South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 06:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Wild Weekend on the Beach

Good morning Chicks! Let's kick the weekend off together...
Old 07-18-2015, 06:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks for all the well wishes, I really appreciate it .

Today we're driving into Virginia, to meet with my "surrogate mom" at her time share. I was quite nervous initially, until my DH said he'd go with us! Woo hoo!! DS is bringing a friend, and DD makes friends wherever she goes. My friend is doing Ideal Protein, so she is eating quite healthy. She said she will splurge on her vacation, but it will all be alcohol based (LOL).

This week was a little rough, but hopefully next week will improve. I know this trip will wear me out, but she's worth it . And then next week. NEXT WEEK!! I should be meeting Cottage for lunch!! WOO HOO!!

All this excitement, I just don't know what to do with myself .
Old 07-18-2015, 07:24 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Lots of hugs to you, Tammy. I wish I were meeting you for lunch too next week. Give Linda a hug from me and take several for yourself.

Late night last night. Visited with my friend Toni until almost midnight in her new outdoor screened patio - it's really like another room. I got picked up by Toni and her charming husband drove me home after midnight. So much for getting a rum cake baked and a sausage casserole made for Anna who had minor surgery to have some facial sunspots removed. I'll pop the casserole in to her on my way to pick up bread this morning with cooking instructions.

Yesterdays foray to the antique dealer was not really successful since he forgot to bring in the dresser. I did, however divest myself of some stuff including some Bavarian glass candlesticks which I have always hated. This dealer is anxious to see what else I have that's up for grabs. If I have time I may go over there today to (finally) see the dresser and mirror.

Anyhow, right now I will make the casserole for Anna and head for bread pick-up. The Hyper Pypers and their dogs will be here mid afternoon so I need to "fill the time" until then. Not gonna be a problem!

Have a great Saturday!
Old 07-18-2015, 07:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I hope your week is a LOT better, Tammy! I am looking forward to meeting you for lunch so much! Have a good trip to Virginia today!

Good morning, Ruthie! I'm glad you had a nice evening with Toni. She lives down on the lake, right? We love our screened in back porch and especially appreciate it this year with so many voracious mosquitos! That's great that you were able to unload more things to the antique dealer. Maybe you should arrange for him to have a look around your house. You may be sitting on some real treasures.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:15 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Gearing up to being outside almost all day in 97 degree weather yuck but it should be a fun day.

Luckily yesterday I tested out my laptop for my class because my webcam was not working ending up having to download a utility tool in order to be able to use. Would not have been a good way to start out the class and need the webcam so someone can watch me take the test to see I am not cheating.

Twynn enjoy yourself and have fun.

Ruth I agree with Cottage you should have the dealer come look at your house

Cottage those pesty bugs have been voracious this year, if I am out at dusk or dawn I am getting bit.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 07-18-2015, 08:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Pearlrose, I tried to sit outside on the patio to enjoy the gorgeous evening the other night, and the mosquitos thought I was their smorgasbord! And yesterday, I was attacked by those blood-sucking buggers and gnats while I was picking tomatoes in the garden. Good luck with your test today! It's a good thing you checked out your laptop beforehand.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:13 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning

Time is slipping away this morning although I just looked and it's only 715. LOL. Birthday party was a success last night! I stayed up past my bedtime, though. The party today doesn't start until 5 PM and it's in Denver so I don't know how long we will stay. This is the Latino side of the family so not much English spoken. Mostly just the kids. We might go down to Denver and have lunch with Kirk's daughter. It just depends on what she decides so i'll just put around here and stay low-key until we hear anything different.

Happy weekend everyone!
Old 07-18-2015, 10:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. The crazy busy work week culminated with 600 protesters last night! That was after a major service disruption. No rest for the weary this week. Really enjoyed the Wounded Warrior ride. Especially yesterday. At the end of the ride, say the last 10 miles, the community riders go first, they get a 5 minute head start before the soldiers leave and then we bring up the rear for protection. Well we were about a mile from the beach when we saw a VERY large male riding your average bike, no frills maybe hand breaks at best. He was absolutely drenched in sweat riding completely alone as he could not keep the pace of the community riders. One of the soldiers joined him and kept giving him encouragement to finish strong and promised he would not leave him until he finished. Talk about motivation!! when I say it is an honor and privledge to ride with these great men and women it is an understatement. Soldiers from Israel and the UK also are included as their countries don't offer much support to their injured soldiers. It was quite the day.

Now for today, catch up on posts, online groceries and back to work.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:13 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 2"

Jennifer,
Your job is really a tough one. I liked that the soldiers from Israel and UK were included, too. Good to know that the rest was good.

Debbie, glad party was a success. Hope today is as good.

mosquitos can make enjoying the evening outside no fun at all.

Tammy, hope you enjoy your trip.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:00 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from muggy and cloudy Delta, home of that insane woman who now has four dogs!

The Hyper Pypers arrived mid-afternoon - all six of them plus two dogs. We sat around indoors and sipped some Mike's Hard Lemonade while the dogs got reacquainted. They were not happy when their family left for the cottage and then I made a big mistake of leaving to get some more dogbiscuits. Came home in 15 minutes to find one of them had decided to eat the door frame of the side door! Oh joy! Other than that, they are behaving well and get along beautifully with my two. (I wish people got along as well as dogs!)

I did make it to the antique store and came home with a mirrored, circa 1920 3-drawer dresser. It's solid ash with the original finish, hardware and mirror. The top needs refinishing but an old-fashioned dresser scarf will take care of that for now. Very pleased but it seems to be ironic to be swapping old stuff for more old stuff.

Nothing much planned for today except glaze a rum cake, clean the fridge, check in at the Mill, do a financial report and hang out with the doggage here in dog paradise. I will be leaving the mutts later to down to the cottage for a Hyper Pyper BBQ which should not run late. We'll see if I have any doorframes left when I return.

Time for another coffee and to convert the back room from a dog dormitory to a more civilized place. They are all clean dogs but Febreeze is needed.

Enjoy your Sunday and get some R&R to gird your loins for the week!
Old 07-19-2015, 07:57 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Boy Ruth you sure have a "relaxing" day planned lol. I'm in full blown load mode today. Will venture out for groceries and that's about it. Going to be very hot here today. Hope my AC unit holds up as I still need to replace it. Was going to my sister's today for a BBQ, but their central AC is broken which makes for a miserable sister lol.

I have made tentative plans to go to VA and NC next month. I'll spend a few days with my parents then take my mom to NC to visit my step sister. I haven't seen my step sister in ages so it should be an ice trip.

Hopefully in the fall I may runaway for a few days of R&R my batteries need a re charge

Try and stay in the shade today
Old 07-19-2015, 09:30 AM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

off to kayak before the day becomes unbearable. I'll be back later
Old 07-19-2015, 09:41 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Yesterday was fun though it was unbearably hot, I was so sweaty all day long. We came home about 8 p.m.

Today, DD2 and I are going to go get our toes done for the trip next weekend. I also need to stop at a couple of stores for a couple of things.

It is very cloudy outside so not sure if it is supposed to rain today or not but more weather in the 90s.

Ruth hope your door frames survive.

Debbie glad the BD party went well, enjoy today

Jekel I love hear stories like that

Love2garden and Cottage

Cyndi have fun.

Have a wonderful Sunday
Old 07-19-2015, 07:49 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks! I'm back from a trip to visit DS1. He is living on his own this summer while he works his internship job so DH and I went to visit him. I feel like I made many good food choices, although there were a couple splurges. The big coup of the weekend was finding 2 dresses on sale that I can wear to work this fall.

Sounds like everyone was busy and enjoying their weekend. I am not going to complain about the heat and humidity- it's summer and I like it. The cold will be here soon enough.
Closed Thread