South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 06:50 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Fantastic Friday 6/12 Daily Chat

Good morning, chicks! I'm been scarce lately so I made it a priority to stop by this morning.

Anyone else awake? I have coffee!
Old 06-12-2015, 06:53 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

This is our last day of classes, although school will continue for 1 1/2 weeks of state exams. (The kids only come on test days) Could be a bit rowdy at work today.

We have thunderstorms on tap today but the weekend looks to be perfect weather for outside activities. With all this rain the veggie garden really needs to be weeded so that will be at the top of the list. I went grocery shopping last night so I wouldn't feel like I needed to go tomorrow. Usually my fridge is bare on Saturday morning.

Got to run. Have a great day, chicks!
Old 06-12-2015, 07:10 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

TGIF and happy Last Day of School, Beth. Need the coffee this a.m. as I did not sleep well at all for some reason. Part of it was having had a rather difficult day and I will spare you the details - just the usual running around "fixing" other people's goofs!

Today we have a big school visit on the Mill schedule and will be showing the children things like pulleys, blacksmithing and bread baking. Unfortunately there are t-storms in the forecast - in fact, it's raining now. I guess a picnic in the park is not going to happen. I must admit that, as I get older, I have less and less patience with kids. Anna also taught school and feels the same. Maybe it's an old lady thing.

I sound grumpy and need another coffee. Sorry.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

I wish you could come have coffee with me this morning, Ruthie, and I'm sure we could find plenty of things to laugh about and cheer you up.

Enjoy your day, Beth! Our kids' last day is Monday, and it's 1/2 day, but it's also an awards and party day, so the kids don't mind going too much.

Last night was Audrey's 8th grade formal, and I'm going to have to call her later to hear all about it. She was so excited! I had to leave early for a previous appointment and had to miss all the pre-party hoopla. They did promise me pictures!

I'm planning on lazing around the pool today since I don't have to go over to Dad's. He went to Minnesota for the weekend with my nephew. I will clean the house and strip the beds to account for my pool time first, though!

Tomorrow, Jake and I are heading over to Monica's for an overnighter. It's my DGD's end of the year Irish Dance SChool party, farewell to Carley party, and fundraiser, and my DGD, Caitlyn will be flying in from Wisconson, and my DD's soon-to-be husband is flying in from Illinois, so it will be a full house! It will be interesting, too, since Monica is almost all packed up for her big move out to Illinois the end of the month. But she assures us we'll all have places to sleep. it should be fun!
Old 06-12-2015, 07:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, I must be tired I didn't realize today is Friday. Seems as though I've inherited some of Ruth's schedule. Been running non stop since Sunday with no end in sight. I only have Sunday off this week due to training on Monday. I may need to order my groceries online and either pick up at the store or have them delivered.

The ceremony was nice. A lot of my work buddies were there plus my DS sister, Joe and my friend Meredith. The ceremony counted as work day number one. I did leave with some parting gifts, a cell phone and take home car. Day 2 I was told to volunteer at my new union's golf outing. Believe me actually going to work would have been easier lol. Today I need to go in early, pick up my work iPad and then actually report for my new assignment. No more early days as my new schedule I will be working 4-12. I am hoping to get myself in gear with my food choices and exercise ASAP. I've been stress eating and it shows.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:56 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Beth, thanks for the start up! I wish you would have called me and woke me up. I would've had coffee with you and wouldn't have slept so late.

There was a rockslide in Glenwood Canyon yesterday and hour after I went by which closed I 70 all day. My hope was to get out of here early and get home without a huge detour but my husband kept calling me from Alaska. The last time was 1 AM. Oh well.

I've got about 15 minutes of chores before I can get going here. In addition to rock Scott slide woes there's all kinds of road construction which can delayed by an hour and a half. I just want to get back over.

Happy Friday everyone! I will check in from the other side.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:14 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It was 79 this morning when I woke up that's a bit hot for exercising outside but I did it and sweated a lot

Beth my guys have been out of school for almost 3 weeks now but they go back middle of August.

Ruth hope the school kids tour goes well

Jekel sounds like you are ramping up for new position

Debbie hope your drive goes by quickly and without too many delays.

Someone asked what we do for a retreat at work and that is we go someplace to meet off site and do team building events. For yesterday that meant we went to a co-workers new place and used his apartments club room that had pool table, table tennis and fuzz ball and talked a lot and barbequed. We only do about once a year but it nice way to reinforce the team.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-12-2015, 01:59 PM   #8  

Afternoon CHicks!!

I've hardly been about - I launched my own training package, flew to Dallas to attend a company conference and was invited to put my training into the company's official package (and being compensated, naturally!!) so it's been CRAZY round here!

I also fell of the wagon in SPECTACULAR fashion whilst in the Lonestar State - I blame the airplane food! So it's back to Day 1 - only ths time I'm getting my book out and eating the exact meal plan. Then I have no excuses. Hello prawn salad, my old friend!

Our kids don't finish school for another month, but they go back later - start of september. I had hoped we'd be moved over to Florida by then, but it's not looking likely. I need to get my compnay turnover up a bit before we can apply.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-12-2015, 03:19 PM   #9  
sg3

S/C/G: 156/153/135

Height: 5'2

Excited about the weekend and ready to get it started! Got to prepare to do some travel for work soon. Hopefully I can stay on the wagon. Enjoy your weekend! its sure HOT down here in GA!
Old 06-12-2015, 09:35 PM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

sg3. It's nice to see new faces around here

I am a garden slave. Bought more plants today (just a few). I'll stop by tomorrow morning. It's supposed to rain
Closed Thread