Old 12-16-2015, 11:31 AM   #1  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Back after *forever* and ready to kick it again

Hi! I posted on here forever ago - but I thought the time had come to dip my toe back in these waters and sort of re-introduce myself.

Blah blah blah I ended up weighting over 250 and thought the time had come to do something about it. I don't know WHY, but it seemed to work this time and I've gotten down to 182-185 in about 6 months without too many setbacks.

I've gotten a lot of attention at work, and I feel like I'm really disappointing people when they ask what I'm doing and my only answer is "eating less and working out more" but that's really it. I've been trying to just really not eat more than I need to - not clean my plate, etc. I used to count calories REALLY OBSESSIVELY and it kind of drove me bonkers, but it did give me enough knowledge so that I can make good choices now.

Plus, as we all know, it's easier to lose more the farther away from goal you are! The pounds get harder and harder the fewer and fewer of them there are left to go!!

Another thing in my favor is that my hobbies keep me very active. I play a LOT of tennis. Lots and lots of tennis! As I've lost the weight and moving around the court has gotten easier it's been very rewarding.

I've spend a few weeks here at bouncing around just above 180 for a few reasons:

1) It's been the holidays and we've been doing a ton of traveling and eating
2) I had an injury that's kept me from doing anything even remotely cardio-related for the past month - including tennis
3) I've felt really good about how I've been looking, so I eased up

So anyway, I've been kind of "practicing maintaining" and I've been happy to see that I'm able to manage it - at least at this weight - but I'm ready to kick it back into gear and try to get rolling again.

(Stats for those who care - I'm about 5'6" I'm now a pretty comfortable size 12 in pants and medium in most brands of shirts, although tennis clothes are so crazy I'm still and XL in some of those brands!)

I attached a face photo comparison - I was amazed at how different my face looks... And that's not even my worse... Also added the photo that made me very happy for the first time in a long time in a store changing room!

So anyway - anyone who plays tennis or rides horses and wants to chat about it I'm game. Otherwise, I'll see you all around the boards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6ce319b0-9b16-4dbf-96a1-c4f64434f306.jpg (24.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg cfde1956-0c68-4d35-b40c-b5e321ea9d03.jpg (34.9 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Rebound; 12-16-2015 at 11:50 AM.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 02:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 168/ 168/ 140

Height: 5'2

Hi
My god well done on ur weight loss. Im new to here and briefly Iv always been about 168 pounds, went to volunteer in africa and lost over 120 pounds but sadly thats slowly come back on for various reasons. So im here to lose for good and keep it off!

i completely agree that the less u have to lose the harder it is, but diet and exercise worked before so they will work now... i hope lol

good luck on finishing ur weight loss and i hope to hear of ur progress. Meanwhile im off for a jog

lizzie
lizzief is offline   Reply With Quote