Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-18-2015, 11:50 AM   #1  

Height: 5'10"

Default daily meals feedback, please

i posted this under another section, 420 seen it, but nobody could give me anything? not sure where to post stuff here anymore...

i just wanted to see what everyone else thinks about what i use everyday...

Breakfast: these are different things i use, not all at once... Fruit Smoothie, Egg Whites and Salsa, bowl of Cheerios

Lunch: deli meant wrap, that include 2 slices of ham or turkey and one slice of cheese, 2 spoon fulls of cottage cheese and 1 pickle

Dinner: either chicken, beef or pork, small portion, half of a potato and a large helping of veggies...

snacks i still struggle with, i do eat fruit, pb/celery or a granola bar

i do have a decent size bowl of ice cream for desert, not huge, but not tiny either...
Carbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW 233/SW 230/207/165

Height: 5'3"

Looks good if those veggies are not the really starchy kind, like corn. Snacks look good, too. And if you have allowed your daily calories to include your ice cream, without going over, you should be right on the mark!
katiam247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/183/125

Height: 5'4"

I think this is pretty reasonable.

Protein is really important for weight loss and building muscle and you may not have much when you have Cheerios or the smoothie. Maybe you could add powder to the smoothie? Maybe you already do!

I'd have to cut out the ice cream, lactose is not my friend.

Do you use a calorie counter to track calories or macros?

Last edited by Aileen; 09-18-2015 at 12:23 PM.
Aileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

If it's working for you, it's fine.
Personally, I would eat the whole egg, try to get off the deli meat (lots of salt), try nuts as a snack and sometimes switch frozen banana "ice cream" for the real stuff.
Yay Upstate NY
fadedbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 02:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 167.6/159.2/140

Height: 5ft7

Hi Carbie I think this looks really good! Would agree with the comment about Cheerios though, there is hardly any protein in that at all, same with the fruit smoothie they are essentially just carbs and sugar! I have cereal with total yoghurt for breakfast (can sweeten with Stevia if you like but I have got used to it plain!) as it has loooads of protein in and then you still get the crunch of the cereal!

Lunch looks really good and then the only thing I can suggest with dinner, if you aren't doing it already is substitute a normal potato for a sweet potato! Other than that I think you are doing great! You don't mention drinks but I also tend to drink lots of green tea and sparkling water which makes things a bit more interesting than just drinking still water all the time and saves on liquid cals!
emski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 03:50 PM   #6  

thanks for all the feedback gang, i do appreciate it, as for drinks, its usually just water, water, water... i bought a purifier so i can have lots of clean drinking water, i try to get a gallon a day... for my smoothies i should have mentioned it, i use frozen fruit, greek yogurt and orange juice, so i do get the protein from that... the egg whites i buy in a quart, kinda expensive, so you really think regular eggs would be better? i know the deli meat is a killer, but i do try to get the low sodium variety... it keeps me full for the most part and i snack rarely... anywho, thanks again, you guys are super cool... it helps that i can come somewhere with my issues where others can relate, glad you're all here...

Last edited by Carbie; 09-18-2015 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

If you Ike the food you're eating then you don't need anyone's approval, we all know how hard it is to stick to a healthy meal plan so you gotta do what you gotta do to stay on track and if that means a bowl of ice cream every day then enjoy it and ditch the guilt!

As for the eggs - the yolk is full of nutrients, important nutrients! And fat but you gotta have some fat in order to feel full for a while. I personally try to squeeze in veggies everywhere so I have peppers and mushrooms or spinach with my eggs.

My smoothies are not meal replacements so I don't bother with adding protein to them, for me they're just a quick inhalation of veggies and fruits. I just put bananas and parsley or strawberries with spinach or, and flax seeds. I use ice water, not milk but you could try coconut water.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 04:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

I agree on whole eggs, the whole eggs keep me fuller longer. One thing I'd caution on is the granola bar, those stinkers can add up on either carbs or in calories. Also watch the amount of sugars in your smoothies from fruit or fruit juices. If you aren't seeing the scale move much these might be areas to look at and see if there are other things to add in for your smoothie. Good luck!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 03:04 PM   #9  

glad you guys/gals are here for feedback... im just overwhelmed when it comes to meal planning and mentally exhausted... i just like what im doing and if that doesnt work, then i guess im a failure in the end... i cant sit here and drink a glass of water for my meals 3 times a day... im not going to cut out sugar because everyone says so... ive just about had it with, dont do this, over and over and over and over... let me die my own way?
Old 09-19-2015, 04:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW 233/SW 230/207/165

Height: 5'3"

Carbie, ever been on a road trip and made a wrong turn? You figure out you are not where you want to be, so you assess the situation and make corrections to get back on the path to where you are headed. Dieting is a lot like that. It is a plan based on trial and error. You try something for a while, and if it's not producing desired results, you make changes. What you are doing, which is GREAT by the way, is asking advice for the changes. You can take the advice, but you don't have to take ALL the advice. Pick out something you think you can do and try it. If it helps you - GREAT! If not, then try another suggestion. This journey is not all black and white. There is a little gray mixed in because we all are different and different things work for different people. My opinion, I think you are incorporating some great changes! Just keep moving forward. You will figure it out. Doesn't have to be a set time limit. You have the rest of your life to get it done, right?
katiam247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 05:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbie View Post
glad you guys/gals are here for feedback... im just overwhelmed when it comes to meal planning and mentally exhausted... i just like what im doing and if that doesnt work, then i guess im a failure in the end... i cant sit here and drink a glass of water for my meals 3 times a day... im not going to cut out sugar because everyone says so... ive just about had it with, dont do this, over and over and over and over... let me die my own way?
When people get sick of the dieting game they turn to Intuitive Eating. It's worked great for many of us and the best thing is nobody tells you what you should and shouldn't be eating!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 11:48 AM   #12  

Intuitive Eating... this utterly makes no sense to me what so ever... i googled it and the information just makes me even more angrier... im tired of breaking my back exercising 6 days a week for absolutely nothing... im tired of starving myself... im tired of making changes that DONT work...
Old 09-23-2015, 12:46 PM   #13  
It is what it is...

I have insulin issues and my weight won't budge unless I cut out the carbs ...well lower carb, not Atkins low carb ...I lose really easily when I cut out the sugar, but it's not for everyone ...like all have said you need to just do what's right for you, what you are able to stick with long term ...for me that's higher protein and low sugar ...good luck Carbie

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 07:39 PM   #14  

nothing works, that's it, period end of story... now off to eat myself into oblivion...
Old 09-23-2015, 08:22 PM   #15  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
nothing works, that's it, period end of story... now off to eat myself into oblivion...
Jesus Christ (the Pope is here after all).

Ditch the fruit smoothie and the cheerios. Eggs for breakfast, no bread. Do the eggs however you like - not just the whites, all of the egg. As many as you like. Keep the salsa if that is your thing. I used to eat it on my diet. I now dance it.

Breakfast: these are different things i use, not all at once... Fruit Smoothie, Egg Whites and Salsa, bowl of Cheerios

Eat the turkey and the ham and the cheese and the pickle but ditch the wrap (tortilla). Or eat some other lean protein, like fish.

Lunch: deli meant wrap, that include 2 slices of ham or turkey and one slice of cheese, 2 spoon fulls of cottage cheese and 1 pickle

Ditch the potato and stay lean on the protein. Chicken, steak or fish (not fried) with lots of boiled or steamed veggies.

Dinner: either chicken, beef or pork, small portion, half of a potato and a large helping of veggies...

Ditch the frickin' snacks!
snacks i still struggle with, i do eat fruit, pb/celery or a granola bar

And cut the icecream. This isn't a kids party! It's a weightloss diet. Eat some dried fruit (dates, apricots, prunes, figs) or nuts (walnuts, almonds) instead or just don't do dessert. Or try a glass of red wine.
i do have a decent size bowl of ice cream for desert, not huge, but not tiny either...

Try that and tell me it does not work before you eat into oblivion.

Last edited by IanG; 09-23-2015 at 08:32 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote