Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-02-2015, 03:40 PM   #1  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up November Featherweight Chat! :-)

Happy November, fine Featherweight friends! Hope everyone has an excellent month. I know we're all going to be busy, but please take some time for yourselves this month, to recharge and refresh - you deserve it!
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 05:34 PM   #2  
flyin purple people eater

S/C/G: sz 20/22 --> sz 10/12 --> sz 8

Height: 5'8"

*waves* Hello, Autumn! The leaves are turning amazing colours around here, and I really think there's something special about marking the change in seasons. I love it.

Some of you might have seen my complaining thread about my FIL - he size shamed me on my Facebook post gushing about a pretty dress, and after a few friends lept to my defense, my mom saw the post and bought me the dress! It should arrive tomorrow, and I'm FREAKING OUT that it won't fit. The dress is the same size that I'm (mostly) fitting into these days, but dresses are tricky and this one isn't stretchy like my other (only) two dresses. Ugh. I guess I need to deal with the mental issues surrounding this - my FIL's opinion of my weight/size has ZERO influence on my day to day life, and even if the dress doesn't fit, SO WHAT. I am still losing weight and it will fit soon enough.

But still. Ugh.
Raisin5Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 01:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 193/131/125

Height: 5'5"

I'm so happy to be close to healthy BMI. Truly.

But I'm also sooooooo not happy about how few calories I burn (and I know it's only going to go down, and I'm relatively higher at 5'5" than a lot of women in terms of caloric burn). But I'm switching to full time at my firm in a couple weeks and I'm going to be sitting for so much of the day and I'm not going to be burning very much at all.

This is also the point at which I plateaued last time I got down around here (about 10 pounds less) which led to re-gain and frustration and just… ugh. I want to keep going. And I know I can, and knowledge is power, but I'm feeling… a bit dismal about the future slowness of my weight loss.
ladyfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:54 AM   #4  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisin5Cookies View Post
*waves* Hello, Autumn! The leaves are turning amazing colours around here, and I really think there's something special about marking the change in seasons. I love it.

Some of you might have seen my complaining thread about my FIL - he size shamed me on my Facebook post gushing about a pretty dress, and after a few friends lept to my defense, my mom saw the post and bought me the dress! It should arrive tomorrow, and I'm FREAKING OUT that it won't fit. The dress is the same size that I'm (mostly) fitting into these days, but dresses are tricky and this one isn't stretchy like my other (only) two dresses. Ugh. I guess I need to deal with the mental issues surrounding this - my FIL's opinion of my weight/size has ZERO influence on my day to day life, and even if the dress doesn't fit, SO WHAT. I am still losing weight and it will fit soon enough.

But still. Ugh.
I am so sorry to hear that, 5. Totally inappropriate on his part. Hate to say this, but this is why I don't do FB, though a lot of my family does.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:59 AM   #5  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyfat View Post

But I'm also sooooooo not happy about how few calories I burn (and I know it's only going to go down, and I'm relatively higher at 5'5" than a lot of women in terms of caloric burn). But I'm switching to full time at my firm in a couple weeks and I'm going to be sitting for so much of the day and I'm not going to be burning very much at all.

This is also the point at which I plateaued last time I got down around here (about 10 pounds less) which led to re-gain and frustration and just… ugh. I want to keep going. And I know I can, and knowledge is power, but I'm feeling… a bit dismal about the future slowness of my weight loss.
Have the same exact issue, without the added inches of height (I am a little jealous )! You will figure out the best way to tackle the issue - just be sure and take it easy on yourself on the road to discovery.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:44 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungerWerks View Post
I am so sorry to hear that, 5. Totally inappropriate on his part. Hate to say this, but this is why I don't do FB, though a lot of my family does.
Thank you! I have tried to quit FB in the past, but it's where all my links to the outside world are, haha! I feel really isolated as a SAHM without it.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Hungerwerks - Thank you for starting this thread!!! A good reminder to take some time for ourselves this month.

Ugh.... Raisin5Cookies - Sorry about your FIL... not cool man. But kind of excited for your dress!

~~~
The month is flying by already, but feeling like at least I have a handle on the tasks I want to complete (there are a TON). Work is slowing down, which is a relief, but trying to focus on

Drinking coffee. As a featherweight, I feel like it becomes more of a challenge to figure out how to lose it. For me (just for me) I feel like I can comfortably have two meals a day and still lose. Any more than that and it becomes less likely. I'm still well within the recommended BMI, but would like to be just a bit leaner. Healthy and lean are my by-words.

Happy day, everyone!!!!
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/130

Hi featherweights! I'm going to jump in here because I need the extra kick to stay on the losing track with the holidays coming up.

Ladyfat - I'm currently working a full time sit and your desk job and it's so tough knowing if I was up on my feet all day weight loss would be 10 times easier. Good luck to you!!
tonimaroni2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 03:36 PM   #9  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexistrophic View Post
Hungerwerks - Thank you for starting this thread!!! A good reminder to take some time for ourselves this month.

Ugh.... Raisin5Cookies - Sorry about your FIL... not cool man. But kind of excited for your dress!

~~~
The month is flying by already, but feeling like at least I have a handle on the tasks I want to complete (there are a TON). Work is slowing down, which is a relief, but trying to focus on

Drinking coffee. As a featherweight, I feel like it becomes more of a challenge to figure out how to lose it. For me (just for me) I feel like I can comfortably have two meals a day and still lose. Any more than that and it becomes less likely. I'm still well within the recommended BMI, but would like to be just a bit leaner. Healthy and lean are my by-words.

Happy day, everyone!!!!
My pleasure! Yes, there's so much to do when the holidays roll around. You cannot beat them for motivation!

The two meal thing kind of works for me, too, although it's not what I'd consider my "normal" (not normal at all) size of a meal. To give you an idea of what I'd consider normal: I tallied up the calories I used on an "up" day for a meal of spaghetti. The spaghetti ALONE, without the feta cheese in it and the kalamata olives alongside it, was 979 calories. I never really realized how many calories I was consuming in one sitting. And that was actually less than I would have had, at one time in my life!

But today is a good example of what you're talking about. I'm trying to eat my calories early, to get a good weigh-in tomorrow. Here's the menu:

Three eggs scrambled with a serving of greens (greens were free)
1/4 cup pomegranate juice (free)
One slice Ezekiel bread with 100 calories worth of butter
Coffee with two tablespoons heavy cream

1/2 bar chocolate
1/2 cup frozen cherries
1/2 cup heavy cream over the cherries

And we're done! I have about fifty calories left, but what can you really have for fifty calories? I'll add it to tomorrow's allotment.

Last edited by HungerWerks; 11-04-2015 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:40 PM   #10  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonimaroni2 View Post
Hi featherweights! I'm going to jump in here because I need the extra kick to stay on the losing track with the holidays coming up.

Ladyfat - I'm currently working a full time sit and your desk job and it's so tough knowing if I was up on my feet all day weight loss would be 10 times easier. Good luck to you!!
Glad you're here, Toni - love your name and your artsy avatar!

I've recently covered a 22" x 10" x 12" in woodgrain-patterned shelf paper, and stuck my laptop on top of it. Now I have to stand to be on the computer, which results in my moving around a lot. Not sure if that's an option for you, but sharing just in case.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:46 PM   #11  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisin5Cookies View Post
Thank you! I have tried to quit FB in the past, but it's where all my links to the outside world are, haha! I feel really isolated as a SAHM without it.
Gotta salute you for that. Can't think of a higher calling, except for maybe a minister or a comedian.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:24 PM   #12  

Aw, thanks Hunger! Very sweet of you to say.

In other non-diety news in my life, this weekend I'm participating in a karaoke type competition and dressing up Abba-esque. Woohoo!
Old 11-05-2015, 09:22 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 130/108/104

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyfat View Post

I too have a "desk job". I have found always taking the stairs (never the elevator, unless you are on some ridiculous floor in a highrise), and finding excuses for "mini-breaks" helps a lot to get some movement.

Mini breaks maybe bathroom trips, trips to get hot water for tea, lunch breaks shopping at nearby mall, trips to cafeteria for coffee. I also have done some lunges or calf lifts in my office for some movement to increase circulation.
chubbysmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 08:41 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 152/104/102

Desk job here too- that's why I lose so much better with super low calories- like, 900 to lose weight. To "maintain" or slowly drift down, I can do 1200-1400. 1500 tops or I start to gain back. Oh, the joys of being short.

I keep drifting my goal weight a tad bit lower. I maintained for years at 110, but before that I was under 105 for a long time. I'm noticing that the tubby belly is still there at 107, so officially dropping down to 105 as a goal, maybe even a lb or two lower. Hunger, you still in? Cause we're neck and neck!
kristip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:41 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/130

Lot of desk jobs here! Do any of you guys have a fitbit??

I've been low carbing for over a month and my weight loss has been painfully slow, despite my best efforts. Yesterday after lunch I had a caramel roll, first big cheat in weeks and then I just fasted through dinner to try and get back on track. This morning I'm actually down a half a pound! It seems like no matter how hard I try or what diet I try, I always end up coming back to Intermittent fasting. It just works for me.

Raisin5cookies - you must post a picture of this 'Abba-esque' costume!!
tonimaroni2 is offline   Reply With Quote