Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-09-2015, 01:01 AM   #1  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Default Any tips for smelly feet? Warning: TMI!

On days I do a lot of walking or standing or anything active my feet just reek when I finally take my shoes off. I use baking powder in my shoes to absorb the smell and that works for those but my feet...holy crap are they bad! Especially on days I work because I work in retail and I'm standing, rushing, and stressed. I wash my feet daily and dry them well. I've taken to exfoliating and I use socks that breathe so my feet don't get too sweaty or wet. When I'm home I'm always bare foot. But after working out or work when I take my shoes off it's like something died. It's gotten quite embarrassing. Other than the stank my feet are clean. There's nothing gross going on, no infections or athletes foot.

Anyone have any good tips?
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:17 AM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

I have no tips to give you, my daughter has the same problem She has an office job and a retail job and is on her feet a lot...... She does as you do washes her feet as soon as she gets home, keeps he socks clean, powders, etc... Nothing seems to work....

I used to have the same problem when I was younger, my feet even stank when I wore open shoes if I stood or walked too long... I could be a hormonal thing when you're young? not sure...

Let me know if you find a trick and I'll pass it on to my daughter
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:41 AM   #3  
From Lazy to Light!

I definitely think it's hormone related because I've been having other issues related to my hormones and this problem is relatively new. Hormones, knock it off!
Old 07-09-2015, 09:43 AM   #4  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Years ago I worked for a doctor that suggested a patient soak her feet in water with steeped tea bags to combat oder. Something about the tannin in the tea was supposed to help. Might be worth a shot. If nothing else, it will probably feel nice just to get off your feet for a soak!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:45 AM   #5  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

You might have foot rot. If your feet start to get red sore, then that is what you have.

Regardless, the killer cure is tea tree oil. That fixed my foot rot years ago and it will absolutely destroy your foot odour. Dab it on your feet (most effective). Or soak them with some tea tree oil in water.

Last edited by IanG; 07-09-2015 at 09:47 AM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 01:28 AM   #6  

Yes tea tree oil can help with lots of things!

Perhaps try lemon? not sure if it'll be a strong enough natural remedy.
ab88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Washing with a zinc pyrithione soap or shampoo like Head & Shoulders and then using Gold Bond Medicated Powder on dry feet and in shoes can work wonders.

Both work as antimicrobials so they keep smelly yeasts and bacteria under control. The powder has a pretty strong medicated scent, mostly eucalyptus I think. At first it mostly just covers the smell, but with steady use, it seems to reduce, prevent and even improvethe smell.

When I was a teenager, my father and I both had killer foot stench, and using it really helped. I hated the smell and thought it only marginally better than the foot stink, but after a few weeks, my foot odor problem disappeared and never returned, even after I stopped using the powder. Dad has had to continue using it on and off, but even when he's not using it, his foot odor has never gotten as bad as before he began using the Gold Bond. He can now go barefoot without making anyone sock. His foot odor was really that bad.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 12:39 AM   #8  
From Lazy to Light!

Tea tree oil worked wonders. Only downside was that I finished off my bottle. It was nearly empty anyways, just a couple drops left. I'll have to pick up some more!
Old 07-11-2015, 12:50 AM   #9  
Earning back my muscles

S/C/G: 184/184/size 8

Height: 5'5

I used to have smelly feet when I wore sandals/mules to work all day with no socks, but socks fixed it, even though I look like a goober! I've heard white vinegar soaks work wonders until you get more TTO.
HIheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:23 PM   #10  
From Lazy to Light!

So I found that TTO put in a spritzer bottle and then sprayed onto inside of my my socks has made a huge difference. Glad I asked for your guys advice!
Old 07-26-2015, 06:39 PM   #11  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Another satisfied customer.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:05 PM   #12  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Oh, I'm embarrassed to say that was me once upon a time. I cured that problem forever by soaking my feet in a tub of hot bleach water for an hour (while watching a program). Instructions online say anywhere from 1 part bleach::3 parts water to 1oz bleach::1gal water. I used something close to the former. Truly, one soaking was a permanent cure. Also factoring in, I'm sure, was thorough laundering of socks and washable sneakers. I should mention that I do not have sensitive skin, esp on feet.

haha...just remembered my username! It's see, not smell! Not now, anyways!

Last edited by SeeMyFeet; 07-26-2015 at 08:07 PM.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote