Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-10-2015, 06:56 PM   #1  

Default binge eating

Hi there, I'm new here! I've struggled with weight a lot of my life. I've been skinny and I've been fat. I mostly struggling with binge eating. I'm not terribly overweight, but I don't want to get fat. Recently I did well and lost a few pounds and got down to 11st 12lb and a size 12 (uk) and I'm 5"7. I've been binging on and off for three weeks/three and a half weeks now. I've had about 7 or 8 days where I didn't binge and just ate normally like 1700-2000 cals plus exercise. On binge days I eat between 3500-5000 cals. I've already gained half a stone and am up to 12st 5lb!! Eek! I've probably gained another pound or two as I binged yesterday (had 3600 cals, not the worst but still bad). Today I binged a bit but not as badly and had 2650 kcals plus I did a lot of walking. I had some chocolate coated raisins, a bit of vanilla ice cream, 5 oatcakes, 2 small meringues (which don't have many fat or calories surprisingly) and 2 small werthers. This for me is like a mini controlled binge.

I binge eat when I'm stressed or upset. I suffer from depression too which really gets me down. I have low self esteem too and I get upset when I have to wear a size 14. I swear I've gone up a dress size in 3 weeks but some of my clothes are still ok. I don't feel that bloated but I must have gained weight if it shows on the scales.

I'm scared it will take me a long time to loose the weight. I know that some binge weight is also water, am I right? I might weight next week. I'm going to try to eat sensibly and exercise. I'm big on exercise and I love running and I push myself hard at the gym, but I feel like its a waste of my hard work because I binge and I think subconsciously I don't feel like going because I keep ruining the hard work. I feel like I really need some support.
Misscatlady91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Misscatlady91! I'm glad you joined us! You'll find lots of support here! Be sure to check out "Chicks in Control" and "Depression and Weight Issues" under the Support Forum to chat with some members who know exactly what you're going through! Everyone is very nice here, so jump right in! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:48 PM   #3  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Sounds like you binge because you're addicted to sugar. Have you tried a food addicts plan?
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 355/see tracker/under 200

Height: 5.5

Hi Misscatlady I am a stress binge girl too and I have found that what has helped me is to get professional help. My binging comes from my depression and boredom. I have been seeing a psychiatrist and therapist for a while now and it has really made a huge difference.

Another thing that would greatly help you to not binge is to get all the "crap" food out of your house. You are much less likely to eat it if it's not in the house. The stuff you know you're going to eat a ton of and replace it with the good stuff. Set yourself aside a day you can "cheat" on. My day is Friday where I go get me a big double dip of ice cream from the local ice cream shop. This is a big change from buying a half gallon and eating that in a 24 hour period. I also make fruit smoothies twice a day with splenda and yogurt to help with my sugar cravings. They are SOOO good. Eating frequently (5-6 times a day) has helped as well. When you're eating small meals so frequently you tend not to want to binge.

Just remember this is a process and we arn't perfect. We are gonna have our bad days and our good. It's a wonderful thing you already exercise and you enjoy it. Stick with it, find someone to talk to who can help you figure out why you binge and you can succeed. Good Luck.

Last edited by JenDestiny; 06-11-2015 at 12:12 AM.
JenDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote