Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-05-2015, 07:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 249/221/110

Height: 5'2"

Unhappy Lost 50lbs on my own-fell off the bandwagon-help!

I started IP on my own and did great, lost about 3-5 lbs a week for the first little bit and felt the best i've felt about myself, had the most energy, and looked the best i have looked in a long time. Lost a total of 50 lbs. Anyways, recently my boyfriend and I, since it's summer, have had a lot of fun trips around the country and in our home state of Montana, making it super hard to stick with things, so I said, okay, for this one trip I will take a break then i'll get right back on. Then i said.. well i might as well not get back on since we have another trip next weekend, and so forth. I ve gained 14 lbs in the last two months. For the last week, i have tried three times and end up giving in at the end of the day cause my mind can't stop thinking about the pizza or chocolate i want. Need ideas of afternoon/evening motivation to get me back into the groove I was in!

Thanks!
kasiasweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 07:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 108/105.8/60 kgs

Height: 5 foot 6

It sounds like you need a diet that is compatible with travelling and eating out. Some of the more restrictive diets (IP, Paleo, etc) are hard to do this with.
The beauty of calorie counting is that you can eat just about anything, just smaller amounts.
Maybe take on a more flexible approach (with higher protein if that helps you feel full) so that you can enjoy the trips but stay on your diet too.
sonickel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:30 AM   #3  
Fat Free, Sugar Free

S/C/G: 187.4/164/140

Height: 5' 3"

Congrats on losing 50lbs, thats a great accomplishment.

it's really hard to diet when travellings... maybe try to really watch your breakfasts/lunches and be more lenient with your dinners out?
CheesecakeBrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 02:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Kasiasweetie! Congrats on losing 50 lbs! What an accomplishment! It sounds like you need a temporary plan until you stop traveling. Since IP has you watching your carb intake and when you went off it, you gained your initial water-weight back, I'm going to suggest the Slow-Carb plan I'm on for you until you can get back to your strict IP plan. My plan limits high-glycemic carbs, but it allows one "cheat day" a week (which I call Carb Day since it's not actually cheating because it's part of the plan), which would go along well with your weekend traveling right now and would take away your guilt of not being able to stick to IP right now. Who knows? You might even like the plan and want to stay with it. In any event, I think it'd probably be a good fit for you temporarily. The first post on this thread describes what I'm doing (and feel free to join us on the thread if you'd like!): http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...e-dieting.html. Good luck! Don't become discouraged! You are still way ahead of the game! You've done an amazing job!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote