Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 08:16 AM   #1  

Default Newcomers Start Here! IP Weekday Chat Thread started 7/28/2015

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Here are a couple "older" .pdf files of many of Rainbow's recipes: Rainbowsmiles Recipes
and Rainbows IP Inspired Alternative Recipes

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Link to a pdf of the doctor's book here.
Note: this is not the same as the current IP plan.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:31 AM   #2  

Hi - wanted to hop in on the daily chat thread! I'm a newbie to the site, and 2 weeks into the program. I keep wishing I were 2 months along instead of only 2 weeks, but I keep reminding myself to enjoy the journey.

I got new products at my weigh in yesterday - trying the BBQ crisps for the first time today!
Old 07-28-2015, 12:58 PM   #3  

Welcome Desirae.
You'll LOVE this plan. The weight MELTS off
Old 07-28-2015, 12:59 PM   #4  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily Tip

Tuesday Reality Check: You wouldn’t expect to run a marathon if you’ve never run a mile. Commit to a few small changes this week, work just on those, and once you master them, add in more. Remember, small changes eventually add up to really big ones.

Monday Motivation: This week, focus on things you have in your life, not the things you don’t. Working on gratitude will elevate your mood and make it easier to do what you need to do. You’ve got so many blessings, it’s time to start recognizing them!
Old 07-28-2015, 01:18 PM   #5  

Welcome Desirae. This is a great forum and really supportive.

Thank you Lisa for the quotes, as always.

Hope everyone is having a good week.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:01 PM   #6  

Height: 5'4

Just want to chime in and wish everyone a good week as well! As Lisa so aptly mentions above - here's to all of the small changes we are making!

I also have an exercise question for the veterans. My office is sponsoring a month of free SoulCycle (www.soul-cycle.com) sessions in August. I'd really like to participate but am worried that the workout may be too high intensity for this program. Right now I'm walking and doing yoga. I lean towards trying it because I really need something to "punch" it up so to speak. Has anyone done SoulCycle while on Phase One?
Old 07-28-2015, 02:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by desirae_nicole View Post
Hi - wanted to hop in on the daily chat thread! I'm a newbie to the site, and 2 weeks into the program. I keep wishing I were 2 months along instead of only 2 weeks, but I keep reminding myself to enjoy the journey.

I got new products at my weigh in yesterday - trying the BBQ crisps for the first time today!
Welcome!! Hope you enjoy the crisps, the salt & vinegar are a favorite of mine.

How have your first 2 weeks gone? And look at it this way, you're 2 weeks ahead of where you'd be if you hadn't started at all.

Last edited by JJTx; 07-28-2015 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:24 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizn2000 View Post
I also have an exercise question for the veterans. My office is sponsoring a month of free SoulCycle (www.soul-cycle.com) sessions in August. I'd really like to participate but am worried that the workout may be too high intensity for this program. Right now I'm walking and doing yoga. I lean towards trying it because I really need something to "punch" it up so to speak. Has anyone done SoulCycle while on Phase One?
That looks similar to Spinning (which is also a trademark name).
Typically those classes are high intensity, but if you don't feel self conscious, you can certainly do them at your own pace.
You'd definitely need an extra packet after.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:11 PM   #9  

Thanks Lisa! I will be sure to take a packet with me when I attend. It looks like too much fun to pass up.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:50 PM   #10  
IP start April 20, 2015

S/C/G: 227.5/136/140

Hi Everyone,
I had a company bbq for lunch so I was a bit worried because you never know how the meat / salads are prepared. I ended up having a small chicken breast and half a burger patty with sliced tomatoes. I think I stayed ok, only thing that worries me is that when I read the ingredients in many frozen burgers, there's wheat crumbs. I mentioned this to my coach and she said that she thought it would still be ok, but to avoid mixed salads altogether. So, hopefully, the scale doesn't go up.
It is smoking hot today in Toronto, I bear the heat better now that i'm 1/2 way to goal. It feels better so much better to stay OP.
Hope everyone is having a great week!
Old 07-28-2015, 06:02 PM   #11  

My first weigh in was a 5 pound loss, 2nd week was less than a pound, officially. I have been doing morning weigh ins though, and it looked like I was more on track for a 2 pound loss that week, just didn't seem to show up by the time I weighed in that evening. I'm happy for any loss though, I know they add up!

I have about 40 pounds to lose, but I'm setting my sights on just that first 10 pounds for now. My clothes are already fitting better and it won't be very long before I'll have to ditch my current work pants for some smaller ones!

JJTx - I want to try the S&V ones too! I took my 2 year old to my weigh in and she remembered me picking out food last time. After I was done weighing she was asking about picking out food and I let her pick which chips I got.

Liz - I've never heard of SoulCyle. New things are always fun! Enjoy and take it easy if you need to.

Hope everybody has a great week!
Old 07-29-2015, 06:36 AM   #12  

The scale will drive us crazy if we let it.
Be sure to watch the AVERAGES, which shows us our true progress. It isn't unusual to have a lower week after a higher week

The best advice I've seen is to graph the weight loss. It really helps us have a visual of our progress and also helps us see trends. Most people find it most helpful to weigh once per week (a watched pot never boils for me!)

"The Beck Diet Solution" is a fantastic book to help us with the cognitive changes it takes to make lifelong changes

Her new book is called "Diet Trap Solution". I don't own that one so I don't know how many differences there are between this and the first book.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:56 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

I had my first week weigh in and I'm down 5.6 pounds. Super excited. This is a reboot for me. I lost 45 pounds on IP on 2010 and gained it all back after having my gall bladder removed in 2011. I'm thrilled to be back on plan.

I have a new coach at a different clinic and she seems very good. I have tried the oatmeal, garlic chips and brownie. Loved them all.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:06 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
I had my first week weigh in and I'm down 5.6 pounds. Super excited. This is a reboot for me. I lost 45 pounds on IP on 2010 and gained it all back after having my gall bladder removed in 2011. I'm thrilled to be back on plan.

I have a new coach at a different clinic and she seems very good. I have tried the oatmeal, garlic chips and brownie. Loved them all.
Welcome back doxigirl, and what a good start for you this time - you know you can do it!
Lots of new and yummy recipes since 2010, have a look through all the recipe links (in the first post of this thread) - there are MANY, also lots of fun with packets
Old 07-29-2015, 07:23 AM   #15  

doxigirl:
Welcome back and congrats for 1st WI. Glad you found a clinic you like.
I'm doing my reboot (after an over indulgent vacation) without a clinic. If I struggle, I'll go back, however my clinic wasn't all that helpful.

I use alt products (Quest powders, quest bars, and items from Nashua Nutrition).

Headed out for my morning walk!
Closed Thread