South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 07:11 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Good Thursday Morning - June 25

And six months from today .... Aaaaarrrgggghhhh!!!! I feel as if the summer is slipping away and am not sure how to grab hold of her. Silly because it's just started but...

Yesterday was another comedy of errors - I'll spare you the details but it involved meeting time errors, a lost (and found) wallet, dumb management tensions, yet another dead bird showing up at the Mill and printer cartridges that don't seem to fit. My Keurig also refused to use some non-K cups.

Today I plan to be on-the-road picking up as much of the Fair schoolwork that is ready. There will be more tomorrow. This is good in a way as I can avoid checking in at the Mill. Just checked the weather and rain is expected today so I'll take large plastic bags with me on my rounds.

First though, I need another coffee and then get the darned print cartridges into the printer. We are having a Fish Fry July 4th and need to put on a blitz of advertising!

Happy Thursday. And Trash Day - I forgot!
Old 06-25-2015, 07:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ruth glad yesterday is over for you. I too would be frustrated.

Nothing new on the agenda. Today before work is my annual mammogram and ultra sound. Let's hope nothing will need to be biopsied this year. Smoothie done now onto coffee and bills.

Have a great day
Old 06-25-2015, 07:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! And I have COFFEE! Yesterday, I had to wait while my DS drove around the area, looking for someplace that was open to bring us all a cup. We do have instant, and Jake was keeping a pan of water hot on the BBQ grill for it, but I passed. I can't stomach that instant stuff.

We finally got power back around 3am this morning, after losing it Tuesday afternoon during the devastating storm that slammed through here. It looks like a war zone for miles in every direction, with huge trees and power lines down, and a lot of roads closed off. We only lost power, so we can consider ourselves lucky. I do think we may look into getting a generator, though.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow Cottage, the storm wasn't nearly as bad here. Must've gained strength before it got to you! Glad you have your power back on and some good coffee. You'll have to get a generator so you can run the coffee maker (and maybe the refrigerator .

Jennifer - hope your visit shows nothing exciting. I guess I should have that done, but have skipped it with everything else going on (and I'm on the IBTC...Itty bitty...committee...LOL....)

Ruth - I hope you have a boring day sometime

It's my day off! Only a couple of things scheduled. Tuesday was a bit too crazy, so I hope to keep it low key today. I should try to get my kids out so they keep busy - it is beautiful out there right now!

Have a great one!
Old 06-25-2015, 08:37 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Yesterday at work was great had great news for staffing and soon I will be fully staffed again. Today the sun is shining but you don't want to step outside as its in the 90's and humid. Still looking forward to this week they are keeping to their prediction of 80 degree weather and no rain.

Ruth I hope your day is better today

Jekel hope your mammo goes well

Cottage yikes that must have been some storm. We bought one after the storm that knocked out our power for 3 days in 2006. I guess buying one has kept the power on because we have not used. (knock on wood)

Tywnn enjoy your day off

Have a great day everyone
Old 06-25-2015, 09:33 AM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

My head..... still..... SBD Flu, go away!!! I must have really needed to detox!

Anyone else tired of rain and ready to build an ark? That's about all I have so far today. I work the late shift so we slept in. Gotta hit the shower and get moving. Have a great day girls!

Lisa
Old 06-25-2015, 03:54 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon, ladies.

Well, it's officially summer break for me. We had a half day today which only consisted of a staff breakfast and the good-bye speeches for departing staff, which made it a pleasant day. Of course, someone foolishly raised their hand when the request went out for a volunteer to organize the breakfast...Ruth, maybe I live too close to you and your civic-mindedness is rubbing off! Anyway, things went off smoothly although there was a certain amount of rushing around this morning.

Cottage, what a storm!! I could never figure out if it is better to lose power in the warm weather when there's more daylight or in the winter when it's dark but the porch can double as a frig! Probably the answer is "neither". Glad you could have real coffee this morning. Does instant even count as coffee?

Ruth, what a couple of days for you! Pick one of these rainy days and turn off the phone while you read, sip tea and pet the dogs.

Lisa, Tuesday we had massive downpours while I was proctoring exams and I made the ark comment to my colleagues. We are all tired of it.

Jennifer, hope your day was uneventful.

Pearlrose, hooray for full staffing!!!

Tammy, I wish you a relaxing day.

Have a good evening, chicks.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:54 PM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

We got right to work this morning so we could leave at lunchtime to play. I never did get online.

Cottage - wow, glad your power is back.

The rain is still missing us. I had to water again tonight. What a crazy year (someone says that every year!).

See you in the morning Chicks
Closed Thread