Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-02-2015, 01:19 AM   #1  

Default Making a change

Hey all,

My name is Heidi and I'm a 23 year old student from California. I've been gaining weight consistently ever since graduating high school, but a week ago I went to the doctor and the scale said 200 pounds.

I freaked out, especially because my family has many diabetics in it and I did not want to go down that road if there was anything I could do to prevent it. So after visiting a nutritionist, I'm here.

I'm hoping to get back to my high school weight of 130 lbs.

Hope to talk to many of you and I'm excited to start my weight loss journey.

- H
heidid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 01:49 AM   #2  
principessa

S/C/G: 159/165/138

Height: 5'2"

Hello Heidi
I have recently made a change too! I am from CA but recently moved to KY. I am freaking out because i haven't had my scale for about two months (we just found a house, everything is in storage) and I know I am gaining because I have been eating differently. Stress and the move have been tough.
I want to get down to the 130's or even 140's. I figure I am probably close to 165. I think I gained 10 pds. with the move. It is so discouraging!
For years I would not get on the scale.
When I did (which took a lot of courage) I realized I needed to control my eating. Without it I am out of control!
Best of luck to you! As some famous person once said (don't remember who) You can give in, you can give out, but never give up!
inforthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 06:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/172/100

Height: 4'11

Welcome Heidi! I remember hovering in the 130's, ahhh the good old days. I also gained weight steadily since highschool and now I'm way over what I should be (but losing slowly!). You're going to love the support here!
howyoulose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 06:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Heidi! You've come to the right place! Everyone is very nice and supportive here, so take a look around and jump right in! Good luck on your weight loss journey!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/174/155

Height: 5'6"

Welcome aboard Heidi,and best wishes on hitting your goals. I just joined last week.
merowi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:37 PM   #6  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidid View Post
Hey all,

My name is Heidi and I'm a 23 year old student from California. I've been gaining weight consistently ever since graduating high school, but a week ago I went to the doctor and the scale said 200 pounds.

I freaked out, especially because my family has many diabetics in it and I did not want to go down that road if there was anything I could do to prevent it. So after visiting a nutritionist, I'm here.

I'm hoping to get back to my high school weight of 130 lbs.

Hope to talk to many of you and I'm excited to start my weight loss journey.

- H
Welcome, Heidi! By coming here, you're taking a great step in taking charge of your health.

I just wanted to mention that I know someone personally who has reversed diabetes - and I would guess this would help you avoid it, but talk with your doctor - by giving up white sugar, white flour, and high-glycemic, refined carbs, almost totally. They also upped their veggies and nuts. This person's numbers were in the 300s, and now they're in the lower 100s, and that's with never taking medication. They do exercise a lot at their job, so that was also a factor.

Best wishes on your weight loss journey - I know you'll do well - and God bless!
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote