Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 08-05-2015, 04:44 PM   #1  

Height: 6-1.5

Default Costa Rica?Medical Tourism

I want to go to Costa Rica so badly. I want to see the baby sloths, and I have a friend there. So I am wondering if anyone has had medical tourism surgery in Costa Rica. I would like to get lap band surgery.

Mexico is my second choice. I don't know. I love mexico, but the sloths. I love them more. I would love to arrive for a week before surgery, love on the sloths, dig the flowers, and then face the guy with the mask.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 04:57 PM   #2  

Has anyone gone to another country for "medical tourism"? Do you have any experience with this?
Old 08-07-2015, 07:45 PM   #3  
Releasing the inner hiker

I suggest you do a little more research first. The lap band not only requires a lot of follow-up (fills and such), but is notorious for complications. Many surgeons and practices hesitate to take on another surgeon's patient. You need to make sure someone local to you will take you on after the surgery and you need to establish this prior to surgery.
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:16 PM   #4  

Yes, that is what I found out after doing a little research. What about the balloon? That has a 6 month follow up. But I don't see much on that either. I really think they do gastric bipass and sleave because they are costlier procedures.