Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2001, 01:38 PM   #1  
imaleader

Hi. Don't know where my other post went on this subject, but here are the new calculations for Bakers Cookies which we all love so much. You should know that they are all now smaller (by 1/2 ounce, reduced from 4 ounces to 3.5 ounces making them formerly, 4.00 per pound, they are now $4.50 per pound. Additionally, there is much less fiber in them (for those of us who were used to eating tree bark (LOL) to stay thin... well, we'll develop other coping skills. They are higher in calories now too, and have more fat. Here are the points:

3 points= None (remember when in the OLD program we all thought the fruit and nut were only 1 point?!_

4 points = Pumpkin Spice, Ginger Molasses

5 points = Fruit and Nut; Mocha chip; Double Chocolate Chip; Apple Cinnamon, oatmeal Raisin and Banana Walnut.

6 points = Peanut butter.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
VEGAN COOKIES (as far as I'm concerned, the others can be considered VEGAN as well, since no dairy or eggs are included in those recipes either. Whatever.)

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip: 6 points
Chocolate Chip; Oatmeal Fruit: 5 poings
In spite of this, I just placed an order for 6 dozen. Enjoy, everyone!

Last edited by imaleader; 03-15-2001 at 10:03 AM.

Old 03-14-2001, 06:40 PM   #2  
REC

www.bakersbox.com is having special prices for ordering the new flavors before 3/31.

imaleader--please let us know how you like the new recipes. I'm especially interested in the "filling-ness" of the new cookies. Also, I calculated the oatmeal raisin as 5 points, using the 4 fiber cap maximum. Which one is right?
Old 03-14-2001, 06:49 PM   #3  

I never got to try these.. wish I could have before they changed recipes. I had heard they were good.

Brian
Old 03-15-2001, 09:56 AM   #4  
imaleader

REC: You are absolutely right. The oatmeal raisin is indeed 5 points. My mistake. All other calculations are correct... Good catch! I will edit the list.

Old 03-15-2001, 01:24 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

I'm curious as to how the new recipe is going to taste. I'll order some of the new ones and then make a judgment as to whether or not I'll re-order.
Old 03-15-2001, 09:54 PM   #6  

I'm new around here. What are baker's cookies? I see the addy for their web-site, but I mean are they just a diet cookie or something? TIA
Old 03-15-2001, 09:58 PM   #7  

I was furious this morning when I got the message from Anytime Gifts (where I order my cookies from on line) that the cookies had changed in response "to customer demand." WHO WOULD EVER request that they be made smaller and fattier and more expensive?

I loved them just the way they were...
Old 03-16-2001, 09:47 AM   #8  
Dragon Diva

I was SO disappointed when I heard that they changed the recipe, and I told them so. I won't be ordering any more. Now how to make my "stash" last as long as possible....
Old 03-16-2001, 06:26 PM   #9  

I don't think the request was to make them smaller and fattier. I think the request was to make them accountable and accurate. With the new FDA approved nutritiion lables smacked right on the package. They can't lie about calories, fiber grams, fat grams, etc. Now we know that what we see is what we get. And I can truly appreciate that. Where I discontinued buying them before, because I knew they were putting what ever they felt like on those flyers - I immediately placed an order now that I know I can trust them and I feel comfortable with the information their giving out.
Old 03-17-2001, 04:57 PM   #10  

Garfield,

I agree -- they were always more fattening than they led us to believe -- there are threads on this site just devoted to that discussion. If there were ANY OTHER way to get them I would -- I feel so betrayed by them. But like a junkie, I've really come to depend on them as a quick breakfast (I eat half all at once, then the other half throughout the rest of the morning or I save it for the evening.). It stil remains a great way to get in a chocolate fix at 2 (now 2.5) pts for a half -- because it does take awhile to eat.
Closed Thread