Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 09:34 AM   #1  
Uber-Moderator!!

Thumbs down LWL #115 - Week of 11 Aug 2003

Just starting a new week's thread before I hit the shower!!!

Hope everyone had a super weekend... I sure did!
Old 08-11-2003, 10:51 AM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

Good mornin' Goils

I had a great workout this morning.... LEGS!! I'm gonna be sore tomorrow I already am actually.... Meg are you sore yet? I was sending you some :vibes: lemme tell ya...

I finally found a way to get my Omega fat in... I don't like the taste of the Essential Balance that I have it's like UDO's... so the other day I mixed 1 tablespoon with 2 tablespoom of lite syrup to put on my PanCake, and WOW it was delicious, and I couldn't even taste it, or barely taste it anyways...

Food was 100% perfect yesterday and so far today it is too... I start a new Challenge today, another 12 week stint... it's BFL basically...

See y'all laters...
Old 08-11-2003, 11:17 AM   #3  
Student of the Hoof

G'morning and happy Monday, everyone

This week will be my big attempt to get back into working out. Between getting into the horses and hanging at the stable, the trip up to Kentucky, my daughter actually starting work at the stable, and finding my new horse - well .. yeah .. I haven't been working out. So now we have my daughter on a working schedule, I think I'll be doing Tue, Thu, Sat and Sun for workout days. I've been missing it, but it's scary going back after what, a month of not doing it? I don't even want to think about the running.

Hope everyone's Monday is going great!
Old 08-11-2003, 01:32 PM   #4  

Hi all! I'm back from a mini-vacation down to our sailboat.

Congratulations on ALL your successes!

Meg, so good to see you back posting and hope your recovery gets easier each day. You brought smiles here with your sense of humor. And many THANKS! for answering my arm question. I will try it and hope it works. Also going to try Jergens Skin Firming Lotion!

Well, gotta get busy so I hope everyone is having a healthy and safe day. Happy Monday!

dip
Old 08-11-2003, 01:33 PM   #5  

Talking Goals for the week

It's been the start of a great Monday! My goals for the week are as follows:

Be at the gym by 3:30 a.m. every morning
Get in 30 minutes of cardio and abs before weight training
Workout with weights 5 times this week with emphasis on leg training twice.
Eat 5-6 clean meals daily
Drink 3 liters of water daily
Take my supplements
Overcome obstacles by replacing old habits with positive behaviors

Hope everyone has a fantastic week!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2003, 06:38 PM   #6  
Uber-Moderator!!

Eeeeccchh just NOW getting a chance to post...getting ready for yet another series of meetings starting TOMORROW!

I need to 'review' last week's thread...haven't had a chance this weekend...but I DID see that RavenToy has bought a horse!

While I'm nowhere NEAR ready to buy yet (costs MAJOR $$$'s around here to keep a horse...) this weekend I fell in LOOOOOOVE...and I have a MAJOR crush on one of our barn horses - a gorgeous bay Arabian gelding named Dakota - got to ride him on Saturday during my lesson and he has a trot and canter to DIE for...his canter is like floating on air - what a rush

I *was* going to take a photo of Dakota yesterday when Jim and I went for our Sunday Visit to the stables...but the batteries were LOW so I'll have to make do with this photo from his horse-show days - this was taken in 1999:

Keeping my fingers crossed that I can part-lease this boy...he has SUCH a wonderful disposition - and his owner is way cool too!

Gotta get back to work...then after work, hitting the Human Oven and gulping down a big salad...yummers...
Old 08-11-2003, 07:35 PM   #7  
cookies are for browsers

Hi Everybody,

Wow, gorgeous horses!!! I am so jealous.

Having a bad day today, horrible headache, unbearable really, so ended up really low on calories and ate a small hamburger at lunch just to get some protein that wouldn't make me barf. I did get a great lower body workout done today, so that is good news. Also good news, coworkers that I haven't seen in a while (different office) are telling me that I have totally lost weight. Not exactly true, but I AM smaller! Feels like I'll probably end up a 300 lb size 8.... Will do best to get a good clean dinner tonight.

Raventoy, congrats on your progress! YOu are really rocking, and I know your new enthusiasm is going to do nothing but good.

I hope you all are doing well for a Monday! Take care and post soon.
Old 08-11-2003, 10:09 PM   #8  
cookies are for browsers

Default belated 3fc anniversary!

Hey alll,

here I am, I am feeling better, though my calories are barely squeaking in at 1510.

I just noticed that I registered at 3FC on August 4, 1999. The most recent post I can find that has my weight on it says I weighed 209. Wow. I cannot believe I have been here 4 years. I wish I could post something like Meg's anniversary, but no such luck. I am heavier now because I kept trying to do things that don't work for me. Weight watchers, fasting, counting calories (tho I still do that) and eating healthy alone don't get the fires going like working out. I think the WW activity things like 20 minutes of walking is your activity for the day really did a number on my metabolism. I need so much more!! But lifting weights.... well.... let's just say it's like a disco inferno of fat burning!!

Now I feel like I am on to something and I am at last looking healthy and feeling better.

Thank you all for being so great and supportive.

Jennifa
242/227/170

Last edited by jennifa; 08-11-2003 at 10:19 PM.
Old 08-12-2003, 04:13 AM   #9  
Crazy Candian in Aus

Default still around...

Hey girls... I also need to review last week's post.

I have been off the planet for a week, had some medical news, nothing terminal but do need to get it sorted out on Thursday, which will mean 2 weeks out of the gym. Just life I guess!

It is amazing how eating clean can keep you sane, even if you can't go to a gym. Just one of those curve balls of life I guess.

I am off to finish up some work at home tonight, I was on a course all day and then having only 2 days at work this week is a serious hit to my workload. Next week will be a bad one for the backlog... I really love real estate NOT!!!

Keep working my friends! And I love the fact I can come back to this group after being absent for a bit!

Nola.
Old 08-12-2003, 04:52 AM   #10  
Meg

Good morning, ladies! I’m excited because I got the go-ahead to try walking on the treadmill today! Because I’m still so swollen, my doctor thinks that exercise will push the fluids in my deep tissues to my kidneys (and out). I’m going to try for 15 or 20 minutes this AM at a very slow pace and see how that goes (I still have a good number of staples in my knees and thighs, so it takes me about three times as long to do anything) Ilene, your leg workout sounds like it was awesome and you can believe I was there with you in spirit! What are we doing today? And good luck on the new Challenge — that should take you through to about November, right?

Jennifa — you’ll see that I’m one of the originals around here too — I think I’ve actually registered at 3FC at least twice before, with all the server changes (I remember the Rt. 66 days, so it’s been a LONG time). So I spent a lot of years spinning my wheels too, with WW and gaining and losing and gaining. And, just like you, it didn't happen for me until I started lifting weights and seriously exercising. So I think you’ve found the magic combination now — weights, cardio, clean eating — and nothing is going to stop you, babe! In a year from now (or less) you’re going to be at your goal too — and I know that you are going to stay there forever because you and I are just going to keep on doing everything the same as we do now. Maintenance doesn't look any different than losing, so this is our new lifestyle — and I, for one, am loving it!

Hey Kanola — great to hear from you again! Since I’m pretty much out of the gym for a few weeks, I can totally relate to what you said about clean eating keeping you sane. I’m thinking that a few weeks off will actually be a good break for me and maybe for you. Good luck on dealing with the medical issues.

Have fun with the gorgeous horses, ladies!

Off to see if I can tie my own shoes!

Meg
Old 08-12-2003, 07:52 AM   #11  
Ilene the Bean

Meg -- Good for you to get the go ahead to do a bit of workouts. You were definitely there with me in spirit yesterday.... Today too I thought of you, I did shoulders, they were a bit weak, but I guess that's to be expected because I took a break last week. h I'm sorry I took that week off because we are going away next week to NiagaraFalls, and I usually never workout when we're away. I will try to go in on the weekend to make up for some time. The new challenge will take me to November just before Christmas!!!!! Christmas! what the heck is THAT!!!!

Nola -- Long time no see girl!!

Jennifa -- It's a wonderful thing when you realize what you can do to change your body with weights...

Today I go back to AquaFit, so that should be fun, then the usual day stuff... BORRRRING.... I'm looking forward to going away next week for the change of scene... My kids start school the week after that on the 26th of August!

Anyways girls I'm off, have a good day, and I'll be back later to check in....
Old 08-12-2003, 09:51 AM   #12  

Greetings all!! Welcome Back Meg, I hope you are recuperating well. Was the doctor able to give you anything for the fluid??? I hope the treadmill workout helps. You have been in my prayers.

Lanaii- Hope you enjoyed your litllt break from working out, and hope that you are not feeling it too badly in your legs and shoulders. You seem to be in great shape!!!!

ilive- your goals for this week look great!!

Raventoy and Mrs Jim- Have fun with those beautiful horses!!!

Nothing new really going on over here. My gym re-opened after two week; thank God I can get back on track. I took a little break from working out myself, but unlike Lanaii, cannot afford to do so. Well, it's good to be completely back on track. Work is already crazy and chaotic this morning, so I will check in later. Have a great Tuesday!!
Old 08-12-2003, 10:34 AM   #13  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Meg, I have been posting here forever too, and doing my share of wheel spinning as well. I guess I am the eternal optimist because I am still believing that I will eventually get it right. Illene I started a new BFL challenge on Sunday too. It will take us into mid-Nov. which will also coincide w/ the big 5-0 for me. Sigh! I am trying to add a new strategy for this challenge. I am graphing my weight and writing out bi-weekly weight goals. I am in this to lose lbs.! I know that muscle helps that along and I am ready and willing to build muscle, but the bottom line is lbs. lost for me at this stage of the game. I haven't tracked calories for a time but I gather that some of you feel this is the way to really keep track of cause and effect. Am I right on this? I hate doing it, but am considering that this might be helpful to reach my goal. My only tweak to BFL is to cut down to 5 meals a day w/ the option of the 6th if I am ravenous and a free meal instead of a free day. I am also trying to get in a little cardio every day. Meg, your post directed to me from a couple weeks past keeps resonating. Why not expect to lose 2 lbs. a week? That is playing on my mental tape recorder these days.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the end of summer. If there are any other Johnny Depp fans amongst us - "Pirates of the Caribbean" is a JD feast! D and I loved it and keep in mind that he based his character on Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones.

Drink your water!!!!

Last edited by ledom; 08-12-2003 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:02 AM   #14  
Meg

Hi Ledom! You know, there’s a LOT of us who have been at this weight-loss thing our whole lives. I think we almost brainwash ourselves into thinking that we’ll never be able to do it because we have such a long track record of failure. For me, it ended up almost like “going through the motions” — I knew I wasn’t happy being fat, I knew I didn’t ever want to give up the dream of getting rid of the weight, so I’d rejoin WW for the thousandth time — because that’s all I knew to do to lose weight.

But I never BELIEVED that it would work, since it never had before. For me, it took something that was radically different (exercise—cardio and weights) — and pretty strict (the diet) — that gave me results right away and really let me BELIEVE that this time — of all the hundreds of times — it would work. And it worked because I decided that this time I would not quit until I reached my goal. Kind of like I reached a point in my life that — hello — I was 46 years old and decided that I had spent quite enough time screwing around. I wanted to LIVE the life I had always dreamed of — Thoreau has a great quote to the effect that his greatest fear was to come to die and realize that he had never lived. That was my greatest fear too.

Personally, I have to track calories and weigh and measure and all that stuff — still do every day. Otherwise I am way over where I should be with calories, even if it’s all clean food. But I’m used to it now and it doesn’t bother me (and I have four sets of measuring cups and spoons and an awesome little digital scale).

Meg
Old 08-12-2003, 11:24 AM   #15  

Well I am back from my vacation and I wasn't as strong as Meg was on hers. I ate some things I shouldn't have and I did indulge in some spirits. Now I am paying for it. I am sick and so is DH. He stayed home again today but I had to drag myself back into work. I was going to make this my 6th week of BRx but since I screwed up last week I am going to make this week 5. Hopefully I can redeem myself.

Meg glad to see that you are back and in action!

My head is hurting so I can't type for much longer.
Closed Thread