South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 06:47 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Warm Wednesday :) November 4

This weather is such a bonus! It's so nice to be in the mid-60s rather than dealing with cold and snow! And - so far - I have nothing on the calendar for today.

Yesterday's rug cleaning went well - mainly because Dann showed up and did the job while I took down the fall decorations and plied him with coffee. He even took the machine back to the store which freed up my time to deliver a quilt to a cancer patient far, far back in the wilderness. The house was down roads I'd never been on and some of them were just dirt with a strip of grass growing down the middle. Luckily there was absolutely no traffic and I found the place with no problem - a gorgeous old house high on a hill overlooking a lovely lake.

Today I am planning to avoid the phone and do the Big Domestic. Niggles are becoming Nasty Niggles and Michelle comes to clean tomorrow. I plan to finally get the pine needles and leaves swept off the deck since the mutts seem to bring them indoors on their feet. Millie has brought in several black walnuts which she is sure are tennis balls.

Time for another coffee and then will figure out my plan of attack. Laundry is a must since I did not get to it on the weekend I need a boss!

Enjoy whatever the day brings.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wonderful Wednesday SBD Chat, 11/4

Happy Humpday! We have bright sunshine here already this morning, and it's supposed to be in the mid 70s.

Good morning, Ruth! I'm glad yesterday went well!

This morning I have to wait for the call from Cindy, and go pick her up from the hospital. She had a nasty fall yesterday while on the fox hunt and they kept her overnight for observation. Thankfully, it's just a concussion. I made dinner and stayed with the girls and it was a late night until Richard got home, poor guy. Hopefully, today will be better.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 11-04-2015 at 06:58 AM.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Hasn't this weather been beautiful lately, Ruth!? I've been saying too, since we still have some leaves, that sunset shining on the trees has been stunning. Hard to believe it's the beginning of November. Where the heck did the year go?!

I have bible study this morning, and then nothing otherwise. I do need to get to the library sometime, but it is on campus and I have to plan when to go there so the traffic and pedestrians aren't *too* crazy. Of course, there's the long list of niggles as well, but...
Old 11-04-2015, 07:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Linda - OUCH! Cindy is very lucky that's all she got was a concussion, glad she's okay. She's lucky to have you to fill in as needed! Hope you had a good night's rest!
Old 11-04-2015, 07:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. The weather has been wonderful here too.

Yesterday was a big day in KC - Royals parade and celebration. Schools and businesses closed. DH and I had eye doctor appointments scheduled and they called to cancel but when I explained how hard it is for him to get there because of his mom's healthy, the moved us to the morning. We didn't brave the crowds but did watch some on TV.

Today's project is to figure out our medical insurance for next year. Ugh. And I have a derm appointment.

Have a great day.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:00 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I am up, but barely. We didn't get home until nine last night but got a need to the airport with her dog and she let us know that they made it to San Francisco in one piece. Her service dog is a big guy but he laid on the floor on the airplane right by her feet.we picked up our friend afterwards at a whole foods and went and had a late dinner then got her to light rail.

Kirk is still sleeping in the puppies have been fed. Don is breaking and I'm just going to MoveOn and get prepared for some yardwork. I don't have a lot of patience for the yard work this time of year but I'm hoping that I'll find some patience and peace and enjoy what is left of the nice day as the weather is supposed to change in a big way.

Ruth, I'm glad you had help with the carpet machine. They are really beast! Enjoy your niggle day I got my inside ones done yesterday.

Linda, I'm glad Cyndi wasn't hurt worse. I hope things go well at the farm today and that she's home and get some rest.

Tammy, I'm trying to figure out when the traffic isn't bad on campus. To your Bible study.

Karen, I'm glad they rescheduled the appointment. I'll bet Kansas City is crazy these days! I have to redo my insurance, too but I'm covered until the end of the year.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:51 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick fly by for me, I am on break from class. We still have foggy weather with no sunshine in sight but it is in the high 60s so we will take it.

Tonight is just more studying for class, DD2 has art class and we have hair cut appointment.

Cottage glad that Cyndi is going to be okay.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 218/194/175

Good morning!

Life has been crazy lately. DH took a week off just to burn up some comp time and for a break before some conferences he's speaking at. It's been nice having him home and we've had some fun adventures, but boy does it wreck ny schedule. That, and the time change has resulted in some really crazy naptimes.

I'm with you on the niggles, Ruth. Things have definitely crept up on me. I've got to get the Halloween decor packed up and the guest bedroom ready for company again, which is going to be a huge job since I turned it into toy decluttering central in preparation for the holiday influx.

Well, DS just woke up from his morning nap, so now it's time for breakfast all around. Have a great day!!
Old 11-04-2015, 08:01 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

What a couple of busy days I've had! Yesterday after work, DH and I went on a big "date": we went to vote, grabbed a burger at a local restaurant and then went to Lowe's to pick out a new kitchen faucet. DH had tried to fix a leak in the faucet only to find that the innards had corroded away and had to be replaced. We ended up getting a plumber to come today.

Meanwhile, school is crazy busy as the marking period is ending, so lots of tests and papers to grade, plus some meetings and such.

But the weather has been beautiful and the stars are gorgeous tonight since it is so clear. I am loving it, even if I just see the sunshine through the window.

Off to veg on the couch. Happy hump day, chicks!
Closed Thread