100 lb. Club - Exericse Thread week of August 17th

suzie76
08-17-2003, 10:10 AM
Happy Sunday!

This morning was a variety of shorter dvd's...

Quick Fix-Arms/Legs segment

Quick Fix-Abs segment (killer!)

Crunch Candlelight Yoga-good yoga tape for beginners!

Sherry

PS-there are some Minna Lessig fans here (Hi Holly) you might like the Quick Fix Total Mix DVD-it has nine different ten minute segments-three each of arms/legs, abs and buns. The workout is really good, but I find their chatter annoying : "we're getting sexier...whatever, fill in the body part." I really like the combination arms/legs-different squats and lunges combined with bicep work, etc. I found the DVD at Target for only ten dollars.

Daners
08-17-2003, 01:16 PM
Okay gang...I've seen these threads and have been avoiding them. I hate the "E word". I go for my walks and call it good. So now 60+ pounds into my journey, my arms are quickly sagging---ugh! So I picked up the FIRM DVDs last week. Watched the Cardio Scuplt one, and now I'm ready to get on it and do at least one a day. I don't have the "fanny lifter" yet, but I'll improvise til I get one. Wish me luck! I think this is just what I'm needing, like it or not.

I've also dusted off the--don't laugh--thighmaster--I love it! And I can feel the muscles working. I try to do 50 when I get up, 50 when I come home and another 50 before I go to bed.

Have a great week!

Edited to add this:
Okay, so I just did the upper body Firm workout. I love it, can totally feel it! I think I've found what I need! Woo-Hoo! Now we'll have to see how I feel tomorrow. I'll probably do the ab sculpt tomorrow, ugh, I hate ab work!

gonzostar
08-17-2003, 02:31 PM
i did my favorite exercise tape this morning, minna's emergency workout.

30 min cardo and 30 min toning! damn, i'm going to have a sore *** tomorrow! heh.

p.s. just saw sherry's note about minna -- yes i LOVE her! that sounds like a good DVD. =) i'll have to check it out.

synger
08-18-2003, 10:54 AM
Welcome to the Exercise Thread, Daners! It's great to have you here. Those Firm tapes will really help get your metabolism revved up.

Sunday I did the Bellydance Slimdown again. Fun, and some of the hip movements (especially hip shimmies) are quite challenging. I really feel it in my calves and thighs. The cueing sux, but once you go through it once or twice it's easy to catch on.

Reesa23
08-18-2003, 11:37 AM
Last week (Aug.10-17)I did my lisa Sandstone tape Walk Away The Pounds 1 mile tape Sunday, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thurs then fell off from then until now. Today I'm going to start the 2 mile tape. I think Curves would be fun..but at this point I can't spare the extra $ for that.

rochemist
08-18-2003, 07:52 PM
I woke up too late today to hit the gym and do strength training instead I did more a toning workout for a 1/2 hour you know push-ups,light weight flyes, chest press, etc.. so I got a UBWO in. Steps last night 12,457 and I made last weeks steps goal of an average of 10,269 steps/day. Feeling good about excercise, who wants to come lock my fridge? LOL!

Miss Chris

synger
08-18-2003, 08:14 PM
I spent a couple hours walking and shopping in Harper's Ferry, then played in the pool at home with Gem and Hunter. (See thread "#197 Places to Go, People to See" for more details.)

There are lots of fun ways to be more active!

SuchAPrettyFace
08-19-2003, 12:04 AM
3 circuits @ the gym tonight. :D

synger
08-19-2003, 09:36 AM
Yay, SuchaPrettyFace!! I know you've been working up to three circuits, and your trainer's been pushing you. Doesn't it feel great to succeed? I'm proud of you!!

/hug

Charbar
08-19-2003, 09:58 AM
I dusted off my 1 mile Leslie Sanson dvd this morning. Feels good to exercise :D :strong:

SuchAPrettyFace
08-19-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by synger
Yay, SuchaPrettyFace!! I know you've been working up to three circuits, and your trainer's been pushing you. Doesn't it feel great to succeed? I'm proud of you!!

/hug Thank you so much!! It does feel great, and you know what? I'm not dead! :lol: I thought for sure I would be.

Tonight I'm going to try a 2 mile walk even though it's 90 degrees out right now. I shall wait until it cools off.

gonzostar
08-19-2003, 01:40 PM
yay SAPF!

i hit 10,041 on the pedometer last night. i had class so there wasn't time for actual exercise, but i don't feel guilty cuz of all the walking i got in.

gonzostar
08-20-2003, 02:03 AM
i just finished minna's fat eliminator. i was sweating and breathing hard and feeling the burn! these videos are great for me, i'm so glad i'm getting back into them. =)

the video also helped me get 9,644 steps today. THISCLOSE to 10,000... but i'm not going to walk in circles around the house to remedy it, either. ;P

now i'm going to go start reading "chunk to hunk"!

KittyMilk
08-20-2003, 03:51 AM
Wow great to see so many exercisers :)

I did kathy smith fatloss tape today after having two days off. It's actually getting alot easyier. Amazing! If you keep exercising one day you get fitter and better at it- who'd of thunk it! lol

LesnarsTXF5Diva
08-20-2003, 04:19 AM
I decided to really push myself this next 2 weeks. My family reunion is next Saturday. I've upped my stationary bike ride from 30 minutes to ONE HOUR, do a new 10 minute ab workout and 20 minutes of freeweights. My old workout was just a 30 minute stationary bike ride and 20 minutes of freeweights. My legs feel like they're about to fall off, but I know it'll be worth it:dizzy:

My mom came in my room when I was riding the bike earlier and said, "You're just melting away!" :lol:

suzie76
08-20-2003, 09:10 AM
Good morning,

Yesterday was Richard Simmons Dance your Pants off...it was really fun

In contrast, today was the Firm Lower body Sculpt I. I will be sore later....$#%#@@ fanny lifter!

Daners, how is the Firm going for you? I find it really hard.

Holly, I just won Minna's Fat eliminator for a dollar off ebay (plus shipping) and also won her Strength and Grace for $3.50. I'll let you know how I like them.

Take care,
Sherry

synger
08-20-2003, 09:24 AM
Yesterday I hallwalked. I had planned to lift when I got home, but my tendonitis flared up so bad that I couldn't . /pout

suzie76
08-20-2003, 11:41 AM
Synger,
I hope you are feeling better!

Hugs,
Sherry

LesnarsTXF5Diva
08-21-2003, 01:33 AM
Lord I made it through another day of a 60 minute stationary bike ride and the 10 minute ab workout. That 60 almost became 30, but I can't give up:)

SuchAPrettyFace
08-21-2003, 01:45 AM
Hope you're feeling better soon, synger!

I did 3 circuits @ the gym tonight. :D

suzie76
08-21-2003, 08:38 AM
Yay SAPF!!!!

This morning I did Tamilee Webb Fit to the Hits Motown-a fun thirty minute cardio workout.

May try to do some stretching later.

Sherry

synger
08-21-2003, 09:24 AM
I didn't hallwalk yesterday. Work was too hectic. But I did get a 20 minute Method: Afro-Brazilian Cardio workout in late in the evening. It's not the best workout in the world (short warmup, no cooldown or stretch), but it's fun and short, and there are three workouts on the tape, each 15-20 minutes. And it's better than nothing.

My tendonitis is back to its normal "don't-forget-that-I'm-here" twitchy/achy level. Much better than the "don't-even-THINK-about-using-this-foot" level. Some mornings when I take my allergy pill and my vitamin, I just pop four ibuprofen as a matter of course. This morning I didn't have to. That makes it a good day. /grin

I hope to be able to lift tonight. It'll be my first lifting workout this week. I just haven't been able to schedule one in earlier. I have to lift early in the evening since I take about an hour to do it and can't be downstairs past 9:30 (so houseguest can get to bed) and don't want to workout right after I eat. And if I do it early in the evening Gem is still awake and I need Hunter there to keep an eye on her when I have heavy weights overhead. So when I plan to lift it has to be an evening that Hunter is home and an evening that Hunter is going to put Gem to bed. /sigh

suzie76
08-22-2003, 07:39 AM
I didn't feel like exercising today, so I did Tamilee Webb's stretching for beginners. It's a thirty minute total body stretch. It felt so good! For anyone like me, who is NOT flexible, wants to learn yoga and feels like they can't cause they're too stiff, try this.
I know Synger likes this one! I did the whole thirty minute workout, not the three separate ten minute ones. Only problem is, now I'm all relaxed and don't want to get ready for work. I want to go back to bed! The DVD has two versions-three ten minute workouts and one thirty minute w/o. I forget what each one is named, so I have the title of the one I did wrong.

Sherry

synger
08-22-2003, 09:33 AM
I had hoped to lift last night, but Hunter had to work late so I had to do something that I can do and keep an eye on Gem. I finally found my Donna-Mite tape so I put that in.

This used to be one of my favorite tapes. Nice and dancy, with semi-complicated steps. You have to watch what's going on and pay attention. But Donna is SUCH a great instructor that you get it pretty easily, as long as you pay attention.

There's the rub. This is the first time I've tried doing it with a toddler around. I only got about halfway through. I kept having to stop paying attention to talk to Gem (Mama, see my tower? Mama, whatcha doin'? Mama, Mama! A spider! etc.)

So I think this one will go in the pile of tapes I can only do when Gem's asleep or Hunter's watching her. /chuckle I ended up marching through some of the best parts of it 'cause I wasn't paying attention to the learning of the steps.

But at least I got to do half of it. Half of a 50-minute intermediate aerobics tape is nothing to be ashamed of.

synger
08-23-2003, 01:34 PM
Yesterday I hallwalked. I knew I wouldn't hav time to workout, too, so I made sure I got a good solid 30 minute walk during my break.

gonzostar
08-23-2003, 02:13 PM
so i just did most of denise austin's fat burning blast video. the cable guy go there in the middle of the 2nd part, i'll just do some weights and such to finish up when he leaves.

i'm still not a pro at this workout thing. i've got a ways to go.

suzie76
08-23-2003, 02:18 PM
It's okay Holly, you're doing great!

I'm mad, the Minna tape I got for a dollar (fat eliminator) doesn't play right...

I'm taking a rest day today from "formal." exercise. We are going to go swimming at my mil's, though.

sherry

SuchAPrettyFace
08-24-2003, 03:40 AM
3 circuits @ the gym today :)