South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 06:51 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Tuesday South Beach Chat, August 25

Good morning!

Coffee is on that's about all I can say! Early work day although I'm sure I will have to sit in the car and wait for the boss. We are short staffed and he's been working lots. Looks like a beautiful day here. We are getting a lot of smoke from the western fires. At times you can even smell it. I don't think we have any fires in Colorado. It's been a pretty wet year.

Stop and chat! I will read when I get home today! Have a great one!
Old 08-25-2015, 06:52 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Totally Tuesday- Daily chat Aug 25

I'm up and I've got coffee! Anyone else ready?
Old 08-25-2015, 07:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm up, but starting off my day with a headache. Hoping coffee helps!
Old 08-25-2015, 07:09 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Debbie! I see a merge just occurred. Did you feel it?

I didn't get anything much done yesterday except groceries and an evening walk. The days are sure getting shorter and cooler. I guess I needed a slow day after the hike on Sunday. Today I need to make an inspection appointment for our old van, then we are going to see DS1 for a short visit. He didn't come home this summer because of his internship.

Now maybe I'm the only chick who doesn't already do this, but I've recently read about using yogurt in baking. I was interested in trying it but wasn't exactly sure how. However, this week I bought a new brand of yogurt and there was a chart right on the container!

https://www.cabotcheese.coop/filebin...tion_guide.jpg

Looking forward to experimenting with this.

Debbie, hope you don't have to wait too long for your boss. Have a good day at work.
Linda, hope the headache goes away soon. Perhaps coffee is the answer.

Have a great day, chicks!
Old 08-25-2015, 07:14 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Looks to be another beautiful day again. DD2 has a soccer game this evening so I will go to that as soon as I get home from work. Today is another in office day more meetings.

Debbie hope you don't have to wait to long and your day goes by quickly

Beth enjoy your visit with DS1

Cottage hope your headache goes away soon.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-25-2015, 07:15 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! Early chicks! I just merged you two and hope I didn't spill the coffee in the process.

Yesterday was supposed to be clear and sunny but somebody goofed. We had very heavy rain most of the day. I did go to town in sunshine and got ink cartridges and a few other office goodies but then got drenched going back to the car. Everyone was saying "Where did that come from?" as it was supposed to be sunny all day. I did get a few groceries, did the bank run and returned the bread boxes before coming home and drying out.

Millie goes for a Lepto booster this morning. I thought it was for 9:30 but just checked and it's for 8:30. Good thing I checked.

Not sure what the rest of the day will bring but am hoping to do some "pre-cleaning woman day" tidying. My friend Heather has her in-laws staying with her this week and is going nuts trying to entertain them. She and Steve are going to come over tomorrow late afternoon and bring along Doreen and Herb for a glass of wine - NOT for dinner. I'll have to do some minor stuff today since I do Pet Therapy until 3 tomorrow afternoon.

Time to hit the shower and crank up the day.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning chicks I stopped by before, but wasn't motivated to start the daily chat. Guess I really needed my coffee to kick in. I'll be going in early today, shocker, for a training class. We have inflatable tents which will be used during major incidents. They are great for staging victims, temporary command post, warming / cooling center for first responders. They are "supposed" to be very easy to use. I just hope they are not too heavy to move since I am transporting one to Jamaica afterwards. Got most of my niggles done and not much downtime during my days off except for 1 nap.

I did decide to let my hair go natural. So right now it is a cross mess of curls and straight. My son asked me what I did to my hair yesterday. My reply was nothing. He laughed and said it looked it....can't be made because it is true, just to the point of not caring to spend hours dealing with it. Now to make it presentable for work. Maybe I will actually wear my uniform hat lol

Debbie I hope you didn't wait long for your boss.

Linda hopefully the caffeine will help your headache

Beth I will check out the link. I've never cooked with yogurt either. Have fun visiting DS1

Pearlrose hope they get the soccer game in. We are expecting rain (finally)

Ruth hope the vet visit goes well for Millie. That reminds me, my two still haven't moved from their bed. I like when they let me have 2 cups of coffee!!

Enjoy your day.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:48 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Sitting in the car with the heat on waiting for the boss LOL

Linda, I hope your headache passes soon!

Ruth, good thing you checked your calendar. At least you'll be done an hour earlier.

Jennifer, I got a real chuckle out of your hair story. I can't wear a hat because once I take it off my top is off flat and weird. Have a fun tent day

Pearlrose, it looks like you'll be spending a lot of time at soccer games! I'm glad it's a nice weather day for it!

Yes, I have used yogurt in my baking for quite a while and it seems to work just great. I haven't read the article but what I have always done is substituted for most of the oil. I use my measuring cup and put the yogurt in keeping it a little low and then fill the rest with oil. I find I'm able to cut out the majority of the fat and most of my recipes.

I guess I will send this off. He's got to come sometime! We're at 10 minutes until opening. I wish they would give me a key! LOL

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-25-2015 at 07:50 AM.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Jennifer - Seems that the older I get the less I care how my hair looks! Maybe I just gave up

I have a cleaning at the dentist's today and I am anticipating pain and bad news because a crown has been sensitive when I brush. My mom returns later; I think I'll call her husband and offer to pick her up at the airport since I know she doesn't like him driving. Just wish she wasn't arriving during rush hour.

Have a great day.
Closed Thread