Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-14-2015, 09:58 PM   #1  

Height: 5'10"

Default cant stop

what is wrong with my stupid brain? all day long, i cant stop eating, food after food after food... im tired of eating... im about to throw it all away and starve myself to death...
Carbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

It happens to all of us at times. Just try to start again tomorrow, and do not beat yourself up. Weight loss is really tough, and these patterns we have been in are very hard to break.
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:13 PM   #3  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

You do NOT have to do it all at once.

Pick one little thing, 2 less chips, walk one block, make your bed, whatever.

It's a life style! It is much easier to do small things, in small doses. Celebrate, the little things, the big ones will follow.

So, tomorrow, one little food thing! One less chip, one less cookie, whatever!

Then, pick a non scale, food, exercise, thing that you would like to tackle. Dump the trash, make the bed, wash a window, file your mail, call your Mom, paint you nails, whatever.

Celebrate the positive!

The more you celebrate the small positive things, the more the BIG negative things will fade away.

It takes time. Old habits die hard. I know!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

I agree with knockin' off the low hanging fruit of small things here and there each day. If you find you are wanting to eat all the time, grab a cold glass of water and drink that instead. I have read that when we endlessly want to eat it may really be a sign we are thirsty. With drinking the water, I am finding that slows me down from wanting the food. I know how those endless gnoshing times can hit you and it's harder then heck to ignore. Just try each day is all you can do, even if you stop one thing from being eaten you are doing better. Good luck!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 10:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: HW 233/SW 230/207/165

Height: 5'3"

My advice is, YES, toss out all the food that is processed, high fat, high sugar, and high calorie. Make a list of fresh, low calorie food and grocery shop. You can gorge out on veggies and proteins. I like to keep thin sliced lunch meats like Buddig ham, turkey, etc and low fat cheese slices to make rollups. Include in some legumes/beans in your meals to help keep you full for a bit afterwards. Popcorn (94% fat free) is great because you can eat a whole microwave bag and still have a lowered amount of calories. I love celery with natural peanut butter. I, also, like to make kale chips - roasted kale that will take the place of potato chips - crunchy and a bit salty. Just google the recipe. I never liked kale, but these things are good! Salad veggies cut up and dipped in low fat ranch dressing are another good snack. Sugar free jello with sugar free Cool Whip is yummy in my book.

I guess what I am suggesting is have good stuff on hand when that urge comes to graze and remove all the diet-busting stuff from your pantry.
katiam247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 11:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

In addition to all the good points above, I would also advise finding something else to do with your hands, like a craft of some sort. It's pretty hard to eat when your hands are busy, it gives your brain something else to do besides thinking of food and you'll end up with something useful or beautiful or both.
fadedbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 02:19 PM   #7  

Height: 5'10"

i do appreciate the advice, i just need to settle down and reboot... im just going through a real tough time right now, so my depression is at a all time high. i havent stopped exercising at all, im on a 90 day workout program and i plan on finishing it... when im sad, i eat for comfort, since i dont drink or use drugs... i substitute... i just need more healthy options...
Carbie is offline   Reply With Quote