Old 09-13-2015, 12:40 AM   #1  

Default New to the 3 fat chicks site

Hello everyone! I am new to the site, not very good at using programs with postings and things like that so I'm hoping I don't mess up what I'm trying to become a part of!!
Depression is my weight gain, my weight gain causes my stress, the stress causes me to eat, eating causes weight gain and the cycle continues! Anyone know what I'm talking about? or how I'm feeling?
Pumpkin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 02:03 AM   #2  
Because I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 365/356/145

Height: 5'6

Welcome Pumpkin!

I can definitely relate to depression and emotional eating. I get so upset with myself for as much as I've gained (especially when seeing the mirror or pictures) and my first instinct is to eat. It's a hard cycle to break. I've just been trying to stay as positive as possible, and staying BUSY so I'm not always in the kitchen scoping out for snacks.

Have you considered antidepressants or talking to someone? Exercise is also a great way to feel better.
Twohundred2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 04:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 234.5/224/155(135 dream goal)

Height: 5 6

I think eating for the wrong reasons is why most if not all of us got to be where we hate being.
in the past (and I know others can relate) there is ONLY one thing that has ever worked for me - which is, making eating healthy in the right portions a serious and conscious priority and planning ahead to ensure that I had all the meals for the next day.

no matter what plan you are on and so on, the great positive things are this:

1. at a high weight level, it doesn't take long to start seeing the pounds drop which can be encouraging

2. seeing progress and seeing that you CAN be in control definitely helps combat depression and leads to a positive mentality

3. even just a few days of eating healthy, you already feels WORLDS better

4. you lose most of your weight in the beginning, which is a good thing, cause I'd rather accelerate shedding a big amount and slow down later than wait forever to lose a single pound a week when you are at an all time high

5. It CAN be done. Unlike breaking your leg off and never being able to grow a new one, gaining a huge amount of weight is thankfully reversible.

The road isn't easy, but its doable. And this is one of the best forums online for the support one needs to do it.
facingfacts12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 07:26 PM   #4  

I have been on antidepressants and anxiety meds and have been seeing a therapist! I will see my Dr. on Wednesday and we will discuss, once again, a change in meds, whether its adding more, higher dosage, trying new ones, whatever it takes to get me to feel almost normal. The person I'm seeing is a therapist and I will be switching to a psychiatrist or psychologist.

As for eating healthy, I have so many texture issues, taste issues, insecurities about trying new foods, and the list goes on and on. I don't know how to cook. I feel I am addicted to sugar, and according to the book I read, I am addicted to sugar. In my head, I know I need to figure out how to eat healthier. That's why I need to change who I am receiving help from.

There are many people I know of that are healthy, happy and overweight. They accept who they are and still take care of themselves, are beautiful on the inside and the outside. I am usually beautiful on the inside but really fail when it comes to feeling or acting beautiful on the outside. I am positive and do not judge others, just myself.

Finding this site and reading all the positive messages and getting advice I know will put me on the right path to a better outlook and a healthier me!
Old 09-14-2015, 08:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 299/263/150

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome Pumpkin12! Weight has been a life long struggle for me and always will be, no matter how much I lose. I have realized that you have to be truly ready in order to make it work. I don't think success will come if you are trying to lose because your doctor thinks you should or to please someone else. Not that you're in that category, but you really do have to want it. I have also learned to embrace the weight fluctuations and plateaus. When I was in the 280s it seemed like i bounced from 281-284 for weeks. I stuck with my plan and got beyond that plateau. I just recovered this weekend from a 3lb gain and lost it again. For me, it's about recognizing that I can only lose one pound at a time, and any pound lost is better than a pound gained. I've lost about 26lbs since the end of June and I know if I continue to put forth the effort, I will be rewarded with more loss. Best of luck to you.
gagirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:58 PM   #6  

Thank you for the positive word of advice! I do not want to lose weight for anyone except me! I know that I am important, cared for and loved! I just need advice and conversation to know that I'm not alone and others have done what I want and need to do for me! Thank you all for whatever advice or peace of mind anyone can give me!
Old 09-18-2015, 09:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome Pumpkin! One thing I have found helps me when I am blue is to take a walk or move my body in some way - even if it's dancing around my house. You'd be surprised (and happy) when you are done how you feel. You smile a bit more, you don't want to eat to make the sad go away and you have a bit more energy. The circle you feel caught in can be stopped with small steps, and it sounds like you want to make things better for yourself. You can do this! There will be hiccups along the way, but if you want to get rid of whats hanging on, you just keep at. Go Pumpkin GO! You can do this too!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 11:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome Pumpkin you are not alone in your struggles! I have struggled with weight and depression most of my life. It can be a very vicious circle.

One of the things that my current program did was a Detox in the beginning. There are no sugars, artificial sweeteners or processed foods allowed. It has really made a difference in how I feel. I am not hungry between meals and do not crave things. I really think the detox has been a huge portion of my dieting success.

Exercise is another big help in coping with, if not eliminating depression. Start small, just do what you can handle. Maybe a walk around the block, or even to the end of the driveway. ANY exercise you do is more than if just sat on the couch thinking about it. Try to do someting everyday. Also try to increase what you do either in distance or intensity at lkittle bit every week or so. You will be surprised how much better you feel.

Good Luck! This is a great place to get advice, make friends and vent!
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 01:40 AM   #9  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Pumpkin12! I wish you all the best with your goals.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:49 PM   #10  

Thank you, all who struggle and are willing to share and give advice! Although I feel very confused most of the time about what to do, it is awesome for me to be able to "talk" to others who won't judge me or make "decisions" for me! I am trying to get motivated, to make better choices! I think I can do this with the help of all who struggle! and even those who don't struggle!
Old 09-24-2015, 08:11 PM   #11  

Hey Ms. Kate B, how do you detox? I really am new to weight loss in general! Especially if it is natural and not using pills! I have tried lots of pills that have not worked so I really need to start from the beginning!!
Old 09-28-2015, 10:41 AM   #12  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, Pumpkin12! I've been here FOREVER, and it's always nice to see new faces join our board.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote