Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-04-2015, 08:35 PM   #1  

Default temptation? help me please lol

so we are doing a project for class and our group meets at an Italian restaurant .. I just drank water and tasted a tiny piece of a pizzatizer as I didn't wanna seem totally awkward.. overall I was in control and everything was good.

Now we have another meeting there and yes it's necessary for us to meet there only lol but this time I'm so tempted to eat and just let loose. In the back of my mind, I already know I should be focusing and staying strict but then a part of me says to just let loose for one night.. I don't know lol

what should I do? any tips?
FrozenDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:11 AM   #2  
flyin purple people eater

S/C/G: sz 20/22 --> sz 10/12 --> sz 8

Height: 5'8"

You know yourself best. I can't eat a moderate amount of my trigger foods. Even if I ate moderately in front of others, once that door is open there is a floodgate and I can't stop myself in the privacy of my own home (I used to secret eat a lot).

Last night I went to a Christmassy themed get together and there were all sorts of treats to nibble on. I didn't have anything because 1) I wasn't hungry and 2) even if I was, I can't only have just one. People commented on my self control, but in actual fact I have very little self control. This is the only way to keep my eating in check. I abstain.
Raisin5Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 130/108/104

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisin5Cookies View Post
You know yourself best. I can't eat a moderate amount of my trigger foods. Even if I ate moderately in front of others, once that door is open there is a floodgate and I can't stop myself in the privacy of my own home (I used to secret eat a lot).

Last night I went to a Christmassy themed get together and there were all sorts of treats to nibble on. I didn't have anything because 1) I wasn't hungry and 2) even if I was, I can't only have just one. People commented on my self control, but in actual fact I have very little self control. This is the only way to keep my eating in check. I abstain.
Yep, I am the same way. I had a interview at a restaurant and I just nibbled on a small salad with balsamic vinagrette, drank lots of water and had some of my own food when I got home. Otherwise I will choose a fish dish or protein dish and have them only use vegetables and leave the carbs off. Then I eat half and take the rest home for lunch the next day.
chubbysmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Height: 5'8

I say stick to the plan. It sounds like going out to eat is a common thing in your life, so you should practice eating intuitively when at a restaurant. Letting loose is for birthdays, holidays, or celebrations
RetroRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisin5Cookies View Post
I also find that abstaining at these "nibbly" Christmassy events is the best route to take; otherwise (for me), the whole event becomes a nonstop interior monologue of should-I-shouldn't-I. "Normal" eaters have no idea what some of us go through.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:43 PM   #6  
flyin purple people eater

S/C/G: sz 20/22 --> sz 10/12 --> sz 8

Height: 5'8"

That is sooo true. I asked my husband the other day - "Do you think about food when you aren't hungry, or when you don't have time/don't want to eat?"

Nope. Food doesn't exist on his radar most of the time. That. Is. Bizarre.
Raisin5Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote