Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-25-2015, 09:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

Height: 5'6"

Default I've fallen off the wagon.

I have been on this journey and it has had its ups and downs. The last couple of months I've started going back to habits that got me this heavy. I have definitely been eating more calories than I should. The only saving grace is that I exercise a lot. I'm super active and work a job where I am rarely seated (average about 5-7k steps just during my work hrs). My bad habits are that I have been at drive thrus again. It is awful. I am sneaking food a bit. What helped me the most when I felt tempted is that I would come onto this site and I haven't posted anything or even come on this site for a while. Everyday I try to start fresh again but find myself not being happy with how I made it through the day. Because I have been sneaking in more calories, I feel like I am back at the beginning of my journey which was so hard because my stomach always wanted something in it. I find myself more hungry more often.....I wish that I could say that I was reaching for healthy things but i am not. I am need to reset. I know that this is often not a steady journey for most so I am writing this thread to find out people get back on track. How do you get out of your slump. If I can commit to 2 full on, hard core detox days, where I juice, blend, fill my belly with fruits, veggies, and lean protein... I think that might be a nice reset....something like that. Let me know how you got out of your slump. I am desperate to get fit and for the last mos or so I feel like I am on pause but with mental and emotional torture. Thanks in advanced. And, you all will be seeing more of me. I won't be hiding out anymore
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:05 PM   #2  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

you've fallen off the wagon, but you're back! that's the important part. I'm there myself--my exercise is on point but one week I'll make good healthy food choices and one week I won't. I totally get you. In addition to posting more on here to keep yourself accountable you can try writing a journal or blog. I use instagram and my blog to try to keep myself focused on my journey. Good luck and congrats on your weight loss so far! you can do this!
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:28 PM   #3  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

On any given day, it can be a struggle for any of us.

Just pick ONE thing, do that, then pick another, it will fall in line.

Some days, I just pick ONE thing, because, that is all I have to give, but it gives me what I need to pick another thing the next day.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:39 PM   #4  
Warrior Princess

Don't look at it as falling off the wagon. If you were eating with reckless abandon and completely quit exercise then okay but I think we all find ourselves at a drive-thru here and there. I have not exactly been innocent either with food for a while now but I'm doing my best. It's hard!!
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 05:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

Thanks for all the advice. I am feeling a bit better about things today, but admit that it hasn't been great. I woke up late and skipped breakfast so I could make my aerobics class, but then I was super hungry. I am not a breakfast skipper for this reason. Argggg. I've gotta few more hours left in this day so I am trying to make them count.
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 02:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: GW: 125

One thing that helps me get back on track is planning my food in advance and writing it down, either the night before or first thing in the morning. Something about having a plan and having it in ink or entered online helps me stick to it. It also helps me anticipate challenges like that morning exercise class or a night out.

(And thank you for posting because it got me thinking and reminded me that this is exactly what I should be doing this week)
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 04:02 PM   #7  
Earning back my muscles

S/C/G: 184/184/size 8

Height: 5'5

Hi Kiwi,
I'm so glad you posted and that you're here. I hope you've had a good couple of days. I struggle with the exercise. But it sounds like you're good with that!

Money always motivates me haha. What helped me with the fast food was to add up all that we've been spending every month on fast food. I knew it was expensive, but put it together and it honestly floored me! It's so expensive! I have a piece of jewelry I want to buy in 6 months if we make it our goal of going only once a week. And it will be more than paid for. Hopefully something like this might motivate you to stay away too

Each time, it is hard for about 1.5-2 weeks for me. It takes a while for new habits to set in
HIheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 06:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 108/105.8/60 kgs

Height: 5 foot 6

It sounds like you are time poor and exhausted, which is causing you to go to takeaway joints. I recommend very simple meals for breakfast and lunch, and either doing a big cook up on a day off, or even getting frozen diet meals to get you through. That's what's getting this very busy student through.
sonickel77 is offline   Reply With Quote