Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-21-2015, 09:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Starting/Current Weight: 278

Height: 5'8

Default Breaker Breaker

I'm Dany. I'm 20, and I'm 278 pounds. I'd really love to lose some weight before my 21st birthday. I just got a job, so I'm going to have a regular schedule and I'm hoping I'll be able to get into some good routines and eating habits, including exercising in the morning. My doctor wants me on a diet that's 15 grams of carbs per day, but it's a really strict regimen to stick to, so I'm going to see if I can lose the 10 pounds she wants me to lose some other way. So. Keeping my fingers crossed.
MuchAdoAboutDany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 07:29 AM   #2  
Yoyo Master

S/C/G: 182/175/130

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! Wishing you all the best with your new job. Schedules can definitely help, just don't let yourself get too hungry. They can also be exhausting. More doctors are starting to get on the low carb wagon, it's actually cool that yours is. I wouldn't focus too much on the fact that your doctor recommended a 15 carb/day diet, that's pretty close to impossible. But definitely look into it, read Dr.Atkins and Dr. Bernstein, and there are so many others. There are tons of videos on YouTube that can motivate a low carb diet. Anything by Drs Phinney and Volek, and more.

Give it a go
Alright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:02 PM   #3  
Fat Free, Sugar Free

S/C/G: 187.4/164/140

Height: 5' 3"

hi Dany, welcome! A routine will certainly help... keeping busy also helps me not be tempted by food (when I'm bored) good luck! try to have lots of small meals so you are always satisfied and don't get too hungry. Good luck!
CheesecakeBrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:22 PM   #4  
Started IP 7/12/2015

S/C/G: 283/264/170

Height: Height: 5'6

Welcome and good luck to you! I am in a similar position but have a lot more to lose. You can do it! This forum is a treasure as there is so many tips and tools to help. Best of luck!
AliciaJ703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Dany! Wow, 15 grams is extremely low-carb. I don't know why that would be necessary. My diet plan focuses on slow-burning carbs rather than the number of carbs and I'm losing just fine, and I'm 54! Just about any diet plan will have you losing 10 lbs fairly quickly. Take a look in our Diet section and see if there's a plan that you think looks like something you can live with and do long-term. Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

WELCOME DANY!!!
First off, congrats on the new job! Hope it's a good fit for you, that you are successful & enjoy what you do.
I know about the dear ole doctor advising you to drop the lbs. Mine did the same about a month ago. He didn't put me on any restrictions, just to eat healthier, move more & swap out the sodas I love for water/tea. So far I'm down 13 lbs. I do look at carbs, but what I do more of is making sure I get plenty of fruits/veggies, cut way back on things that are fried/starchy, look for things that are lean (chicken/turkey), watch my sodium (I have HBP) & make sure that I drink plenty of H2O.

Getting into a routine of exercising is spot on! Start out with what is comfortable, even if it's just walking 10-15 mins. a day & then build on it from there. Remember you didn't get to your current weight overnight, so it's not going to come off that way. Sad to say. Also maybe plan to exercise every other day or what ever works into your schedule, because some days are crazier than others. You can also "work out" through out the day: Like if you need to talk to someone, walk to where they are (if you can) & talk instead of calling them. Take a short walk on your breaks. It all adds up.
You didn't say when you see your doctor, but your goal is definitely do-able! I think with some simple changes you can loose that 10 & probably more. Won't it be nice to show the doctor? I know that is one thing I'm looking forward to in Nov.!!!

GOOD LUCK!! I'm right there with you!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 235/235/170

Height: 5'9

Welcome! I'm new here too I hope this forum becomes a great place for us!
Amzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 04:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 228 / 217/ Lose the next pound

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome Dany! You've come to the right place. Just started here about a week ago and see that there are some amazing people here.

Getting started was the first step. Good Luck!
UncleRodge is offline   Reply With Quote