Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-09-2015, 02:38 PM   #1  

Cool New here...need some kind words

So, I've lost 83lbs over the last 18 months and I'm now 11 weeks post op from tummy tuck surgery with ab repair and hernia repair. I have not weighed myself since before the surgery. I am EXTREMELY happy with the results of the surgery..... but I'm feeling really down in other ways. I just want to feel normal again. This surgery was far more invasive and painful than I could have imagined but my belly looks more beautiful than I could have imagined in my wildest dreams.... I am still swollen, stiff, and basically sad........ keep looking in the mirror to try to snap myself out of it...but, really feeling out of sorts...
WickedPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:25 PM   #2  
Aleta

S/C/G: 160.2/156.4/125

Height: 5' 6.5"

Hello there! I would love to have a tummy tuck, but too scared to be put under and the pain afterwards. I do think with any surgery you're going to feel out of sorts. My dad had just a hernia repair and was painful recovery, so I can't imagine that AND the muscle repair AND the tuck. You need to be kind to yourself and try your best not to do the negative self talk. Just recover and feel proud that you have come this far with weight loss!
Kitiaraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:49 PM   #3  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Hugs.

High-fives.

Love.

You've done so much - I hope you can find some comfort and pride in your accomplishments - you've earned them!

But, if you're not feeling better, you may want to talk to a healthcare provider. Some people may get depressed after surgery, even if it's successful. There's no shame in asking for help if you need it

I am not a doctor and am not providing medical advice in any way - I've just been there before. Good luck!
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote