Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 07-08-2015, 12:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 82/70.5/70kg

Height: 165cm

Default Rachel Taylor - Facebook & Offence

Ok this has probably already been posted but what are your thoughts on this trending FaceBook News article regarding the woman who took offence that 2 other women talked about a shirt soo big they could both fit in it.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcn...-s#.aclYGklW8d

Personally I don't think it was offensive but rather that they could fit into a larger top combined. The conversation was not pointed out at the woman in question.
dimmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

All I can figure is that the woman who was offended felt bad about her size and that's why she reacted that way. The mother and daughter did not say anything negative toward her, nor did they say anything negative about plus size people. They said the shirt was huge. On the daughter, and whoever the friend was whom she mentioned she could fit into it with, it probably was huge. I wear an extra large, an EXTRA large, and on my small-sized daughter, who also likes to shop at Old Navy, anything I would wear would be HUGE. It's a fact. Why would I feel offended by mere facts? I don't understand why she took strangers' comments about the size of a shirt as offensive. I do like that she felt better after she tried it on, because she did rock it!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 07-10-2015 at 10:42 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 01:19 AM   #3  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

While I do think we need to be careful how we phrase things in life because words really can do lasting damage, like others have said this wasn't directed at her. She let her insecurities about her body make it personal. Now I can't really judge because I would do the same damn thing! I would feel really upset if I heard something like that because I do have poor body image.
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote