Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 12:42 PM   #1  

Default 50 or more week of August 11

If you have 50 or more pounds to lose, or are losing, this is the group for you! So jump on in and join; you'll be sure to get a warm welcome!

Sorry to be so late starting the thread! Have been so busy getting ready for school; I start back tomorrow, and the students come next Monday.

DH and I went to WW Saturday, and I lost two pounds. Feel good about that, but still haven't reached nopay! I'll get there, though! We are doing well staying OP and walking

Linda, glad to hear you're feeling ok. Re: eating enough pts, throwing a few nuts on your salad or some 2 percent cheese in your sandwich are easy ways to get in more points, and both are healthful foods. Or maybe cook dinner with a little olive oil? I don't think I've ever had that problem (of not reaching the minimum, hehe) but I have heard of people not losing because of it, strange as that sounds. However, you are doing so well ... maybe you should just keep on doing what you're doing!!

Hi Nascar Girl! Re: time to reach goal, it took me way over two years to lose 100 pounds. And my DH is a slow loser too; it took him over a year to lose his ten percent, and sometimes he was frustrated too. But we just reminded ourselves that the scale was just one indication of the healthy changes we were making in our lives, and that our bodies were taking their own sweet time adjusting to them. (Also, a side benefit to slow loss: your skin has more time to adjust, so fewer wrinkles! At my age, that was a bonus.) Have you tried making a chart of your loss? It'll show the longterm loss better than a week to week number; so many things can affect a weekly weigh in, like TOM, salt intake, water, etc. But your chart will show a steady decline, and that's always encouraging! Hang in there; you'll reach your ten percent, and we'll all celebrate with you!

Regards,
Jan
Old 08-13-2003, 01:31 AM   #2  

Jan, wow, a two-pound loss at your last WI, that is just great! You'll be back to nopay in no time flat. Thanks for the tips about getting more points in, you had some good suggestions. Tonight our salads had some cheese and hard boiled eggs in them, as well as chicken, so those two extra things added some needed points. Eating nuts is a good idea, too.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 08-13-2003, 04:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Had a great vacation but was up 1.8# at Mon night w/i - so really have to behave myself.

Hope everyone is doing well & talk to you soon.
Old 08-13-2003, 07:37 PM   #4  

bandit2, I think that your small gain isn't so bad--considering you were on vacation, and that you had a WI at the end of a day. I know that you might be feeling discouraged, but just keep your resolve and try to get right back OP. You can do this.
Old 08-14-2003, 09:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Thanks for the boost, Linda :-)
Old 08-15-2003, 07:56 AM   #6  

Good morning everyone! Hope all is well. TGIF!!!
Thanks Janet for the positive encouragement and congrads on the 2 ponds loss! I may be a year before I hit that 10%. I think my meds also effect it. Just getting frustrated. It's time to buy another 10 weeks so plan on keep on going!
Everyone have a great weekend!
Old 08-16-2003, 10:26 AM   #7  

Bandit, I agree with Linda, that's not bad at all considering you were on vacation! Wish that's all I'd gained on my vacation! And I'm sure you'll be back on the "losing streak" very soon!

Hi Linda! Sounds like things are fine over your way! Thanks for the encouragement, it really helps.

Nascar Girl, I've heard that certain meds really do affect the rate of weight loss, so that definitely could be a factor. You've found the secret, though: "plan to keep on going!" Way to go! You'll get there, and you'll be glad you persisted.

Things are going well out our way. DH and I just got back from our morning walk, and I'm finishing up the upstairs room this morning, finally! It looks like a whole different room now; I'm really pleased with it. The only things I still want to do are install a couple of corner shelves above the treadmill to hold exercise equipment, and install miniblinds, but I'm going to wait for a sale for that. I'm hoping that we'll spend more time up here, and less time downstairs near the kitchen, now that the room is more functional and uncluttered!

Guess I'd better get back to work! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Regards,
Jan
Old 08-16-2003, 01:55 PM   #8  
Inchworm

Thumbs down

Hi all!
Just a quick check in..I just got back from a short trip with a dgd to see my mom. dgd leaves for home on Tuesday and then Thursday, I'm off on my next trek! It has been the most traveling summer I can remember!
I came home to a message from dgd in USAF, saying she passed all her evaluations, so she WILL graduate as scheduled! That is a relief since I have all my reservations made for the trip down there! I'm sure the 6 weeks of her basic training have gone lots faster for me than for her.

It looks like Texas is getting lots of wet weather???
Could have a wet graduation!

I bought a big bag of okra on my trip to Mother's, am looking forward to cooking it up tonight.
Dgd requested a Persian dinner, so we treated her to that last night. It was my first experience. very nice, I had a lamb kebob with rice and grilled veggies. saved1/2 of it, will have that today.
I never fix lamb because my dh will not touch it. (in memory of a pet lmb in his boyhood.) All in all, it was a pretty much OP dinner. Only they serve such huge quantities!
but I procrastinate! I'm supposed to be rearranging furniture.
removing things from dgd's old room which dh is making into a den. He'll work on that while I am trekking next.

You all have a great weekend!

Last edited by gmalil; 08-16-2003 at 01:58 PM.
Old 08-16-2003, 03:34 PM   #9  

Just wanted to check in and say HI. Sorry I have been MIA. Our family has been going through issues and I have not been online much.

But good news is I am down to 47.6 and hope to make 50 by the end of the month.

Take care and see you all soon!
Old 08-16-2003, 10:21 PM   #10  

Hi JOYce! Way to go on saving half the Persian dinner for the next day! So far, looks like good weather for your dgd's graduation in SA. So glad she passed all her evals so well, but YOUR dgd, of course she would! Grad day weather: Hot, of course, but August in Texas??! Oh well! Bring cool clothes. Can't wait to see you again!

Bluvsu, so good to hear from you! I hope things are okay with your family. Kudos on your loss, nearly 50 pounds, that is such a wonderful achievement; you should be so proud of yourself!! Keep on keeping on, and stop by when you can; we care about you.

Regards,
Jan
Old 08-16-2003, 11:24 PM   #11  
Inchworm

Thanks Janet for that vote of confidence, but I can't take any credit, she is just a hard working determined young lady, (when she sets her mind to it)
I'm so glad that you think we will have good weather, I've been watching "Erika" and wondering.

bluvsu is good to hear from you, I too, hope things are going better with your family, and that issues have been resolved.
Great news about your weight loss! I agree with Jan, 'keep on keepin on!'

I have been doing nothing towards losing weight, and am most disgusted with myself, but resolved to get back on the program and DO IT! I seems to be twice as bad in the heat, we have had so many triple digit days! I keep hoping to lose some wieght thru sweating! is that desperate, or what!

Must scoot and get some things done.
Old 08-17-2003, 12:03 AM   #12  

Bluvsu2, I am sorry to hear that your family is having some difficulties, I hope that they will work out soon. Meanwhile, that is amazing that you have lost almost 50#--keep up the good work, sometimes when we are stressed it is easier to eat than it is to stay OP. Sounds like you are being very strong.

JOYce, so glad that dgd is going to graduate when she had planned to, as you have all of your reservations! You really haven't been home much this summer. Hope to see more of you in the fall months --

I thought I'd try to save on our next electric bill and turn off the a/c tonight at about 8:00, open the windows and turn the whole house fan on. Bad decision. There are so many gnats flying around our patio screen door that they came in like gangbusters before we realized it. Several sprays of Raid later, we are again sitting in air-conditioned comfort, with the windows closed again. So much for being thrifty this month.
Old 08-17-2003, 11:53 AM   #13  

Thanks for the well wishes. I am hoping 99% of it is done on Tuesday. And then in 7 weeks when I move the rest will be done.

This has been h*ll. But what does not kill you makes you stronger.

I am looking forward to fall and the settling down time of year.

Congrats to your dgd!! Joyce. I know you are proud.

Have a great week everyone! I won't be making a meeting this week. But next week I get the new FLEX materials.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:41 PM   #14  

Hi Bluvsu2! Glad that things are coming to closure, and that things will settle down in the fall. I love that quote about what does not kill you, makes you stronger. How true, how true. You are almost halfway through your journey; do not let anything get to you now!! This is SO important, that you reach your goal. Give it your highest priority. You deserve it.

Linda, been there done that with the A/C. Just doesn't work here in Texas. DH has said he'd rather have an avg. house with a/c than the local billionaire's mansion without, and I agree. (Tho' I don't think our resident billionaire goes without, ha ha.)

First day of school went well, but tiring. Neat kids for the most part, a few lovestruck space cadets, but what else is new. They'll learn something in my class, if I have to do the backstroke to make it happen. Like my mentor Dr. Howard said, if you can't turn 'em on, just don't turn 'em off!

Hope everyone's having a great week!
Regards,
jan
Old 08-18-2003, 11:08 PM   #15  
Inchworm

Hi, I just started a new thread for this week.
see you there!
Closed Thread