Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-04-2015, 01:12 AM   #1  
Don't Stop Believing!!!!

S/C/G: 222/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

Default Help surviving working out....

I got the 21 Day Fix in May. I was all geared up to do it. I had my meals planned out, knew when I was going to work out... I was ready.

Then I worked out. Day 3, I thought I was going to die. I mean really.... when you have trouble getting down and up from the toilet, thats insane! SoI decided to take a break and after my kids left for the summer I would start again. Now that I have added 15+ pounds to my body, I can only imagine what it is going to feel like now.

I need advise on what I can do to help with the pain of working out. My body does not handle it well and neither do I.

I know I sound like a baby but I really need help. I want to do this.

donijo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 04:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

It sounds horrible, who wants to do exercise when it hurts that much? You can work up to it but throwing yourself into it doesn't sound like it's working out for you very well. You don't have to kill yourself in order to see results. You don't have to work out like a maniac. And you don't have to follow a 21 day program either, what the heck is that about anyway? Exercise should be lifelong and sustainable. And enjoyable! You don't sound at all like a baby, you just sound like someone who's about to do something you're not going to enjoy and it doesn't have to be like that.

Life is too short to punish yourself with exercise. Find something to do that you can enjoy beyond 21 days. It shouldn't be torture, it should be enjoyable. I'm not saying you won't be sore and you won't be tired, but you should feel happy during your workout.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 04:58 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

You need to start working out slow. I think the 21 day fix isn't bad (idea being it takes 21 days to make something a habit so it is meant to get you in the right direction). Use modifications, don't use weights, etc. A lot of people get extremely sore from going from not working out to using weights immediately. One thing you could also do is stretch it out more, instead of doing the workouts every other day, do them twice/week and mix in just regular old walking.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 12:17 PM   #4  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I agree with the above. If you're really set on using that program, you HAVE to make some modifications or you'll never stick with it (as happened previously). Spread the workouts out with more rest days inbetween. Look up modifications. Stretch! Do some easy cardio (walking, biking, whatever) on your off days to keep your blood flowing and help with the soreness.

And above all, if you end up in a lot of pain like before - yes, take a break, but no - do not give up! Do not put it off! Instead, find something else that may work for you.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 06:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 130/108/104

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by donijo23 View Post
I got the 21 Day Fix in May. I was all geared up to do it. I had my meals planned out, knew when I was going to work out... I was ready.

Then I worked out. Day 3, I thought I was going to die. I mean really.... when you have trouble getting down and up from the toilet, thats insane! SoI decided to take a break and after my kids left for the summer I would start again. Now that I have added 15+ pounds to my body, I can only imagine what it is going to feel like now.

I need advise on what I can do to help with the pain of working out. My body does not handle it well and neither do I.

I know I sound like a baby but I really need help. I want to do this.

This happened to me as well, I would let out a little yelp everytime I went to the bathroom. I actually choose to lose weight first by dieting before going back to it. I am focusing on yoga and some walking to increase my endurance.

I will see when I do get back into it, I will be using Kat, doing less reps and taking a break for first couple weeks. So I guess my 21 day fix will look more like a 42-62 day fix. At some point I know it will get easier as I build strength.
chubbysmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:51 AM   #6  
Don't Stop Believing!!!!

S/C/G: 222/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

Thank you so much for your responces.
I am still trying to figure out when to work out. I keep saying I will do it when I get off of work, but after 12 hours of being on my poor feet, the idea of walking seems like torture.
I have already started to change my eating habits. It has been difficult. When I am at work I do pretty well, it is my off days where I have to search for will power. Hopefully I will figure out a way to fit in walking. I really need to since I signed up for a 5K with a group of girls from work.
So if you have any advice to get the walking started.... I will take it!
donijo23 is offline   Reply With Quote