South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 07:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Merry Monday SBD Chat, 11/30

Good morning! Coffee is welcome on this cold morning, it's even chilly in the house!

I had a wonderful, and productive, weekend, and wound it up by going to a beautiful concert at the Shrine of Padre Pio with my SIL yesterday. What a great way to start the holiday season!

This week is only a 3 day work week for me with a short day Wednesday since I have a doctor appointment at 9, and then I leave for my much-anticipated girlsfriend's weekend in Cape May. There's a group of 16 of us that have been renting the same house the first weekend in December every year, and we just have a blast. I am really looking forward to it!

How is your week shaping up?
Old 11-30-2015, 07:50 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

My week is looking good since I will be seeing Linda this week. I head out Wednesday late afternoon.

Well, yesterday's dinner for 12 didn't happen. I got up feeling strange and it got progressively worse so I had to cancel by mid-afternoon and went to bed. No idea what was up but suspect some mild flu. So far all seems well today and I'm going to start off in low gear instead of overdrive today. I'll take it easy on the coffee too.

Indian summer is back with temps in the 50's but rain happening. And it's December tomorrow. The outdoor lights are still not up but maybe today. I can't believe this mild fall! As long as the rain doesn't turn to ice, I'm all for it but definitely wand snow by Christmas. Remind me of this when I start to crab later next month.

So today will be banking, bills and prep for going away. I am hoping NOT to have to go to the Mill or Office until December 8th but ...

Raising my coffee mug to a productive day.

Whoops! My weather thingie is giving me Cape May weather. I'm almost afraid to change it back to Delta! (Just did and we'll have temps in the 40's. Whew!)
Old 11-30-2015, 08:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Hmmmm, do you think I can drive to Cape May and be your barista for the weekend?! Or would that be your bartender to serve the wine?! LOL!!

Ruth, keep yourself healthy for your trip!

Linda, sounds like you had a lovely weekend!

Welp, made it back from NC this weekend. DH went out hunting on the first day of the season, I think with me not doing as much, he makes up for it by going outside more . I have no idea how to cook venison, so I'm kind of hoping he doesn't get anything. Although I do read real good...

Today I need to plan out the menu (I have no idea of our weather, guess I should look that up...I hope soup will be appropriate!), and get a little bit of shopping done for Cyber Monday sales. I've got DH taken care of, and a few little gifts for friends, but need to work on some others. And what the heck do I buy my 12 yo DS? The only thing I can think of is a gaming chair (and I am so mad at him with electronics right now, I'd rather break all his games!!).

I reheated coffee from DH getting up and leaving at 4 am (crazy man), which is good enough for me!
Old 11-30-2015, 08:42 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am in office today with lots of meetings on my plate and then leaving to meet my DD's for DD2 dentist appointment. I was going to cancel but figured DD1 could pick up DD2 from school and meet me at the dentist since I could not wfh today.

My company is also switching dentist insurances the first of the year so I am trying to figure which of our dentist are in the PPO. Found out DD2's is and so is her ortho now to just get the the dentist for the rest of the family to join the plan otherwise we will have to switch.

Cottage I hope this week flies by for you so you can go enjoy the weekend with friends

Ruth sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well

Tywnn sounds like you made the trip without to much issues so that is great news. DD2 wants one of the chairs but not one but two (for her friends when they are over lol)

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 11-30-2015, 05:10 PM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I missed the morning, but the day isn't over Not much new here. The kids were crazy today, extra loud, but we all made it through the day. I see a long few weeks ahead

Cottage - How is Cape May in December? I miss the ocean, but it's very cold up here now.

Ruth - Hope the day continued healthy. I've been in baking mode too, three recipes before dinner yesterday and looking at more for tomorrow night. now I need to find more eaters. Can't have all that stuff around here

Tammy - Was your shopping successful? Several of the teachers I work with were scanning sales during down time.

Rose - Hope all went smoothly today.

It's going to be a version of Cottages Hobbit Shire soup tonight. I'm not sure of ll the details ( I need to check the fridge) but I'm sure t will be just what the doctor ordered after the holiday eating frenzy
Old 11-30-2015, 05:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, Cape May is great in December! The town goes all out and looks like a Norman Rockwell/Currier & Ives Christmas with all the lights and decorations, and it gets pretty crowded, too. Usually the beach is way too cold & windy to walk on, but it's fun to be there. We rent one of the old "Victorian Ladies" and have it all to ourselves, and just do whatever we want for 5 blissful days.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Late check in. Was put the foot early for a wellness seminar....whoa my spell check is wonky! Was out the door early...lol... I felt horribly for the woman who organized today. Only 2 of us showed up! She had 10 additional positive RSVPs who didn't have the decency to let her know they couldn't make it. Well their loss was our gain. I came home with a photo album, beautiful handmade earrings (15 pairs) two craft projects and an assortment of healthy food. Oh and a Magic Bullet!!! I am going to give my sister the earrings as part of her Christmas present.

I decided I am on P1 again lol for two weeks. I also took home a homemade gingerbread house which will stay wrapped until Christmas. I am also journaling everything for the month. With holiday gatherings at work this is going to be a challenge, but I know I can do it.

Ruth so sorry you didn't feel well. Take good care of yourself before your trip.

Tammy I prefer ground venison or cutlets. Very tender!

Linda and Ruth your girls weekend sounds like a blast. Don't get in any trouble lol

Pearlrose hope you don't have to find a new dentist. Mine retired, but I like my new one thank goodness. DS doesn't have my dental coverage anymore. I dread taking him because he does nothing to take care of his teeth. That will cost him dearly as he ages.

Cyndi sooty the kids were crazy. Like them, I don't want to go back to work tomorrow. I could get used to being home.

Look at the time, 6:00 pm, time for jammies!
Old 11-30-2015, 07:36 PM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good evening

late checkin too. I was gone most of the day at the guild weaving but I have to ask Linda - 16 women, how many washrooms?
hope to get in here tomorrow
take care
Sophie
Old 11-30-2015, 08:09 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening. Just wanted to stop and say hi; I did a quick peek at everyone's news while at work but didn't have time to post.

Nothing much new here; just another busy day at work, but I made it through my Merry Monday. I used up our leftover turkey tonight making enchiladas which were quite yummy. (DH had a whole wheat tortilla while I wrapped mine in romaine) Cyndi, I know the high school kids are already thinking about another vacation so the younger kids must really be excited.

Jennifer, what a haul! Glad you had a good time.
Cottage, I need to check the listings for some of our local musical events. Your's sounds quite enjoyable.
Ruth, hope you feel better.

Happy end of November, chicks.
Closed Thread