Old 09-09-2015, 01:27 PM   #1  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Fabulous at Fifty+...A Home for those of us 50 and older on IP! Volume 14

Time for a new thread! The previous one has 500 posts. Wow!

I remember Volume 1 of this thread. Honors to Dana here, wherever you are!

Here's the link to the previous thread.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...lume-13-a.html

Have a wonderful IP day, everyone!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 06:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi all, thanks for starting the new thread Joysh! Still hangin in there, life is CRAAAAZY right now. But I am pleased to say that I am still under 140 lbs (not where I need to be but I haven't gained much in the past couple months) likely due to still having to eat GF anyhow - that keeps me away from a lot of extra carbs. My issue is definitely just too much higher calorie food - lots of pepperoni & cheese, lol. Went to an awesome family wedding in Creston BC (350 guests and everyone contributed their best home made food, and you know what that's like - there was actually a Rubbermaid tote full of potato salad - 50 lbs bag worth of potatoes!!!) I brought meatballs & 2 kinds of sauce but didn't even get a chance to taste them as they were long gone before it was our table's turn at the buffet. Good thing, I guess.
Not wearing my favorite clothes but at least I haven't had to go out and shop for anything larger as I have a few things that still work. Just gotta smarten up (& I have... but it takes a while).

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:39 AM   #3  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVChris View Post
rainbowsmiles How do I get a logon to the Ideal coaching at MyIdealProtein.com? My center doesn't seem to know anything about it. Sounds like I have some missing links that need to be found.
my coach enrolled me and sent me my sign in information via an email. i would ask your coach again or maybe contact the ideal protein representative in your area. you can go to idealprotein.com and submit a question in the contact area.

sorry, that is all i know
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:42 PM   #4  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

YAY FOR ME!! It's been a long time coming, but I hit the 50 lbs lost mark today!

And Frawnie - yes, making the pancakes with the egg whites and baking powder is the way to go! Feels so decadent! Thank you for sharing!
3sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/236/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
my coach enrolled me and sent me my sign in information via an email. i would ask your coach again or maybe contact the ideal protein representative in your area. you can go to idealprotein.com and submit a question in the contact area.

sorry, that is all i know
Thanks. I will check again
TVChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 08:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
YAY FOR ME!! It's been a long time coming, but I hit the 50 lbs lost mark today!

50 lb is quite an accomplishment, you must be dancing all around the house!!
It's such a BIG number isn't it? I remember when I started, I thought trying to lose 50 lb was going to be impossible
(I'm not there yet, but well on the way, can hardly wait...).

So proud of you, so happy for you
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Quote:

And Frawnie - yes, making the pancakes with the egg whites and baking powder is the way to go! Feels so decadent! Thank you for sharing!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! Awesome job!!
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 03:49 PM   #8  
Started IP 6/14/12

Quote:
Congrats, 3sisters! What a great milestone! Great accomplishment!

Old 09-11-2015, 08:58 PM   #9  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVChris View Post
Does anyone know about the STARBUCKs drink that was posted somewhere recently. It had something to do with Starbucks mixed with a chocolate drink mix to make a "frappacino"??? I can't find where I saw the suggestion now. Sure sounded good though! Just don't know what I'm mixing...
I get the "Iced Venti Doppio" it is 2 shots espresso over ice in a tall cup, large enough to add the Ideal Protein Vanilla Ready Made Drink. It is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Feels like a cheat!! At my Starbucks it cost 2.15. Hope that helps.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:15 PM   #10  
Started IP 6/14/12

Sounds yummy, Rainbow!

Good morning, everyone! Just checking in. It's a Saturday morning! Yay!

I'm getting ready to drive into Houston for the weekend. I'll see the 4-yr old twin granddaughters tonight! Being with them is pure joy! Also my ailing MIL this weekend. My daughter from upstate NY is also coming in, so it will be wonderful to see her.

I'm bringing my "Food Kit" with me. My Nashua package came yesterday, thank goodness! I'm well supplied.

Slightly upset at myself this morning when I packed and had to get out some of the "next size up" clothes to bring. This is ridiculous! The scale is going down, but it has slowed, as it does after after 1. Ah well. I'm going to stick this out and before I know it I'll be back in the clothes that I want to wear.

Have a great weekend!
Old 09-12-2015, 12:47 PM   #11  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Sounds yummy, Rainbow!

Good morning, everyone! Just checking in. It's a Saturday morning! Yay!

I'm getting ready to drive into Houston for the weekend. I'll see the 4-yr old twin granddaughters tonight! Being with them is pure joy! Also my ailing MIL this weekend. My daughter from upstate NY is also coming in, so it will be wonderful to see her.

I'm bringing my "Food Kit" with me. My Nashua package came yesterday, thank goodness! I'm well supplied.

Slightly upset at myself this morning when I packed and had to get out some of the "next size up" clothes to bring. This is ridiculous! The scale is going down, but it has slowed, as it does after after 1. Ah well. I'm going to stick this out and before I know it I'll be back in the clothes that I want to wear.

Have a great weekend!
have a safe trip!!! just keep doing what you know how to do because you know in the end, those lovely smaller size clothes will be such a "fitting" reward!! YOU GOT THIS!!!
Old 09-13-2015, 06:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Default Greetings.... again

Hello everyone. I have been here before, well here (on 3fc ip), but not on this board. I am now "officially" able to post on the Fab 50 board. I originally discovered IP in 2012 and had done relatively well with it, until about a year ago.
Well, it's time to dust myself off and get back on that horse! I have a step-daughter getting married next June and my daughter the following July and I want to look good at those weddings - dammit!
Sooo here I go again.

Rainbow... hello again old friend. I can't even tell you how many of your recipes are printed in my recipe box! It's so nice to see a face I remember.

Johsh - I remember you too. You were just comin' around when I was phasing out.
Dakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:38 PM   #13  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Joysh - hope you have a terrific time with your family!

Thanks for all of the support and excitement over my indulgent self-congratulation for getting to the 50lb mark. LOL!

I do have to share a new NSV though! I had to make a run to the department store today for some bedding. Getting dressed, I put on a pair of capri's that I'd purchased awhile back, but never have worn because they were too small for me at the time. Hmmm....they were a little loose! At the store I decided to try on some new work clothes - I've been wearing the same things over and over and they are getting a bit baggy. To my utter AMAZEMENT I found I was fitting into SIZE 10!!! And not just 'fitting into' them, but they fit comfortably, not tight, no strained buttons or zippers, no muffin top, and the real test - not made of stretchy material! They fit me as if I really was a size 10!! LOL!! This sounds so crazy - but mixed with the excitement was a very distinct feeling of anxiety! It felt kind of scary, suddenly realizing I am in a size 10! Not sure what that is all about! I suspect this feeling isn't all that unusual, but it took me by surprise.

PS - I just started reading, and will probably find the answer in, the book "Refuse to Regain" - Dr Barbara Berkeley - which was recommended by Amber (Grateful4Health) on the Maintainers' thread. I am finding it FULL of great science, information and advice. I would also recommend it for everyone! And I would recommend starting it NOW, whatever phase of IP you are in. Don't wait for Maintenance!
3sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:38 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

3sisters - great NSV
Those unexpected ones that take you by surprise are exciting!

Thanks for the recommendation on that book, the closer I get to goal (even tho still a long way)..the more I am starting to worry about life after.
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 01:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies!

Just chiming in. Going to get Refuse to Regain as well since I am up 8 lbs from my happy place. Several false starts on P1 since the beginning of Sept. but now at it for good.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote