Old 10-18-2015, 02:07 PM   #1  

Default Newbie and choosing your own food

I'm excited about starting the plan and am on Day 4. When do I get to choose my own food? Just started on Thursday and coach had my bag packed. I told him I was fussy and he told me I needed to try the foods before I reject them. I'm very open within my fussiness so I am willing to try most of the food choices. I just wasn't sure if it was ok to make my own selections as long as they are within the program guidelines. I can't find that information anywhere.

Guidance anyone? Referring me to an existing thread is good too. Thanks.
sadiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 02:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: too much/lighter/just right

I think every coach is different. I got to choose my own foods from day one. Plus my coach sells them individually so I don't get stuck with stuff I don't like. I wouldn't be crazy about the way your coach does it, but it is good advice to try everything at least once.
curliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 06:42 PM   #3  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

My coach did the same thing, but once he and I developed a rapport, I brought much of it back and swapped it for what I wanted/liked. He allows individual packet selections rather than boxes so that is most convenient. I am picky with the things I like too and wound up swapping much of what he provided in the beginner's bag.

In direct answer to your question, you can buy whatever you want whenever you want. It just boils down to expense. You supposedly were given a week or 2 weeks' worth of food at sign-up, but if you don't like it and therefore don't consume it, then it is would be less than the supposed duration. I would definitely recommend do not eat things you do not like as this is so low calorie, you need to ensure you enjoy what you are consuming to make it through the long haul.

So, insist on swapping if the items your coach included do not sound appetizing to you. I have even returned "free" things my coach gave me as I told him it simply does not sound like something I would like.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Depending on how long your weight loss journey is, you might be surprised by ending up liking things you weren't too crazy about at the beginning. Due to very low carbs, your taste for sweet things may change, although keep in mind if you do a bunch of sweets for your packet/meal replacement you will not be helping your body lessen its cravings for sugar. There's always the Recipe/packet hacking threads if you need some ideas about how to use up stuff you aren't fond of.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 10:42 AM   #5  
Mrinalini

I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to this. But I've lost a good 3-4 pounds a week, and the past two weeks for some reason my fat burning has decreased and I've started burning muscle. Its difficult cause im vegetarian but I used to have 4 whole eggs and 2 egg whites (or 6 tablespoons of egg whites). I changed it to 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites so maybe thatll help. My coach says its cause of protein or something, honestly she was pretty stumped too. I havent cheated or anything!
mrinaliniv92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 03:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinaliniv92 View Post
I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to this. But I've lost a good 3-4 pounds a week, and the past two weeks for some reason my fat burning has decreased and I've started burning muscle. Its difficult cause im vegetarian but I used to have 4 whole eggs and 2 egg whites (or 6 tablespoons of egg whites). I changed it to 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites so maybe thatll help. My coach says its cause of protein or something, honestly she was pretty stumped too. I havent cheated or anything!
Where do you get the idea you are burning muscle? Is it the BF% measuring device they use? They are notoriously unreliable and the non-fat % is actually not just muscle but EVERYTHING that is not fat such as stomach contents, bowel contents, water, bone mass, visceral tissue etc. It is more likely that you have dropped some retained water and not muscle. Don't fret and if you can, educate your coach, lol. As a vegetarian you may do better with adding in low fat dairy for some of your proteins (a sort of modified Alternative Protocol P1). You can also use seitan or Quorn. They are both lower in carbs and high in protein. Try a vegetarian search on the IP threads here.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote