South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 07:26 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend! Yippee! June 20 and 21

Pea soup fog earlier this morning but the sun has burned it off and we have a beautiful morning.

I'm off to get bread for the Mill and to pick up Matt who really wiped out on his bike the other day when going home. Poor guy has rainbow bruises and is really hurting but he insists on coming in. Today is Milling Day and we really need him so ... that all goes well since I'll be driving without my wallet which I left at Book Club last night.

Today is also the day that the pile of "stuff" gets hauled away from the boathouse. The pile is almost the size of the Island which must be higher in the water now. I "garnished" the pile with my Keurig. Even if I could fix it, I'd always think of the ants when I had my coffee. The one I ordered is ready for pickup in town. The email arrived on my PC about the same time I was driving past the store yesterday afternoon. I may pop in and pick it up tomorrow when they open at 9.

Liz just messaged me that she brought my tote bag and wallet home from Book club and will take it to the Library when she starts work at 10. Whew! Now to plan my route for bread and Matt pick-up by the back roads to avoid any chance of cops!

Have a lovely Saturday! "Make it so."
Old 06-20-2015, 07:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

I saw you starting today's thread, Ruthie, so I waited for you to post so we wouldn't have to merge. That was nice of Liz to pick up your tote and wallet for you, and poor Matt! I hope he doesn't feel too sore.

I'm enjoying my coffee before I get decked out for our Red Hat event today. We're having a tour and lunch at a winery. Wine tastings!
Old 06-20-2015, 07:37 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Ruth! I hope your day goes smooth and I'm glad that your wallet is going to be retrieved soon! Poor Matt! Working on the bike is never any fun. Glad he wasn't hurt worse!

I am enjoying a cup of coffee and then I am going to get started in the yard again. It's less than two weeks now until Kirk comes home and I have to go to Glenwood on my next days off so I'm going to make this day productive. I have many unfinished projects in the yard and I intend to finish old projects before I start any new today. I'll be back when it's time for another cup of coffee!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-20-2015, 07:59 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 2"

Good Morning to all and may this day be a good one!

Debbie Kirk will certainly be able to notice all the work you have done when he comes home.

Ruth Taps for the Keurig. May all trash welcome it as a fellow sufferer.

Cottage What is Red Hat? I remember someone putting that with their name at our church but never thought to ask.

At 7:00 am I was out in our neighborhood walking and before I went 1/4 mile the sweat was pouring down my face. Completed my 3/4 mile. Trying to walk minimum of 5,000 steps a day and the walk makes the difference.

DH has static in his retrieved hearing aid. We drive over 90 minutes next Friday to the man who hopes to be able to "fix it" Meanwhile, anyone on his right will not be heard.

Enjoy this Saturday and Sunday. Sandy
Old 06-20-2015, 08:01 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! We have a refreshing 62* but clear blue skies; it should be a glorious day! (made more so by the fact I don't have to go to work )

Ruth, glad you are getting your wallet back quickly. Have a good day.

Cottage, enjoy your lunch. Sounds delightful.

Debbie, I am sure you will make great progress on your projects; you always do!

Not sure what is on the agenda today: groceries? gardentime?...more coffee!

ETA: good morning, Sandy!

Last edited by Beth19; 06-20-2015 at 08:02 AM.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Beth I am with you. Afro once I have the weekend off!!! Boy do I need it. I don't even care about the projected rain.

Linda have fun at your Red Hat outing

Ruth we have all misplaced our wallet, keys etc. Glad your friend retrieved them from you. I know the pain of wiping out on a bike. Hope Matt heals quickly.

Debbie I bet you will be happy to have Kirk home soon. Yes he will definitely see all your hard work I. his absence.

Love2garden great job getting your walks in! I've been slacking in this area this month.

Had a rough couple of days with Coconut. What I thought was just an upset tummy, quickly took a turn. Poor little guy had a very bad flare up from Colitis. Joey got home from work and called me to say Coconut doesn't look good. Normally my DS doesn't even realize we have dogs lol. Called my vet (literally a 1/4 of a mile from my house) begged for the to see him, kept getting put on hold, finally the receptionist told me the vets just don't want to see any more patients today! Called my ex husband's vet, explained everything, was put on hold, Was told get here as soon as you are able Dr Swanson will wait for you. Guess who is our new vet He even called me to explain what he did and reassure me Coconut would be OK. He even got him to eat, as he put it "special vet ice cream." DS has been giving him the medication without fail. Maybe DS is finally starting to admit he likes Coconut. Coconut isn't very nice to him lol

More coffee anyone?

Last edited by jekel383; 06-20-2015 at 08:48 AM.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

There is a festival all weekend here and I am going this afternoon with my mom for a few hours to help at the booth for my brother's charity. DH is putting in a stint tomorrow when I'm at work. It is going to be HOT! in the mid 90s. This morning I'm working on a small album of photos from our road trip before I get back to my much larger Ecuador album.

Have a great weekend.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:41 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning We camped in our yard again last night. We thought about going somewhere else, but with rain in the overnight forecast tonight it just doesn't sound worth it. I love camping, but I really hate packing out in the rain. Now we are off for a hike up a mtn, maybe two if we are up to it.

Last night's dessert triumph was strawberry rhubarb compote over vanilla banana soft serve. Not sure what was different, but the "ice cream" was so good even cricket agreed to eat some as long as there was no red stuff touching her part. I am such a fan of the banana soft serve. We have it several nights a week. It seems so decadent

Back tomorrow to catch-up. Happy weekend
Old 06-20-2015, 10:20 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Our kitty woke me up this morning, he thought I was sleeping too late It is still gray outside but I think there are only spot showers today. There was a lot of flooding yesterday and one of the roads I took for DD2 appointment had to drive sometimes in the other lane to avoid all the water on the road. Be glad when this storm system moves along.

Not sure what is the on the agenda today letting DH decide, the next town over has a June Jamboree our girls went last night for a couple of hours while rain held off but oldest said it was very muddy.

Ruth glad you will be getting your wallet back sooner than later and sorry to hear about Matt it must hurt

Debbie I am sure you will tackle all of your projects with all the energy you have

Cottage enjoy your outing today

Sandy great work getting your walk even though it's so hot

Beth enjoy your day

Jekel glad you were able to have Coconut seen by a vet

Karen have fun organizing your pics

Cyndi enjoy your hikes, did you post the recipes for the soft serve? I would like to try they sound yummy

Have a wonderful Saturday
Old 06-20-2015, 03:18 PM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

My mom and I worked in the community garden this morning. I'm amazed at how fast weeds grow!!! I picked our first red tomato today (a grape tomato) and picked peppers, cucumbers, and zucchini. We are going to have hundreds of tomatoes, and need to get stakes and trellis for the tomatoes and cucumber plant. Everything is looking good except we have one singular green bean so far, and a starter cantaloupe the size of a golf ball. Hoping the flowers produce!

Excited to have all these veggies!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (58.5 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by weezle; 06-20-2015 at 03:20 PM.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:45 PM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlrose View Post
did you post the recipes for the soft serve? I would like to try they sound yummy
There are several variations out there, and once you get the technique the sky is the limit. I freeze bananas, usually once they get spotty and sweet. I have the best success if I break the banana into about 8 pieces. Put 1-2 frozen bananas in a food processor and blend until it forms soft serve. I usually add a little liquid - either a couple of tablespoons of some kind of milk, a little vanilla, some juicy berries. Just scrape and watch until the texture is right. It really is the consistency of soft serve. I've added different nut butters, a little salt (think salted nut ice cream), cocoa (no extra sweetener needed, the bananas do it all), cocoa and a little strong coffee, berries, cinnamon, etc. You can also stir in things for texture once the blending is done - nuts, a few dark chocolate chips or cocoa nibs, etc. Last night I used a little extra really good vanilla (I make my own bourbon vanilla) and topped it with strawberry rhubarb compote. It was so good.
Old 06-21-2015, 07:01 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sipping my coffee on a cool and rainy morning, but it's supposed to be hot and steamy by noon, so I'll enjoy the refreshing breeze while I can!

It's church this morning since I got back too late to go to the Vigil Mass yesterday, but it was a fun day. We did get lost on our way to winery, which just added to the fun. I came home with only 2 bottles of delicious wine, a wonderful white Diamond, and a really good Blackberry that goes well with a bit of dark chocolate.

I treated my dad to lunch and gave him his card on Friday, so that leaves today open for my brothers to do something special with him for Father's Day. They'd better not forget! I offered to take Jake out for a nice steak dinner for his treat today, but he may be going over to NJ with DS to pick up a few pieces of furniture that Monica offered them, so I may get the day to myself.

Have a good Sonday, and remember to honor all the Fathers this day!
Old 06-21-2015, 07:40 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

We're coolish at 68ºF this morning and a bit of rain in the forecast. I'm hoping for a quiet day at The Mill after a hectic one yesterday. Bed sure felt good last night. Sundays are usually pretty quiet but I will be "on call".

I need an "at home" day. I had planned to go to town to get my new Keurig but may leave that until tomorrow when I have to do some running around anyhow with tags for schoolwork. My desk is crying for attention - Mill bills to pay and two more salary cheques to issue. My dear dogs are crying for attention too since I was away almost all day yesterday.

Thinking of my Dad a lot today. On this day 30 years ago Harry and I bought this house back into the family. I shall never forget the look on Dad's face when we told him why we were late for the Father's Day family dinner! Lot's of cherished memories.

Be sure to hug your Dad today - either physically or mentally!
Old 06-21-2015, 08:06 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Ruth's post had me in panic mode-thought I didn't pay one credit card that was due on the 18th. I interrupted my porch coffee experience to log on to the computer ready to call and beg for a one time forgiveness of the fee. Miraculously, I paid it on the 8th. I definitely run on auto pilot lol.

Linda, interesting to me to see here how the weather moves across the country. We've had a really hot streak going. I love how the rain nourishes the yard. Enjoy!

Ruth, I hope you don't get called in. I am amazed how much happens when I truly stay home for one day. I did that yesterday and finished all my yard niggles. Now to work inside.lol

Ok, I am headed back out for more coffee and yard enjoyment. I got lots done yesterday and the lawns are mowed, too....except one small patch which I missed, and of course is right near my coffee spot. Today will be crazy at work. $5. Ribeye breakfast for Dads.....Good for exercise and my wallet.

HAve a great day everyone!
Old 06-21-2015, 08:38 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks.
We have humid and overcast; rain overnight with thunderstorms in the forecast. I hope this morning to be able to go out between showers and plant a couple of things that are waiting: a friend gave me some sundrops and I bought some mint plants a few days ago. I know both can be considered invasive but I will pick spots where they can spread.

Then I need to top off my grocery list. And call my Dad!

I may also take DH shopping, he wants to look for a gas grill he can use when he wants to quickly do a couple of steaks and not wait for charcoal. Both types of grill have their pros and cons, maybe we should look at one of those combo deals? Anyway, I think there is a high likelihood we will find some on sale today!

Debbie, I'm sure your day will be busy; I guess it's better than one of those mind-numbing do nothing jobs. (For example, I always wonder about the toll collectors at the bridge; how dull must that be?)

Ruth, may your day give you room to breathe.

Cottage, enjoy your day.

I've got coffee cooling to make iced coffee. Yum.
Closed Thread