South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 06:34 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Clucks and Chat - July 2

Good morning from dry-ish and sunny Delta. We have not had rain since 6 PM yesterday and that suits me fine. The fireworks display on Big Rideau Lake went ahead as planned and Canada Day has been properly celebrated for the year.

Today is cleaning-person day and Sierra will be here around 11. She certainly is not as good as her Mother so I will have to work with her today and point out a few things. Being 22 is part of the problem. It's just small stuff like vacuuming only the surface of the sofa, not lifting the cushions and doing underneath.

I've been decluttering madly. Having to clear out china cabinets etc. was a great revelation! Next on the list will be the kitchen cupboards. I have a tall pantry cupboard with lots of expired packaged foods - like sf Jello and things like tapioca and lard! Why do I still have lard? I've not made a piecrust for years and when I do it's made with butter.

So this will be a pretty domestic day with a short visit to the Mill, house stuff and then some garden tidying. I might even work in a bit of quilting or sewing.

How does your day look from this early perspective? Not good? Another coffee will help.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

I can't complain about my day, Ruth, even though it's grey and cloudy again. At least it's Thursday-my-Friday.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:01 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I've been a bit distracted. Bing is not doing well. I spent time with the pup yesterday morning weighing the options since his cardiologist is out of state. I finally decided I wanted her colleagues opinion so made the call for appt. They couldn't get me in, except via emergency, but said my vet had requested my #. Sure enough she called and we discussed option #2, since #1 was put him on oxygen and overnight him at the clinic. He has some new pills and I have her cell#. I can text her any time and will send his vitals in the morning and she will reevaluate.. Wow! This young woman is half my age and is a rockstar! Anyway, the pup does show a little improvement and I kept my massage appt. that helped. I'm pretty sure at this point we are in the final stages of congestive heart failure with Bing. One day at a time. He and Kirk certainly want to spend a little time together. I won't let him suffer.

So I need to leave here between 830 and nine to go to the airport and I will just do some picking up before then. Nothing too crazy.

Happy Thursday everyone! Waving to all!
Old 07-02-2015, 07:28 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Oh Debbie, that is so hard, but your vet sounds awesome! Hope Kirk's journey home goes smoothly and the new medicine helps the pup.

We have a beautiful morning and no rain in the forecast for the next 5 days!!!! After breakfast, and more coffee, I will see if DH wants to take a walk while things dry out a bit and then hit the gardens. I make myself spend time in the veggies first since I could get lost in the perennials for a solid week if I let myself. There is always plenty to do.

Ruth, I'm impressed and jealous of your decluttering and thinning. I'm hoping it won't be too long before the boys are "adults" and I can purge a few more of their childhood things.

Cottage, enjoy your Friday!

I think I'll start some laundry before I refill my cup. Have a good day, chicks!
Old 07-02-2015, 08:53 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Another round of thunderstorms last night did I mention how sick I am of rain. Our building at work flooded so most of the building is closed including the cafe of course we are dry in our suite. Told my guys to order staff pizza for lunch, glad I am not in office today. I am going to work for a few hours tomorrow so I don't have to take a vacation day.

Ruth so glad that it dried up for you and yesterday went well. My 11 year is so into HGTV that she has motivated her sister into reorganizing their room. I am ordering a loft bed for their room so they can put a sofa under it.

Cottage glad today is your Friday

Debbie so sorry to hear about Bing, glad the meds are helping. You most be excited to see Kirk this morning

Beth I am already planning what I want to do with DS room when he moves out, now it is just a matter of when will it happen lol.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-02-2015, 11:07 AM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Oh Debbie, I'm so sorry about your doggie. At least Bing will know he's loved and hopefully you get a little more quality time with him. It's so hard. Praying for you and Bing.

Had a hard time going to sleep last night for the first time in months, even with my essential oils. I was still up after 1 this morning, so slept in later than I meant to. Getting everything together to hit the store today since all the crazies will be off tomorrow for the holiday and I don't want to fight that mess. Kind of have a sinus thing happening, left side of my head hurts, left jaw, left ear is crackley. It's gorgeous here but that's the price I pay.

Everyone have a great day! I'm off to get food!

Lisa
Old 07-02-2015, 11:47 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 2"

Sounds as if several of us need more than Coffee this morning.

Lisa, understand how hard the next day is without sleep. Clear over here the evil monster of "no Sleep" was hitting me.

Debbie, May you enjoy Kirk being home, may Bing have a bit more time with each of you, and may that massage put you in mood for whatever.

PearlRose Flooded building, thank goodness you are home today.

Beth, Don't be too sure you will be purging your son's stuff very soon. One daughter still has stuffed animals, And her tax returns in our attic and she is over 40!!!

Ruth, decluttering is so satisfying and seeing what we get rid of can be a real moral booster.

Rain, again. We have mushrooms growing in our back yard from all the constant rain. Doesn't the weatherman know it is July and we need a break?

Sandy
Old 07-02-2015, 03:08 PM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

Hello, All. Always good to know that you are here even when I am not!

I am waiting for DD1 to return from Dallas - she has been gone for 5 days for a school competition, and you would think she had left for the college the way I have been carrying on . . .

Be well!
Closed Thread