.

Today is a day of rest for me, I'm hoping DH takes the kids out to burn some energy off and wear them out!! DD keeps complaining how "boorrrreeed" she is, and although it's warm weather, it's quite rainy and grey out. Maybe a trip to the Y to the pool or basketball.

And the turkey carcass is in the pot!
Old 12-26-2015, 09:19 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

All I want for Christmas 2016 is a turkey carcass on the second day of Christmas. (Is it too early to hint for next year?)
Old 12-26-2015, 09:43 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Ruth and Tammy and chicks to come!

I'm glad to hear you both had a very special Christmas!

Our Christmas is today. It started with the coffee maker not working and knowing that it was $370 for a new one I persisted through and fixed it with the help of a YouTube video. I just went down to the store and restaurant to pick up my paycheck and nice little Christmas bonus. Our plan is to leave here about 930 and head down to Denver. Make a few stops on the way and pick up the healthy daughter and two grandkids to bring them back for a sleep over Christmas. I did inform perks daughter that old people needed to take naps. They may go over to the swimming pool at the rec center this afternoon so I'll have a break as well. I don't work tomorrow and will take them home and call it a successful Christmas.

I figured I might as well cook with the kids like so we are having broccoli, mac & cheese, tater tots and a berry cheesecake pie. I saw some Ramen noodles which will fill-in the in between's. LOL

Well I've been sitting out side with the dogs and it's freezing cold. Now they're barking at somebody so I guess I'll wrap this up and heading inside. Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-26-2015, 02:42 PM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hello Chicks. It's quiet in here today. Everyone must be busy, I hope with good stuff DH is working a 4 day stretch, so it's been a busy but quiet day here. He did get out at 1 yesterday, an unexpected afternoon bonus. We have really been enjoying this weather with walks and fires. Today was chores for me. I love turkey but the clean-up job is a big one. I got it all cleaned, parcelled out, and frozen so I can see my fridge again.

Ruth - Hope you got some of that peace today.

Tammy - I just got my turkey carcass in the pot. I ran out of steam last night I love nice wind chimes. I have a set of Woodstock Chimes that are so nice to listen to.

Debbie - love your kid friendly meal. Cricket is barking at something too. Maybe it's Santa

I need to get back on track with healthier eating. I've been sliding through the holidays. How can it take me a month of care to lose one lb and a week of careless to regain 4?!

Okay, time to get back to it.
Old 12-26-2015, 03:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ahhhh coffee, taking a break before heading out the door to meet Joe for our Christmas dinner. We are splurging going to a pricey steakhouse near me. Post Christmas shoppers reek havoc on the roads here so it's quicker to meet at the restaurant. Afterwards we are going to the movies. Seems like forever since we've had a real date night. We will have dessert at my house and exchange gifts.

Cyndi and Tammy I love wind chimes too. Last year Joe gave me a Woodstock one which I love!!!

Ruth I am still amazed 50 people!!! Lol I don't think my septic system could handle it!

Happy to hear everyone enjoyed the holiday. I worked both Eve and day but made the best of it. Spent the morning with DS which was nice.

Tomorrow I go back to undue whatever damage I've done over the past three days. I did work up a sweat cleaning today so that should count as exercise lol.

Enjoy!
Old 12-26-2015, 04:47 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Afternoon, chicks. We also had a lovely holiday with extended family but with all the talk of turkey carcasses I realized I left the ham bone in my mom's freezer!! I was looking forward to making soup as well.

Cyndi, I have only been off track for the last 3 days but it amazes me as well how long it takes to undo it!

Ruth, sounds like a great time with your family and friends. And even a chance to play Barbies! They were my favorite growing up.

Debbie and Tammy, hope your respective younguns' don't wear you out today with their energy.

Jennifer, enjoy your dinner out.

Enjoy the remains of Boxing Day, chicks.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:37 AM   #8  

Good morning. Joe is still snoring away so I thought I would get ahead start on the day. The movie was ok, just a little long. Movie theater was packed! Granted we usually don't go by me or on a Saturday so I guess it should be expected.

Dinner was amazing!!!! Maybe tomorrow I will weigh in and see how bad the damage is lol.

Not sure what is on the agenda, maybe nothing and that's ok. Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:19 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Good morning and welcome to Simply Simple Sunday. We need this bonus day of relaxation as we settle down for a few days. It's all a bit too much at once but lots of fun.

Spent yesterday in recovery mode after such a busy time, watched some TV, listed to music and cuddled with the doggage. I am going to try for a quiet day again as Angus the wild springer comes to stay for two days tomorrow. He's a lovely dog but still a puppy. He loves to "prune" my house plants so I'll be moving them out of reach today. I am particularly concerned about Terri's yellow hibiscus tree who is boarding here for the winter while they go to Costa Rica.

Faced the scale this morning and it sure isn't pretty. I'm up about 5 pounds since this day last year. Time to get really. really serious, not just about weight, but in testing blood and taking my meds. I see a tongue lashing from Drs. Jack and Bob in the New Year. Because of the foot and knee pain, I guess I've been self-medicating with food and wine. I need to exercise my resistance muscle more as I still have to navigate through NY's Eve and the Mayor's next day afternoon levee. Luckily I farmed out all my own party leftovers except for some smoked salmon and the things still in the freezer.

We are about to get some wintery weather with freezing rain and ice pellets on the menu for today and actual snow on Wednesday. It's about time - especially now that I've found my long winter coat and my ice grippers for my boots.

What are your Sunday plans and do you have to go to work this coming week? Be kind to yourself.
Old 12-27-2015, 08:35 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Jekel - what movie did you see? If it was star wars, you're the first to say it was "okay". I really want to see it in the theater (and even my kids do!), but we'll wait til the crowds die down a bit.

Ruth - Can you do PT to help you? I'm trying to remember my stretches, but I'm not always good at it (and darned it, I keep forgetting my hand ones too). Good luck with Angus the Hurricane this week!

I'm going to have to look up Woodstock Chimes. DH bought me a Corinthian one. I bought my mom a Grace Note Chime (off internet), it has an absolutely beautiful sound to it. That was my original choice, but with his mom passing, he wasn't able to order one.

Today - is probably a whole lot of nuthin' again. I may try to get to the grocery, I'm thinking it won't be as crowded as normal with the holiday 2 days ago. We'll see how the day goes . DH just took off for a walk with the dog before the weather gets bad....
Old 12-27-2015, 09:14 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Enjoying a quiet and segregated morning here. Kirk is in the shop. Katie is in my office. My puppies are in our bedroom. Baby in the TV room. Granddaughter and daughter sleeping in the living room by the Christmas tree and Amy's dog is sweater it up and running around the yard.

Kirk and the kids are going to the pool at 10. I think I will enjoy some peace and quiet before I had to work tomorrow. I will head in and get breakfast prepped and make some homemade mac & cheese for lunch. It's bitter cold here but not much snow.

Tammy, I hope the stores are quiet for you today.

Ruth, I'm buckling down with my food and exercise, as well.

Jennifer, your evening with Joe sounded wonderful!

OK, I'm headed back inside before i get frozen out here.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:18 PM   #12  

Tammy we saw The Big Short. It was about the mortgage sub prime crash. It was interesting and a little scary considering the economy......My DS saw Star Wars opening day. He said it was awesome!!!! Last night the 7:30 show was sold out and there was already a line for the 9:30 show at 6:30! Too crazy for me. I'll go to a matinee on a Monday when the kids are back in school.
Closed Thread