Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-29-2015, 06:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Hello. Help?

Hi everyone, I am not new to this site, I have been here before looking for inspiration silently. I was at my highest of 260lbs + and I managed to lose some of it by going through the inspiring posts here on 3fc.

I weigh 212 lbs today and to be honest, I had gone down to the 190s 8 months ago. I got married in December 2014 and gained the pounds back into 2 teens.

My in laws are both doctors (my mil is a gynecologist and fil is a pediatrician) and they think I shouldn't gain anymore weight 'cause well they want grandchildren and they don't want me to have health issues. My husband agrees. I can bring out my ego and say it's none of their business they should just accept me for who I am but the truth is they have seen the worst of it all being doctors and I don't even want to go down that road where I put up a ego fight. Professionally, they are right!

I just feel like I am disappointing everyone around me and how much ever I want to be happy with myself, I am not. I end up sulking a lot and giving dh a lot of unnecessary drama. It just needs to stop!

I need to regain all the motivation I lost from being too happy to be married and get back into that beast mode where I did more for myself than I did for anyone else. (don't mean to sound selfish) Don't get me wrong, I go to the gym with my husband every evening and he motivates me like no one else. He is a fit, healthy, muscular man who weighs 152 lbs! He is my own personal trainer at the gym and helps me lift weights and stuff. (So imagine my embarrassment at the gym.. I'm this fat chubby thing huffing and puffing while working out with a buff man) He isn't embarrassed to be with me clearly, it's just all in my head.
I just feel sometimes, he doesn't get the emotional drama that comes with body/image issues. He never had them. I on the other hand have plenty and have had them for a long time, like since middle school. I would love to talk to him about my issues but it just feels more comforting to talk to people who are on the same page, like on this forum. Am I wrong?

So anyway, enough of talk. I am back here again, hoping to get back into the groove and finally see GOAL on the scale! Help me guys!!
kittystarlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 10:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Kitty! BACK! You can do this!!! As tough as it may be having doctors for in-laws, you don't want to lose the weight for them. You want to lose it for yourself, right? So don't worry about them. And don't worry about what you look like at the gym with a buff hubby! It's wonderful you're at the gym! Congrats on getting married! You may have added "happy pounds" but you'll be back in the 190's in no time and then on your way to GOAL! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 10:15 PM   #3  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

kittystarlight:

definitely agree with jacquiD...you're not doing this for your in-laws. You're doing this for you and your health and your future children. Don't be embarrassed at th gym ! Everyone has to start somewhere, and I think it's awesome that you're husband goes with you! My husband (we are recently wed as well, congrats to you!) has to be dragged to the gym with me, but he goes lol. Good luck on getting to your goal! I mentioned in a different post, we are totally from the same area! I just moved to long beach last year (although I've always lived in LA).
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 01:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 262/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

thanks Jacqui_D and kisskiss, that's just the motivation I was looking for.

OMG kisskiss you are such an inspiration!! Congratulations on your wedding too. I just moved to Long Beach from New York after the wedding so it's a big change for me. I am so used to wearing layers all the time trying to hide the flab and out here it's just so HOT omg, I can't hide the flab anywhere hahaha!! and everyone at LA Fitness is so good looking I feel like I am a sore thumb sticking out! lol
kittystarlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 04:08 PM   #5  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittystarlight View Post
thanks Jacqui_D and kisskiss, that's just the motivation I was looking for.

OMG kisskiss you are such an inspiration!! Congratulations on your wedding too. I just moved to Long Beach from New York after the wedding so it's a big change for me. I am so used to wearing layers all the time trying to hide the flab and out here it's just so HOT omg, I can't hide the flab anywhere hahaha!! and everyone at LA Fitness is so good looking I feel like I am a sore thumb sticking out! lol
thanks again ooooh, yeah NY to LB is quite the change!! It'll start getting cooler in late september and even though we don't get those ny winters (I wish!), you should be able to layer up come december. I'm sure you don't stick out! I got to the Planet fitness cause it's closer to me, but yeah gyms can be intimidating. Just keep going and you'll do awesome! welcome to long beach!
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote