Old 10-30-2015, 07:32 PM   #1  
Jean

S/C/G: 206/202/180

Height: 5'7

Default suggestions for an active OA online group?

Hi all,
I am disappointed to find that the local group has shut down. Now I need to find an online option. I've been surfing and searching. Can any of you give me a good online group that is active and supportive of newcomers?
jean1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 05:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 296

Height: 5'8"

Www.avision4you...info? .org? I can't remember but that should let you find them.

Good luck with you search.
blog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I found this, but haven't tried it out.

Jean, I'm interested to know if the local OA meetings have been helping you. I've read a lot about OA but am not a meeting type of person.

http://oa12step4coes.org/meetings.html

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 11-01-2015 at 10:31 AM.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 11:22 AM   #4  
Jean

Thanks for the links. I will try them out this week.

Carol, I haven't been to an in-person group because the one that fits into my schedule has a nonworking phone number. I think I would do well with in person but I think I could also do well with an online group. I just need to try them out.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Jean, yesterday, I logged into an online meeting on the link I gave you. It was interesting. It was done like a chat room, but it was well controlled. You had to indicate if you wanted to talk, then they allowed each person a few minutes. Mostly they were talking about the dangers of bingeing over the upcoming holidays. They have several "meetings" throughout the day. You don't have to join anything, just pick a name you want to use in the chat. It probably can be a different name each time. I just observed and didn't join it. I liked that it's not like a chat room where everyone is talking at once.

Here's a tip. If you want to talk, indicate with an * as soon as you sign in, to get yourself on the list.

I wish they had online meetings like that for WW and TOPS. I would really like that.

Good luck to you.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:06 PM   #6  
Jean

Thank you for all the details, Carol! Even online it is nice to have a very clear plan of how to join in. I'll report back soon.