South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 07:33 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Finally Friday! November 13

And it's Friday the 13th! It's also poring rain! A good day to snuggle in at home by the wood stove. Coffee first though!
Old 11-13-2015, 07:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Ruth - I didn't realize the date! Sounds like you have a cozy plan for the day.

I'm off to the gym this morning then will spend the day with DH and MIL again. DH will be home for almost a week again beginning tomorrow when 3 brothers take over until next Friday. Made broccoli cauliflower soup; my favorite thing about colder weather is SOUP!

Have a great day.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Mmmmm Karen, that sounds delish! I made broccoli cheese soup this week, I also made Italian Ragout soup. I shared it with a friend that shattered her leg (they wouldn't even try to fix it!) and she loved it .

Ruth - are you really going to lounge around today?! Good for you if you do!

Oh, I forgot it was Friday the 13th! I have no appointments today (YAY!), but I do have a 30% off coupon at Kohl's . Of course, it's not for me, it's for my kids' winter clothes. I did find a pair of warm boots at Ross last night, so I'm set .

OHHHH, and DH found me one of those heated neck thingees at Ross last night. OH. EM. GEE. That thing is A-MAZE-ING!!

Funny what makes you happy, isn't it?! Everyone have a good day!
Old 11-13-2015, 07:56 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, I'm hoping for a quiet and cozy day - the dogs have already gone back to bed and I feel like doing the same since I have the first signs of a cold starting up. It's too early in the day to tackle it with my usual potion of hot Neo-Citran and Scotch!

Finally finished the last quilt and, if there is a break in the rain, I'll deliver them and do a bank run at the same time. I may have to go over to the Town Hall later to supervise the guys as they install the door to close off the big room which just sucks the heat out of the middle room and kitchen. They were supposed to pick up the door from the antique dealer yesterday but could not because of the rain - open truck. I suspect this will not happen until tomorrow when it finally stops raining - I hope!

TGIF ... I think!
Old 11-13-2015, 09:12 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Another wfh from day for me but I do have to run to the base to pick up prescriptions and I need to get my flu shot today (requirement of work if you don't get you will be fired).

Not sure what is on the agenda tonight but I know the sun is shining and the wind has moved along.

Ruth hopefully there will be a break in the rain for everyone

Karen that soup sounds yummy

Tywnn sounds like you found some good stuff at Ross last evening.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 11-13-2015, 09:35 AM   #6  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Ruth. Another day of running around. Hope the rain goes away

Karen. Glad there is a break for dh. A very good friend of mine husband has been living athis mother's for 2 years now. The other siblings are just not interested and have walked away. I keep telling my friend they all will be there when thee will is read.

Tammy. Glad you found things you like

Pearlrose. Hope your run is quick. I am hoping to get my flu shot on monday.

dd qnd grandsons to arrive between 1 and 2. Horrible windy, rainy day to travel with 2 kids and a dog. I'm off to clean and then make pizza dough.
have a great day everyone
take care
Sophie
Old 11-13-2015, 10:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Oh well lost my post

Tammy check this out http://www.grampasgarden.com
I have a blanket from then and love it!!!!
Old 11-13-2015, 10:49 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

My friend's chemo went well and she only had one bad night. My next task was laid in front of me, however, when the medical staff approached me regarding my friend showing up for appointments not adequately dressed for the now very cold weather. Soooo.....I decided I wasn't capable of handling this alone and I started making phone calls. I spent all of yesterday morning in a womans meeting at my church where they donated $240 dollars. After lunch I met with a very well off Christian friend and we went shopping. My friend volunteers for a mental health group which meets weekly, having had issues herself, so I dropped my friend off at the meeting last night and my other friend brought her home. It is great to have some support and my friend is now decked out with two beautiful warm coats, lots of hats and gloves, and a new pair of Sorrel boots will arrive in the mail on Tuesday.

I'm spending today with DH....heading to the pool, out to lunch then up the road to do a chore for him. We'll head back over tomorrow morning. It's very cold here, but sunny and beautiful.

Happy Friday!
Closed Thread