Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 02:31 PM   #1  

Default Jolly's challenge and motivation #2

Hello friends old and new. We are restarting and combining threads. All voices welcome. Anyone who wants to discuss motivational issues, self esteem issues (like any of us have THOSE!) and set realistic long and short term goals for ourselves.

I have been sick, and busy with work and getting ready for a horse show. I am going to set 3 goals.

1. Exercise at least 5 times next week.
2. Not eat out next week.
3. (LTG) Reach 249 by the end of September.

TTFN. Hope to here from you all.
Old 08-13-2003, 04:09 PM   #2  
Student of the Hoof

Wow Jolly! Very catchy new name.

Alrighty, here I am. I'm doing pretty good on food and water, but I need to really refocus on working out. So...

My goal is to do pilates three times a week for the next 4 weeks.
Old 08-14-2003, 08:54 AM   #3  
Student of the Hoof

Good morning - if anyone is out there!

I know Tracy is down with a worm, Jolly is out for the weekend, Chach is on vacation, Debbie is working her buns off, Jan is MIA. Did I miss anyone?

Didn't drink enough water yesterday, I'm bad. Going to really make sure I get in my quota plus a little extra today. I think I didn't eat enough yesterday, too. I didn't go below 1200, but it was really close. Tonight is cajun tilapia with brown rice and broccoli. Yum!

Today and tomorrow Nickie is working, so no working out for me. Saturday I *WILL* workout. I will. And Sunday, too! And then Tuesday and Thursday. I'm making that commitment to myself.

And today I'm going to call the bank and find out why my PIN number is "INVALID". *screech* The bank problems from ****. And I'm going to call the service shop and talk to them about why there is hot air coming off the engine into the passenger compartment ALL THE TIME now? And why my rear window defroster (defogger) is not working? And why is there that nasty clacking sound every time I turn my steering wheel more than about 180 degrees either right or left? *shakes head* I left a message to my brother yesterday, but no call back. Great.

One day at a time. Hope everyone is doing great!!
Old 08-14-2003, 08:59 AM   #4  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default I'm still here

Yep, I'm still stalking you all, uhhh I mean lurking and reading.
I'm gearing up to start Atkins again, probably Saturday. (I have to get paid yet). I'm still riding my bike (did seven hours on it last Sunday after my midnight shift). My motivation? A tee-shirt my brother promised me. Hey, it worked. I still enjoy the motivation and support I get from you all on here. Thanks for being here. Mary in West Virginia
Old 08-14-2003, 11:31 AM   #5  

Slow computer this morning. Well, good morning everyone. I rearranged my schedule, so am able to chat quickly this morning. Mary, glad to hear from you. What kind of t-shirt has you so motivated? And biked for seven hours? Moter or bi-cycle? If it is bi, I bow down to you! I am still not exercising. I still haven't shaken this cold, so decided to not cut back even more on sleep to try and get in a workout before work and the show. I will be back on Monday though. Get the ready if I come up with any more excuses not to get to the gym. I could be doing better with eating, but right now, I don't know which end is up.

Raven, have fun at the barn. Get those workouts in! And good luck getting your bank and car stuff sorted out.

Have a good weekend all, and hope to hear from all of you soon.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:45 AM   #6  
~Insane Java Turtle~

It's mountain biking, yes, but no reason to bow before me. Arise, arise my good citizen. Yes, I rode seven hours in a row, in one day, but it was a goal I'd set for a number of months. I didn't know it was going to take that long, but once I started, I wasn't going to give up and have to start all over again. The shirt is a plain old tee shirt with a map of the bike trail on the back and the name of the trail society on the front. Around here (and all through the state of West Virginia) they've turned old train tracks into walking and biking trails. They call them rails to trails. Hundreds and hundreds of miles of it. I love them. The seven hour trek was an up hill climb, for a little less than half way. That's why it took me so long. But the ride back down was a "handsome reward" in it's self. I grinned like a kid and I think I heard myself shouting, "Weeeeeeeeee". I also walk, swim and do a variety of exercise video tapes. Unfortunately, the scale doesn't seem to care how hard I work or how strict I am with my dieting. I've had little to no success there. But I feel so good working out, that I'm not giving up. I'm starting Atkins again this week and I'm hopeful it'll work this time. Mary on the Mountain Bike.
PS sometimes instead of ringing my bell to warn walkers that there's an approaching biker, I shout, "Watch out!" "Fat chick on a bike coming through". I love the look that gets. LOL
Old 08-14-2003, 01:56 PM   #7  
Super Star

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Ok kinda de-wormed but hotmail is not recognizing me..sigh..story of my life huh..lol

Ok..

I LOVE THE PICS!!!!!

Oh mna..first of all Jolly..honey you are a babe!!! Period..So no more of this crap about guys not liking you..YOU ARE A BABE!! Alos your dog and horse..whohooooooo!! Simply divine darling..

Raven..oooooooooooo loved the pjctures too!! I am crazy over critters!! Again simply lovely lady!! I hope your horse is better!!! Did your ex send the money??where the heck was he??

HotCuppaofJoe!! Howdy!!!!LOVE your name..lol I used to have a boss who would ask me in the morning..Tracy...how is the Joe today....Pretty good walter..lol ah your name brought back some memories!! Glad you are here...i have had worm problems so my puter is still not quiet right yet!!

chachee??holli??happy?? Ladies??

what is foing one

I have walked but am eating too much so i need to stop!!

All 4 now...

hope and that is for real..lol HOPE to chat ya later!!
Old 08-14-2003, 07:48 PM   #8  
Student of the Hoof

Oof.. Just a quickie here. Just got back from the stables and NEED to take a shower.

Hi Mary! 7 Miles!! That's awesome! I love to ride my bike, but doing so here is the equivalent of painting a bullseye on your back. You're immediately a target. Sounds much like you are building a lot of muscle, eh? Do you take measurements?

Tracy - Shadow is seemingly getting a little better, but slowly. We'll keep an eye on her and if things don't improve in another 3-4 days, it will be time for the vet or the chiropractor. Yep, the ex is going to send the support - he was out of town on work and couldn't get to his e-mails.

I lost the stress battle of wills with a snickers bar today. Calorie-wise it's not going to kill me, I skipped my afternoon snack - I guess I'm just annoyed that chocolate can still be that comforting to me when things get really spazzy. Have to admit it sure did taste good, though. And as my boyfriend pointed out - I still fit through the front door when I came home. He's such a doll.

Ok, off to cook the fish!
Old 08-14-2003, 08:31 PM   #9  
Super Star

Hi!!

I think we have solved the e-mail problem now. I did open a really strange one right before my puter got all weird on me...

Raven..girl..your boyfriend is one super cool and special guy!! love what he said..i cracked up!!

Ps did i ever tell you about a bag of mini snickers and a romance book..lol..well.......

So..in my book you are doing super ok!!lol

who luvs ya girl??

ps mary...yahoooooooooooooooo on the miles..i missed that in my cruise through the posts!!

Tracy
Old 08-15-2003, 08:55 AM   #10  
Student of the Hoof

*doing the snoopy weight loss dance* Down another pound, another pound, la la... 2 more pounds to my goal, 9 days to do it, and I have to go out to dinner tomorrow night with my boyfriend. Hmmmmm. Well, I'll cardio hard this weekend, see if I can't offset some of the damage and make it to 183. What a trip!!

Not much to report this morning, spent time with my buddy last night at the stable. He was his usual charming self. He got to be in a stall while the ponies were being brought in from their lessons and groomed out. He felt like royalty, I'm sure. Fresh water, fresh hay, a salt lick, and someone rubbing him all over. Oh, not to mention the carrot treats. I'm accumulating quite a shopping list for next payday.

Nickie is working again today, she worked her butt off yesterday. And she's going to be doing it again today, too. Shadow was still being really ouchy about anyone touching her belly, flank, or stifle on the near side... hard to tell how much of that is just the "don't touch me, I hurt there" and how much of it is actual pain, but Nickie and I are both beginning to think she may need the doc. I suppose we'll talk to Rosa about it this weekend, see what she thinks.

Other than that... TGIF, I guess. I take my car to the shop tonight, and pray they'll have it done by the time they close at 1 on Saturday. I really do NOT need to be without my car again. No, I CAN'T be without it. That just won't fly. I'm already going to miss the little fun show this weekend because of them not putting it back together correctly. *huff*

Hope everyone had a great week, and is looking forward to a great weekend!
Old 08-15-2003, 12:58 PM   #11  
Super Star

Raven..YOu are so going to meet your goal....anddddddd do even better! do that dance girl!!

What do you think is wrong with shadow??I hope it is nothing too bad. Am crossing my fingers for you!! Am praying to the car god that one is ready adn two that it will be a realtively inexpenisve fix..(please please please!!)

Where is everyone??

thnak goodness you posted raven..i was like ok..i am going to post again....
Old 08-15-2003, 01:08 PM   #12  
Student of the Hoof

I know sometimes lately it feels like I'm the only one talking to the void here. Jolly is off doing her horse show thing - and she doesn't have a computer at home so we usually don't see her again till Monday. Debbie is probably working her tail off, Chachee is on vacation down in Oregon, Jan is .. MIA.

I hope Shadow is ok too. I just talked to Rosa a little bit a few minutes ago, and it looks worse today than it did yesterday. Now... Delana told Nickie to put Shadow out in the ring while she stripped her stall, and of course the horse went totally goofy out there running around and we think she just re-injured herself. Rosa is going to try to get her into the vet today, but if they can't see her, she'll give her bute and KEEP HER IN THE STALL till next week, then re-evaluate and see if she's getting better.

So how about you, dear? How are you feeling about things now? When do those classes start for the real estate thingy?
Old 08-15-2003, 01:50 PM   #13  
Super Star

Raven..you are just one super awesome person!! I love reading what you say!! I would pay to see that horse acting all goofy!!!I bet watching a horse just simply have fun..is one beautiful experience. Kinda like adog rolling on it's back in a good itch!!

I feel a wee bit better..lol..but boy was i one mess this morning. Funny how a few hours wandering a campus can make all the other stuff seem..well..not as stupid as me asking everyone where stuff is..lol Wrong building wrong floor..oh wow..was i the hello new student...

Are you seeing the horse todya??how close is this place??Can you drop by anytime??More pics please!1 I love them!!!

I am so greedy..lol Just my fish outside do not give me that lovng feeling..lol
Old 08-15-2003, 02:49 PM   #14  
Student of the Hoof

I like fish too, but you're right, they're a little hard to cuddle up to. The stable is about 15 minutes from my house. We're up there usually every day, especially now that Nickie is working up there three days a week. I try to pop into the pasture for a few minutes when I drop her off in the morning just to give Arashi a carrot bite or two and a hug - then in the evenings I'm either there picking up Nickie and brushing Arashi out, etc. or I pick her up at the house and we go up there. And yes, watching the horses playing is a beautiful thing. She'll roll around too after her bath, just like a dog. It makes me feel good just watching them, you know? And Arashi is cool because you can just lean on him. He won't move as long as you're there. He's all big and warm and solid.. it feels really good.

I remember being new on campus, too. Honestly, I think it's really exciting that you're going to school. And you're certainly not the only one wandering around confused, I'd bet on that! Didn't it feel cool!?? It's funny how when we're in high school, all we can do is think about getting out. When we're out and working, all we can do is think about how wonderful it would be to be back in school.
Old 08-16-2003, 08:19 AM   #15  
Super Star

Raven and everybody howdy!

Oh raven..you are so great!! You make me feel ten feet tall!! thank you for being you!!Your commetns were so amazing..

I want to see your horse roll over an scrtath its vback..i bet that is truly a good site to see!!

I just realized you are on your way to your third goal!! How awesome is that?? You are so motivated and motivating!! Thank you for everything!!

tracy
Closed Thread