Old 07-06-2015, 10:50 PM   #1  
Do everything in love.

S/C/G: 420/305.4/145

Height: 5'9"

Talking Here I am... again.

Hi all!

Starting in 2011, I lost 132lbs after being diagnosed with nonischemic cardiomyopathy in 2008 and over the last few years I've gained back 32lbs. I have an insane and exhausting schedule, so I lost focus and fell. I realized recently that, had I stuck it out, I'd be at or near my goal weight by now. That was a sobering realization. I've been back to eating healthy and exercising for about a month now and making sloooooooooooooow progress. I'm 31 now, and it seems to be taking twice the effort with half the results this time around compared to my late twenties.

I'm going to a concert at Red Rocks in about a month, and I am so looking forward to it. I just happen to be going with a very fit friend, and I want to be able to enjoy myself. I realize I'm not going to lose 150+lbs in a month, but it would be good to not be such a sweaty, huffing mess. I'm trying to focus on that as my first foreseeable goal motivator.

I'm back on this site because I love seeing everyone's progress and think it's so encouraging to surround myself with people with the same struggles and successes.
ohlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:17 PM   #2  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohlove View Post
Hi all!

Starting in 2011, I lost 132lbs after being diagnosed with nonischemic cardiomyopathy in 2008 and over the last few years I've gained back 32lbs. I have an insane and exhausting schedule, so I lost focus and fell. I realized recently that, had I stuck it out, I'd be at or near my goal weight by now. That was a sobering realization. I've been back to eating healthy and exercising for about a month now and making sloooooooooooooow progress. I'm 31 now, and it seems to be taking twice the effort with half the results this time around compared to my late twenties.

I'm going to a concert at Red Rocks in about a month, and I am so looking forward to it. I just happen to be going with a very fit friend, and I want to be able to enjoy myself. I realize I'm not going to lose 150+lbs in a month, but it would be good to not be such a sweaty, huffing mess. I'm trying to focus on that as my first foreseeable goal motivator.

I'm back on this site because I love seeing everyone's progress and think it's so encouraging to surround myself with people with the same struggles and successes.
BACK!!
Congratulations on the weight that you have lost so far! I know you've said you've regained some of that, but you still have lost a pretty incredible amount Good luck on your journey. I know that when I have something to look forward to, I tend to stay on plan. Just try not to put too much pressure on yourself. again, good luck and congrats
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:30 PM   #3  
Do everything in love.

S/C/G: 420/305.4/145

Height: 5'9"

Thank you! It's actually a kind of relief to be getting back on track. I just have to keep putting my health first, especially when I get back into the school year and have trouble finding the willpower and focus this endeavor takes.
ohlove is offline   Reply With Quote