Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-21-2015, 01:56 PM   #1  

Default Need Support

After a very stressful year of moving and settling into a new place I have found myself about 50 lbs overweight. I fell back into a pattern of getting takeout and eating not so healthy foods. Especially sugar......I LOVE LOVE LOVE sweets. I am a vegetarian. I was eating very healthy and had actually lost quite a bit of weight a few years ago. Due to the stress and not being able to cook/live as I normally did I packed it back on. I'm not feeling good about myself and need to get myself back to a happy place. I'm sick of clothes not fitting and always feeling uncomfortable in my own skin. I hate going to get togethers and seeing people I have not seen in a while.....I know they are thinking "she got fat". I take Krav Maga classes....they are pretty intense and even doing that I have managed to gain weight!!! I think I'm the only person to gain while everyone else loses.... I've always struggled with being on the chunky side.......I felt amazing when I was able to lose the weight and eat healthy. I have a special year birthday coming up in 2016 and hope to accomplish gettin back to my goal by then.
DragonFly17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 07:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Dragonfly! Yes, sugar cravings will control you. I LOVE sugar also, and I have to limit myself. We also have to watch white starchy foods that act just like sugar (white bread, white potatoes, white pasta, white rice) when it comes to how quickly they are processed in the body. They burn quickly and cause cravings that play havoc with one's body and weight! Just try to keep reminding yourself of how great you felt when your ate healthy and lost weight. You can do it! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote