South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 06:50 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Welcome Wednesday - October 14

Good morning.

When we have a Monday holiday, Wednesday always seems too soon but I think I'm in sync today - probably from treating Monday as a normal day and getting lots of odds and sods done.

Wonder of wonders, Paul and a mechanic friend showed around 8 last night and fixed my propane generator! Now I have to remember to run it for an hour every month to keep the battery charged. It also means heat and light when the power goes out which has happened three times in the past month!

Today I need to fix a screw up with the school Fair prize envelopes. One school admin emailed me that their envelopes were empty. I have no idea how that happened. Maybe I sealed empty envelopes? I see a trip to the bank for bills and loons and toons coming up today.

I also need to prep for the Fall Festival "de-briefing" tomorrow. Folk still have not submitted their expenses so ... "shrug:

Have a great Hump Day!
Old 10-14-2015, 07:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth, glad you got the generator fixed! Unfortunately, we're getting into that time of the year that you might need it. Speaking of which, we keep talking of getting one, and haven't...

Today I have a bible study, and then meet my office manager afterwards. I can say now that since I've talked to my boss, that my surgeon has recommended me taking another year off, which of course means I have lost my job. I knew it was coming, but still a hard pill to swallow. For those of you on here long enough, you'll remember me writing how I just did my morning 3 or 4 mile run, or just went running in the mountains. I am hoping my time off allows for some healing!

That will be enough after those two meetings, then I need to take care of family stuff. Woot woot!
Old 10-14-2015, 07:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sounds like another busy day ahead, Ruth. I'm so glad Paul finally fixed the generator. We keep talking about getting one, but that's as far as it went.

Tammy, In another year or so, hopefully you'll be able to ease back into your old groove again.

Jake got into the mood for turkey, so I pulled one out of the freezer and have it defrosting in the fridge for dinner this Sunday. He asked for all the trimming with it, too. I'm tempted to have all the family over for an early Thanksgiving since we'll be scattered near and far for the actual holiday. I'm still entertaining the thought of flying to Chicago to visit my DD over the holidays, but so far it's just in the thinking stage.

I'm hoping today stays dry so the girls can ride after school, and I can skip out early to get home and pick more peppers. They're calling for a killing frost this weekend, so this will probably be the last of them.

OK, I'd better decide what's for breakfast and get ready for the day!
Old 10-14-2015, 08:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning chicks it is certainly another beauty of a day.

Ruth having a working generator gives peace of mind. Write it on your calendar.

Tammy I am sorry you are still unable to be as physically active as before. You have been making improvements so maybe more time off is what you need. Hopefully your job will be available when you are able to return.

Linda time goes so quickly. Have Thanksgiving dinner this weekend

As for me went to the walk in clinic. My new dr is part of a large group. They offer no appointment walk in service 7 days per week. Just no guarantee of who you will see. I was in and out in less than 5 minutes. The NP thinks it's viral, but gave me an antibiotic but told me to hold off taking it. She said give it 7-10 days to feel better. But if I felt worse or the same in a few days start the antibiotics. I decided to start them anyway and I do feel much better.

Nothing new or exciting here and that's fine by me Have a great day!
Old 10-14-2015, 10:20 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is a beautiful crisp morning, a tad chilly in the house but it will warm up so still no heater on, I will have to break down and turn it on for the very cool mornings but hate that first turn on smell of the furnace.

Today is wfh home and have lots of reports to run. Tonight DD2 has art class. I did have non scale victory last night- family wanted chinese food so I did order for them and picked up on the way home but I did not eat any just made my op food and ate it and was fine

Ruth glad do hear your generator has been fixed.

Tywnn sorry to hear you need another year but hopefully you will make leaps and bounds in recovery and then a door will open with another position for you.

Cottage hope you get an early day today, that's nice of you to make your DH turkey

Jekel glad you are starting to feel better

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-14-2015, 11:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 218/194/175

Good morning, everyone! all your talk of needing generators prepped and the coming hard freeze have me yearning. We have moved to the northeast corner of Texas, so we get more noticeable seasons now, but we're still looking at a high of 94 today.

The kiddos and I have been up since before 7, but this is the first time I've been able to sit down since then, and now only because the baby needs to nurse. Since last Thursday, we've all passed around a stomach bug. DH was the last to get it, and he's back at work now, so today we're tackling Mount Saint laundry. Tonight I also work in our church's nursery while DD is at Awanas, so both kiddos need baths, DD and I need to go over her Awanas homework and Bible verse, and I need to pack dinners for us all since we have to get there so early. There's never enough day to get the job done, but that's the way it is for everyone, isn't it?

Yesterday was my first full day at work in a long time without buying a soda and candy bar at nap time. It turns out I was so busy I didn't miss either. If my weight as of this morning holds, I will have officially lost 25 pounds since I hit my pre-pregnancy weight in June. And, just another three pounds or so until I hit my lowest weight since before DD was born! I am so excited about the coming milestones!

Tammy, sounds like you have had a rough go of it, physically. Sending hugs and I am thinking of you.

Well, DS is asleep, so it's time to attempt the tricky lap to crib transfer. I am so glad to be back here and feel so supported and comfortable and sharing. I hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by KimStar1of4; 10-14-2015 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Add content
Old 10-14-2015, 05:44 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening, chicks. Somehow I don't get in here before work on many mornings....

Ruth, I'm with Tammy and Linda, we have discussed if we should get a generator but never have followed through. Glad yours is tuned up and ready to go.

Tammy, your news is bittersweet; hopefully you will finally have time to heal properly, but I know it must be tough to say good-bye to the job for now. Hugs.

Jennifer, hope you feel better soon.

Pearl, we had cold, rainy gray this morning. And I hate how dark it is when I go to work right now! We will get a bit of a reprieve when we set the clocks back, but it's that time of year.

Kim, kudos on not giving in to your habit yesterday; your day sounds busy but it sounds like you have a plan.

Have a good evening, chicks.
Closed Thread