South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 06:53 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Much Ado About Monday! July 27 Chat

Good morning from Delta. When I worked I hated Mondays but now look forward to it. It must have something to do with working on the weekends at the Mill. It's usually a "no Moan Monday" for me.

Spent most of yesterday down there dealing with the police! (No, I wasn't in trouble!) During the Saturday night Fair Festivities someone smashed in the door of the building beside the Mill - deserted for years! Of course, solid citizen that I am, I had to report it and spent most of the day dealing with cops. The police wrapped "crime scene" tape around the entrance which caused a sensation in this wee town. The officer (who looked about 12!) went into the building with gun drawn in case anyone was inside. No luck so we'll see what happens next.

At 9:30 I am off to meet my crew at the Fairgrounds and move the Cow back to the Museum archives. I'm going to get them started and then leave for the bank and for a medical appointment. I am hoping to spend the afternoon in air conditioned comfort here at home doing some major tidying. (Do you think the Christmas decor will get moved into the storage from guestroom #1?)

Enjoy today - whatever you do!
Old 07-27-2015, 07:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

There always seems to be some type of excitement in Delta, Ruth! I hope the only damage was to the entrance door.

I had a lovely and productive long weekend, and now the next few days are going to be busy before I leave for vacation on Friday, and the girls get ready to leave for vacation on Saturday. Also, their washer broke last week and Richard promised to get a new one ASAP, so I hope it's installed! Cindy and the girls were at a horse event in VA since Wednesday, and I just know there's going to be a mountain of laundry to scale today.

Okay, on with the day! Let's see what it brings.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, Ruth and Linda and chicks to follow...

Ruth - So much going on in your little town.

Linda - Envious of your meet-up! Where are you vacationing?

I hadn't realized how long it had been since I checked in. It has been a bit stressful here, between stuff going on at work and my MIL having a fall and a stroke. Weather is HOT and lots of days with enough rain to keep us from biking or hiking. I'm off to the gym with my mom today, then errands. Nothing much else to report.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:15 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Ruth. What a day you had yesterday! Such excitement for your little town. I hope today will be calmer, and no, I don't see any reason to put away the Christmas decor. Many merchants are doing "Christmas in July" promotionals, and you're going to want to put it back up in about 4 months. Does the guest room have a closet? Just stash it!

We are going to be close to 90* for the next 3 days, which is very hot for us, and of course it will be humid. I have plans to go out soon and work on my "weed and mulch" project for a bit before it gets too hot. I remember as a kid going to visit family in Kansas with temperatures on 100+ but the dry heat is different.

Coffee and breakfast up next.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:17 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, to Cottage and Karen!

Karen, hope MIL is improving. Thoughts and prayers to you.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning chicks

Karen hope your MIL will be ok, thinking of you.

Ruth such excitement! I'm with Beth stash it

Linda even if this week is crazy busy just think how exciting Friday will be!!!

Beth we are having the same weather downstate. Looked at my weeds this morning and they will get to say for another week.

Painting went well, we completed the pantry and stained some boards for trim and the front beams. The house will be really nice when it's done, just takes so much more time considering he is a one man operation.

Today is my get ready for the work week day. I do need to order some desserts for the graduation party next week. Joe is doing one party for both kids. He rented the pavilion at Lake Taconic and is doing a pig roast. Hope the heat wave breaks before then!

Keep cool chicks!
Old 07-27-2015, 10:25 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 2"

Ruth I agree that Mondays are different now that retirement allows me to choose what to do on Monday. Love it.

Last night in garden was just in time. Rain promised today and I'm glad to stay inside to try to get house cleaned during rain.

Surprised, very surprised that in spite of gardening 3 hours Saturday and 2 hours after Church Sunday that I'm not very sore. Finally getting in shape.

Wish weight would reflect the increased activity, but evidently eating a pint of ice cream yesterday counter acted the calories spent working so hard.

Jennifer Graduation party and a pig roast sound like a real celebration. Surely the rain this week in the east will cool things down a bit.

Enjoy the new week, Sandy
Closed Thread