Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-17-2015, 10:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 395

Height: 5'5"

Smile Cannot Fail

Hi. Over the last 20 years, I have gained 225 pounds. My knees and back can no longer support what I have done to myself. So here I am trying to get control over my body. I was diagnosed with a thyroid problem 10 years ago. I know it is no excuse but it is going to make this journey more difficult. I am scared!

I am scared that I will fail--to be fat forever unable to walk and live my life.

I am scared to succeed-- 1. I love food except for the healthy crap
2. I will never have the body I want. I let this one
get too out of control.

I am joining this forum in the hope that talking to others will alleviate my fears and help me succeed

Congratulations to all of you that have been successful. Hopefully, I will be one of you someday.
nottoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:35 PM   #2  
Earning back my muscles

S/C/G: 184/184/size 8

Height: 5'5

Welcome!

Everybody starts in the same place. One foot in front of the other

Your tastes will change gradually and it'll get easier

Nobody is perfect. The secret is to start right back on plan as soon as you realize you've slipped up.
HIheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 11:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

nottoolate! One day you are going to laugh that you called the food that will help nourish your body back to health "healthy crap," lol! It took 20 years to put that weight on and it's going to take some time, not as much time as all that, but some time to take it back off. I like your ID name because it really is not too late! You can do this! Are you on thyroid medication? That should help with that problem. The rest is up to you, and you are going to feel so great when you start taking control of your eating instead of your eating controlling you! Take a look around here. There are all kinds of useful and motivational information! And jump in and start posting! Good luck!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 07-18-2015 at 12:02 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 11:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 285/270/150

Height: 5'5''

Default Never too late to do the good thing!

I have knees issues since primary school , even if I was really small, being overweight now is not helping. This is one of the reason why i've decided to loose my extra 100 pounds. We're gone do it!
Morgane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW 233/SW 230/207/165

Height: 5'3"

nottolate, hate to say it, but the "food" you love, doesn't love you. In fact, it is slowly killing you. The "healthy crap" is what will keeps you living. I say this to myself when I get tempted to eat that high fat sugary item that smells so good. I am learning to enjoy the healthier stuff. Cooking veggies, I despised since a small child, in a different way, so that they are really enjoyable. Eating fruit with nutrients is way better than that donut that is only processed flour, fat and sugar.
katiam247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:13 PM   #6  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: S 270/C Ticker/MiniGoal#1 170

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome nottolate.

Just another note about the "healthy crap" .... it's GOOD FOOD! Really! If you think of it as healthy crap, it's going to be that much more difficult to create and stick with a good plan to get healthy again.

There are amazing fresh foods out there and the access of info on ways to prepare it is endless. I'm finding new, healthy foods every day that I absolutely love. Don't limit yourself to what you perceive as "diet food" or healthy crap. There's more to life than carrot sticks and bland protein.

Re: having the body that you want.... I don't think ANYONE does. Even those at a healthy weight. What you can have though is a body that has energy, moves easily and isn't constantly in pain.

Welcome and have fun finding a way of eating that satisfies you AND gets you healthy! It can be a whole new life starting today and you're in charge of how enjoyable it will be.
Vickie Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 04:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/188/150

My only word of advice is not to get too crazy when you first start. Sure, going crazy and eating completely healthy, depriving yourself of what you normally consume, exercising each day... All is perfect.

In a perfect world.

Start slowly. Get rid of the soda or nighttime snacking. Make reasonable goals. Ease yourself into this over a few weeks so that you don't go, "Oh, screw this! I'm going to eat whatever I want!!"

I've been there. SOOOO many times. A couple of years ago I was only 135. Since then, I have tried quick fix diets and depriving myself to get my body back to 135. Guess what? It takes time. A lot of time. And I've personally found changing everything at once was both discouraging and frustrating.

Coming from someone who hates veggies... I can understand your hesitation with "healthy crap".

How about adding in one veggie a week... Or substituting ONE meal with a salad? Adding in a banana or apple at breakfast instead of something processed?

Best of luck to you!!! Wishing you strength!
spangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 06:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 395

Default Healthy Crap

Sorry but I dislike most healthy food-- yogurt, granola, fruits and veg
I am going to try and be realistic. I am using an app to track everything I eat. this is helping me make some better choices. I have also started drinking water. I hope to start adding in the few fruit and veg that I think are ok. We will see how it goes.
nottoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 08:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 242/185/155

Height: 5'8

Arrow Not an Option , ha?

Ughhh, i hate weight loss plateaus and the upwardly mobile weight gain fluctuations. Those hurt, ouchy mama.No way!: spammer:luck: woops:

Last edited by 1Bluerose68; 07-18-2015 at 08:29 PM.
1Bluerose68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 10:40 AM   #10  
Fat Free, Sugar Free

S/C/G: 187.4/164/140

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome nottoolate! have you started with some eating changes? You can do this! and there are lots of nice folks here to talk with you along the journey.

Last edited by CheesecakeBrownie; 07-19-2015 at 10:47 AM.
CheesecakeBrownie is offline   Reply With Quote