Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 10:10 AM   #1  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default Tuesday is here! August 12th~

BB to Post!
Old 08-12-2003, 10:22 AM   #2  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Good morning girls! How did everyone do yesterday! I did ok. Dh bought mini butterfingers when we grocery shopped and I had a couple (ok 3 ) of those. Other than that I did well. I also walked with Miss Leslie (WATP) in the a.m. and then Dh and I went biking last night. I got a great amount of activity in . Other than that not much else new here.

Rina~ I am sorry that you are not feeling well. Just rest and take care of yourself and visit us soon!

Kim~ I am so glad that you survived the shower and didn't have to get wasted to do it

Lynnie~ I checked the pics. Good job girl. You can tell such a difference. I know the double chin thing is such a downer in pics. I spend time in the mirror trying to pose so that it doesn't show Sad, I know

Well ladies speaking of my sad mirror behavior. What is your most embarrasing moment? One that you are even embarrassed to share.

Mine would probably have to do with DH and the fact that I had gas at a rather inappropriate time Thank God he laughed it off.

Ok I am sure you get the drift So I shared my embarrassment. Come out and share yours.

I also was laying out with a friend at the community pool and flipped over from my stomach to my back when my bikini top (in my thinner days) rubberbanded about 5 feet away from me leaving me a little cold to say the least

Well I will bbl and I hope to hear your crazy stories.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:19 AM   #3  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hi Becky! WHERE IS EVERYONE? There have been 8 views to the thread today, so if you're lurking out there, come out and play!

Lynnie: You can definitely see a difference in the photos. Way to go!

I can't think of an embarrassing moment. Not in the past 10 years or so. I still have flashbacks to my new junior high school when I slipped on a fresh fry in the cafeteria and fell flat on my back. Not exactly the way to make friends!

So I have a secret and I feel like I'm ready to pop. DH and I decided to start trying for a baby! (We started last night ) I'm still going to try to lose weight, and when I'm pregnant, I plan on talking to my doctor about a way to try to continue to lose while pregnant. I just didn't want to wait anymore. I feel like the ol' clock is ticking away. I'm 30, he's 35. Our parents are all itching for grandchildren.

Just the whole thought of having kids makes me feel more like a grown-up than ever before!
Old 08-12-2003, 11:34 AM   #4  
Shopper Extraordinaire

KIM~ I AM SENDING YOU BABY MAKING VIBES I am so excited for you! I am probably going to start trying around 30 also. I think it is a great age to have kids. Congratulations! Ok the Jr High thing would be a bit embarrasing, of course in JH a pimple is the end of your life so everything seems pretty embarrassing. I am so glad to be an adult You are right about feeling grown up. I felt like that after marriage so I imagine that once you are becoming a mommie it intensifies! I am so happy for you! Oh and have so much fun trying

I wish more people would come out and play with us!
Old 08-12-2003, 11:40 AM   #5  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi!

Good Morning, ladies! Just a quickie because I have to head to gym in a few minutes...

I had a good weekend, but of course I went way over on points. I tried to keep it under control, and this weekend was better than last weekend, so I don't know why I'm still feeling guilty, unless it's because I went over again yesterday (by about 5 points) and didn't get any activity in. I want to lose the weight FAST, and setbacks make me start panicking that I'll lose my motivation all over again and gain another 20 lbs back. I shouldn't have said that, I probably just jinxed myself. I just felt so good for those three (almost four) days that I stayed OP...

Anyway, so I'm faced with a tough situation at work. I sit in a cubicle of four ladies. There are two girls who talk through the cube walls almost non-stop. I don't want to say anything because I'm pretty sure they already talk unflatteringly about me and don't want to make it any worse. And, I can't say anything to my boss because she has a problem with keeping confidentiality. So, I'm stuck sitting back here in my cube, trying to work but I can't concentrate. Of course, they don't care whether or not they get any work done because nobody knows if they're getting anything done or not. When I'm not working, it shows on a weekly report that is distributed to my boss. So, I'm stuck here... I do know that if my boss says something about how I'm not getting anything done, I will tell her why and not worry about the consequences. I will not let worrying about them talking about me cause me to lose my job or keep me from getting a raise or promotion.

I'm sorry, but this has really been on my mind for a long time. I love my work, but hate my job, does that make sense? At least the lady across the cube from me is here--she keeps me sane...

Dang, I gotta get to lunch--why does time fly so quickly when I'm posting on here? And why can't time go this quickly when I'm just doing my work?

I promise to try to stop back in later and do some responding, OK?
Old 08-12-2003, 11:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/173/160-ish

Height: 5'7"

New to the group and wanting to make friends

I am new to this group and new to 3FatChicks...but decided the best way to benefit is to jump right in and make friends.

I just posted my bio, but a little about me...

I am about to turn 26 years old (tomorrow) and am feeling very low right now. My highest weight was 223.6 lbs, which was about a month and a half ago. I keep starting WW and then losing my motivation and just go off program, then the weight comes right back.

I am getting married next September and have just over a year to get myself ready...I would like to lose about 80 lbs before then and although I am starting soon enough, even my wedding hasn't been able to push me to get on program and stay on program.

I have been going to meetings on and off since March of this year, but still can't manage to stay on program.

Last week I re-committed (again) and went to a different meeting. The leader was amazing and really got me pumped to stay on program and lose the weight. Then we had a 'tragedy' in the family and it totally threw me off. I have been doing great at journaling my points during the day at work, but as soon as I go home I lose it. I start eating everything in sight and can't say no to sweets.

I also can't seem to get myself back to the gym, I have a membership and loved going, but no matter what I tell myself I just can't get my butt in my workout clothes or to the gym.

Anyways...enough about me. I feel better just writing it all down and hopefully I will find something that flicks the switch and get me going.

Thanks for listening and I look forward to getting to know some of you!
Old 08-12-2003, 12:03 PM   #7  
Started IP 1/8/13

Wow - no one out here today

Good morning girls

I'm in my new apt! Moved on Sunday, I HATE moving, but luckily my family came up to help me with the big stuff like the sofa & mattresses - I like the new apt a lot and I have a roommate now which will help for expenses & things. Totally putting off cleaning the old place, the lease runs until 8/31/03 anyway so I'll have to head over one of these weekends...

Lynnie - those pics show a huge difference! Great job

Becky - way to go on the exercising - keep that up and the extra butterfingers won't make so much of a difference!

Kim - congrats on the baby-trying!

embarassing moments - the one that sticks out in my head is from a party i went to last year, where i drank just a little too much and ended up in a hot tub with a crowd of other not-so-sober people, and i ended up in bra & underwear since of course i didn't have a swimsuit with me ... there's nothing like having to face these people a few weeks later after you've been that drunk & half-naked... sigh...

but i swear i'm over it!

back to work, don't laugh too much at my story!
Old 08-12-2003, 12:03 PM   #8  
Proud Canadian

Morning everyone. My allergies are killing me today, I can barely breathe (OK so it doesn't help that my jeans are a little tight from my vacation over-indulgences.) Most embarassing...I have far too many to share but of course, they all involve me saying or doing something I shouldn't have. Gotta think on that one.
Becky - sounds like you're getting some great activity in...good job!
Kim - YAY!!! You're doing the right thing - you guys will have so much love to give a baby, I'm sure your doctor will be able to help you with a healthy eating plan while pregnant and then back on track when the baby's a few months old. Can't wait to hear that you're PG!
Jess - Any open areas in the office that you can request to move to?
Humber - Nice to meet you - We're birthday twins!!! It's my 29th tomorrow!!! This is a great site to get some support on. Keep going to the meetings and remember, nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
OK - they're opening the gate so I better get some stuff done. I'll check in later.
KT
Old 08-12-2003, 12:08 PM   #9  
Running Babe

Embarassing moments? I have too many to count hehe..

Still no kitty. I went to the Humane society yesterday and she wasn't there. I stuck posters around the neighbourhood last night. The walk actually did some good, and I guess I felt good that I was doing something productive about finding my cat. One of my roomates is avoiding me completely I think, though I saw him this morning... I think he thinks I am mad at him, I sorta am, but not about the cat; more about not telling me that my cat was gone, but I get over these things.

It's sad too right now in Ottawa, a young woman, about my age was murdered on one of our bike paths, so it's terribly sad and kind of scary at the same time. Poor thing though.

Jess: I find that time flies too when I am posting here... Sorry about your work situation; my new office is so quiet.

Kim: Congrats on trying... I so want kids..

Becky: Well at least the exercise is good, and that was equal to about 1 candy bar, it isn't so bad I don't think.

Humber: Howdy and Welcome... motivation fr many of us comes in waves... sometimes, I am supermotivated, other times, I am so not at all... Come and post and we can all try and help each other.

My eating hasn't been so bad though, all things considered. I have been falling under points and all... I will start going back next week, when the new program is launched, that may help my motivation.

Take care!

Ali
Old 08-12-2003, 12:14 PM   #10  
Started IP 1/8/13

Whoops posted "no one out here" right in the middle of all the posting so i'll just say a quick hey to everyone else and have to read them all in a little bit!
Old 08-12-2003, 12:33 PM   #11  

Thanks for the encouragement. I am really discouraged about my weigh-in tonight, but know that if I am going to be successful, I need to go to Weigh-ins and meetings no matter what.

So off I will go tonight...and I will try my best not to be upset by what the scale says.

SweaterGirl - I sent you a private message, but not sure how the work or anything like that, so I'm not even sure if you will get it. I was just asking if you would mind sharing your story with me. We have very similar stats and you seem to be around my age (and even in the same province...my sister actually lives in Ottawa) and I was hoping that hearing your story and how you achieved your goals my give me some encouragement and motivation.

Anyways...thanks again. I do look forward to posting and getting to know everyone.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:09 PM   #12  
A Yankee in Virginia

Welcome, Humber! Glad to have you join our group! I just realized that I've been coming here about three years. There are a few people around from back then ... I think Ali, and Tonya, and Belle's been here a while. This place has helped me so much, even when I wasn't really following WW or losing anything!

Ali: Maybe the posters will help you find your kitty. I'm hoping for you!

Hi Jess, KT, Angie ... where is Jayne? Did she go on vacation or something?
Old 08-12-2003, 01:15 PM   #13  
Eve's Mom

Humber - remember this - you're man is happy and in love with you right now, so it doesn't matter what you weigh at your wedding, he will see the most beautiful girl in the world! just focus on making lifestyle changes, and certainly use your wedding as motivation, but don't set unreasonable # goals. Have FUN planning your wedding, don't miss the fun b/c you are too obsessed with losing weight.

Off my soapbox!

Old 08-12-2003, 01:17 PM   #14  
Eve's Mom

Oh - to the rest of you HELLLOOOOOO - I Have to go to a meeting, so I can't chat but I wanted to greet Humber and give her some encouragement.

Kim- congrats!! My sister is 5 weeks along now and I am way excited! Have fun "trying" and may the baby force be with you!!

Love B
Old 08-12-2003, 02:17 PM   #15  

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the encouragement.

I spent my lunch hour giving myself an attitude adjustment. I went over to the local library (it's the only quiet place with tables I could think of) and wrote in my journal.

I gave myself two pages to whine and complain over all the terrible things that have happened this month and how crappy I've been feeling, etc.

Then I started a fresh page, looking for the silver lining about everything I had just complained about. I walked out of there much more positive, realizing that I am the one who is in charge of my weight loss successes. So, if it's to be, it's up to me! And that's all there is to it.

So, I'm working on the attitude this week and hopefully everything else will follow. I will not make it to the gym tonight and without making excuses, I am physically exhausted and my WI is tonight. Tomorrow night I have a baseball game, so I won't get to the gym, but I am going to do my very, very best to get up early and do my one mile WATP video.

Other than that, I will take it day by day, re-committing myself each day to my weight-loss efforts.

I know that my FH (future husband) loves me the way I am, of that I have no doubt. I'm just not happy with the way I am right now...but was feeling too hopeless to do anything about it. Now, I am starting fresh and am going to work at it...for myself. My goal is to be able to wear a bikini on the beach (we are getting married in the bahamas) so if that's what I want, I better work hard to get it. And that's all there is to it!

But thanks for the kind words and encouragement...it's greatly appreciated.
Closed Thread