Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 11-02-2015, 04:35 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Maintainers Weekly Chat November 2 - November 8

I did, indeed, wear my old hat as my Halloween costume. One precocious 4 year old asked what I was. "A cowboy, but I don't have a horse." He immediately answered, "I'll buy you a horse; I've gots lots of money." His mother's eyeballs rolled, LOL.

Too much candy went down. I planned to have a few of the Hersey's micro-bars from our basket. Seemed to dip in with each group of kids coming by. Oh Well - that's over.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 06:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I didn't have Halloween this year - took a long walk with 3 dogs instead. I missed the decorating (which I fully admit is for me, rather than the kids ) but not the candy binge. Those little chocolate bars are very hard to resist Bill.

I am back from my dog sit and the work week looks like it's ramping up. Home today making turkey soup and waiting for my car to be fixed. This is kind of nice as we'll be away from the pets for a weekend 2 weeks from now so I'll get to spend some extra time with them now.

They can help me figure out my yearly expenses and budget for retirement. I've been putting this off for over a year so it's time to get it done and put some real numbers on it.

Good week all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

I have successfully avoided Halloween candy for at least 6 years running now-- maybe more. I laugh because I consider that a win, yet we were in Napa and I fully indulged so it's not like I was an angel!

Now it's back to reality. As usual, I need (want) to get several pounds off before the holidays hit.

I keep track of how many days I've been carb cycling in my planner. Today is day 365, so tomorrow begins year 2. I'm pretty sure I'm up a few pounds from when I began, but overall, I feel it's been successful for me to maintain, and lose when I am more focused.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 12:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I think I've mentioned that DH and I are going on a British Isles cruise in June of 2016. Well, the woman who organizes our Wine Women dinners just told me she is arranging a Bordeaux river cruise for July 2016 and wondered if I'd be interested. At first I said no because it'd be difficult to be away from the office for so long, but DH said, "why not?" So we might be doing two cruises next summer!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:07 PM   #5  
Workin' It

Ooo, two cruises next year would be awesome, Allison!

I had a little candy this weekend, about 350 calories worth. There is still a lot at my house, both from what we bought and what DSS collected. He already isn't a big candy eater, and when his tooth broke he ate even less than he normally would. I can stay away from his, because it is his, but the public bowl may have to go. LOL
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 03:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Does anyone give the leftover individually wrapped candy to the local food bank? Seems kinda weird probably but I think most of us forget that treats are welcome by everyone and the food banks seldom get them.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 03:28 PM   #7  
Workin' It

I've given candy to schools so the teachers can give it out for treats, but never to the food bank. I wonder if they would take it?
Old 11-06-2015, 10:58 AM   #8  
Workin' It

I killed the weekly chat.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:03 AM   #9  

Thread killer!
Old 11-06-2015, 11:46 AM   #10  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Giving candy to schools . . . why not? The kid will jump through hoops to get a piece.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 12:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

I know you can give the candy to the troops here-- suspect it's other places too.

The chat hasn't been too chatty lately. Just trying to get through Friday at this point. And avoid the birthday lunch celebration of different pastas!

I was very thirsty yesterday and drank tons of water, tea, etc. Thought I might see a whoosh, but instead up 1.5 pounds... maybe the fluid is still with me....

Dh leaves tomorrow for Japan and China. We are planning to go to our favorite sushi place, where I always overeat... so not expecting a great weigh in tomorrow. Hopefully will make the gym at least....
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 02:29 PM   #12  
Workin' It

I've gotten up every workday now for three weeks and exercised before work. I am SO not a morning person and hate getting up early, but I do like the way I feel from exercise done early. And, I have lots of time at the end of the day and don't feel as rushed. Grudging win win.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:46 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
I've gotten up every workday now for three weeks and exercised before work. I am SO not a morning person and hate getting up early, but I do like the way I feel from exercise done early. And, I have lots of time at the end of the day and don't feel as rushed. Grudging win win.
I know what you mean about how you feel getting it done and all but I'm STILL having the hardest time getting myself out of bed to do it! And my thoughts on doing it after work or before bed are just that--thoughts. I was SO good for about 6 or 7 weeks--every morning, 6 days a week, and I loved how it was shaping some of my muscles. And then. Nothing. I can't convince myself to fix it.

Weight, unchanged from yesterday. I know why, too. I was having some stomach issues most of the day and to combat it, I kept eating. And eating. And eating. At least I didn't gain.