Old 12-12-2015, 06:52 AM   #1  

Question Goal, finally - but goals can be met and new goals set?

I just want to share that I finally, after about 18 months, reached my goal weight yesterday. It was interesting to do this at the time of the new program.
I have thought about it and my goal was at the top of my range. When I set that goal, it seemed so unreachable to me. I wanted to set a goal I thought I could achieve.
Now, with the new program and when I realize that I could lose more weight I might re-set another goal for myself.
When I was 30, they day I got married, I was 124 pounds. When I achieved Lifetime with WW 23 years ago, I reached 124 and that was after having 2 kids.
I ran off on my own and said to myself... "Well, I've done that and the weight is gone" and I went back to my old habits. I returned to WW several times over the years and never got back to goal. I finally did that yesterday, but I set a goal as a person who is older and menopausal. I thought 124 wouldn't ever be possible for me. Now, I am not so sure.
I'm 60 now and 137 was pretty darn good. I look and feel well and my doctor is very pleased with my work. My BO is down and I am no longer pre-diabetic. I did what I set out to do.
However....
Have you thought of your own goals and changing them?
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 11:45 AM   #2  

Way to go on losing weight over the last 18 months. Definitely you can change goals. My first goal was normal BMI. I made that in October and did a practice maintenance for a month. Maintenance is super hard. Psychologically, I should set a goal of a half pound a month instead of maintain.

My 2nd goal was lose another 5 pounds before the holidays because we have a huge vacation then. I have lost it (thanksgiving was hard) I will gain 5 pounds during vacation.

I constantly set fitness and weightlifting goals.

Last edited by mollyw; 12-12-2015 at 11:47 AM.
mollyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 10:35 PM   #3  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Goals can change over time.

When I first joined, a long story, but to not be the fat sister at my sons wedding, and my baby sister who was doing WW, was skinnier than me, and I had always been the skinny one.

Well, sisters and I all looked good, for the wedding!

I did continue on, and made goal and lifetime.

Then, I fell off the wagon. *deep sigh*

Rejoined when Points Plus rolled out.

Lots of life since then. Another wedding, 4 grandkids, put gramma in the nursing home and then my mother, and on and on.

WW, is my rock. While not every day might be a stellar WW day, I know, that, if I can pick one thing, to be successful at for this one day, I will be ok.

This summer sucked. My mother fell, and almost died, and then we had to put her in the nursing home, and clean out her hoarding house, and sell it and so on and so forth.

Through this all, I have great family, and I had WW. It may sound corny, but, great family, and all I learned from WW, kept me sane.

Some days food was not great, but, I CAN do portions, I CAN, take a break and go walk.
Basically, when I had to choose ONE thing I knew I could do for just one day.

That, to me, given what was going on was, SUCCESS!

Goals can be short and long term. Sometimes it's one day, sometimes it's training for a marathon.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 06:35 AM   #4  

I love your answers!
I will be thinking carefully over the next few weeks. The interesting thing is the new smart points has me at 30 points per day and I'm surprising myself by feeling satisfied and wonder if I will continue to lose weight and then be stable at some point and my body may settle in?
I wonder if WW will be OK with me just moving along and taking a little mini goal here and there as I continue on?
I don't know if I'll lose more or nor. I'm happy where I am to some degree, but that one skirt I bought still is uncomfortable and zipping it up and buttoning it are near impossible!
Old 12-15-2015, 06:40 AM   #5  

The new smart points plan has given me hope that I can continue to drop a few more pounds. This morning, my scale tipped (a good word for this?) to a new low for me, a number I have not seen in probably 20 years. My weight fluctuates daily and throughout the day and I admit to being nuts enough to weigh myself a few times each day.
I may have a re-assessment of my goal, but I may let it ride until after New Year's and relax a little bit. There will be some holiday indulgences.