Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-09-2015, 11:05 PM   #1  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Default What do you love/hate about weight loss?

Hate:
Counting calories
Restricting calories/carbs/sugar/junk
Noticing my overweight body more
Planning meals in advance
Worrying about eating with others/possible temptations
Plateau's
Working so hard and not seeing enough results (that feeling)

Love:
Enjoying food more...appreciating it
Feeling healthier, less sluggish
Feeling good about myself...sense of excitement about the future
Being able to wear more clothes that are sitting around in my closet
Underwear is more comfortable, bras too.
Not minding running into people (more confidence, less humiliating than running into them after a huge gain)
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hate:
Calorie-counting (so I don't do it anymore)
Worrying about if I will have sagging skin
Having to be patient through the many fluctuations when all I really want to do is lose, lose, lose!
Not being able to eat like my DH
Not being able to get a mint chocolate shake from Steak 'n" Shake unless it's on my weight loss plan's cheat day

Love:
Feeling better physically (more energy, clearer thinking)
Being able to paint my toenails without a problem
Having my wedding rings fit again
Feeling more like "myself" again in a thinner (not thin but thinner) body
The better way I look in clothes

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 06-10-2015 at 07:21 AM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:03 AM   #3  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

Hate:
• Peoples rude comments (can handle the well intended ones but don't like the attention)
• People's bad advice they expect me to take
• My pants never fitting
• Not noticing the changes in my body at first but everyone around me suddenly looking bigger than I remember (feel super guilty about that).
• Looking at old photos (I still feel pretty in them, but its just like seeing them for the first time. I didn't know how big I'd gotten)
• Declining treats people offer when I'm not hungry cause it feels rude.
• Some old favourite clothes being too big to wear anymore and not knowing if I should keep them or give them away!

Love:
• Discovering new things my body can do!
• Being a picky eater and actually LOVING all the food I eat now
• The satisfaction I feel when I have a treat and know when to stop
• Seeing my husband succeed alongside me with the mutual support we give each other
• Not being embarrassed to share what I ate that day, even if its cookies and ice cream!
• Actually eating more meals and packing snacks instead of just skipping.
• Being part of an online community of really healthy people that support one another And reading other peoples journeys!

Should add new clothes but really haven't bought that many yet, just pants when I have too. Can't wait to buy new things when I hit a stable weight!

Last edited by SenseAndSensibility; 06-10-2015 at 12:06 AM.
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Great topic!
What I Love about weight loss -
I'm healthier than I was before.

I know what I am eating for the most part, because I check ingredients & labels more. Not as much "mindless eating" for sure.

I look better. Where before I would take 200 pictures and like how I look in 5 of them, now it's 100 pictures and I like how I look in 10 of them . No more special angles to look slimmer. True confession, people used to refer to me as "photogenic" because they thought I was much prettier in pictures than in person , now my pictures match what I look like in person more, and I know it will get better with time & effort (I'm in it to win it! lol).

People do look at my face, make eye contact, are friendlier and more helpful than before. It's true, and I'm still fat, I can't imagine what it will be like when I hit goal.

I feel better about myself inside & out.

Lastly clothes look better, and are cheaper now that I can shop in the Juniors & Misses clothing department instead of being exclusive to plus-size clothes. I am still very plus size (around a 18-20W) but I find that I can slip into jeans that are 16/17/18 & XL/XXL (non-plus size) depending on the brand/style (namely if there is some "stretch" lol), no more paying Torrid $60 and up for a pair of jeans .

Stepping on the scale and seeing numbers I've never seen before, going into dressing rooms with sizes I wouldn't have been able to wear 1 year ago and looking good in my choices. That makes me teary thinking about it.

Things I don't like -
I need new clothes a lot, something that fit fine 20-30 lbs. ago is too big now. It is expensive, and annoying but people say I shouldn't complain (buy me a new wardrobe and I won't lol).

I need new bras and I don't know my size yet *sighs*.

You do get more attention, good & bad, and while I would read other people's stories about the new attention they got when they lost weight I wasn't prepared for it then or now. I'm shy so it is uncomfortable, I admit it can be flattering in small doses, but still awkward for me.

How easy it is to regain the pounds that took weeks to work off *ack*, but it is worth the hard work.

It took me forever to notice my body is smaller! Now in the 220's (having come from the 300's) I am starting to really notice changes looking in the mirror or my own shadow, but for a long time I could only see the differences in pictures for the most part.

People trying to sabotage my progress, it is a part of life, but it can be annoying.

Bottomline, I am so thankful for this lifestyle change, it is easily one of the best things decisions I've ever made (and stuck to ) in my life. I am very blessed and fortunate & pray that I continue to progress in this journey until goal, and then maintain all of that hard work.
The calorie-counting/food journal is actually fun for me.

I also realize I owe it to that little fat girl (the child me) to see this through, she prayed, wished, hoped and dreamed of escaping her obesity, she was picked on, isolated, etc. for being overweight. When others didn't exclude her, she often excluded herself, and she deserves to see her dreams come true. <3 Thank you for reading .

Last edited by Candidcamster; 06-10-2015 at 12:18 AM.
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:59 AM   #5  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

I love the way my clothes fit and how confident I am.

I hate saggy skin and cellulite, and the fact that the "girls" are getting smaller. I mean, really? Come ON!

Last edited by dietcokehead98; 06-10-2015 at 11:01 AM. Reason: eta: the girls.
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:05 PM   #6  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Hate..
Clothes from sizes 8-24 in my closet and never knowing which one I'll need next week
Restricting calories
Days of no losses despite staying on plan
Restarants that have no healthy options or have no calorie counts on their website.

Love..
Not being exhausted all the time
Riding on amusement park rides
Being able to put the tray down on planes
Fitting in booths
Fencing
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 01:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 248?/173/130

Height: 5'8"

Hate:
Loose skin
Saggy breasts
Wrinkles showing up
Seeing my fat (ignored it before, I guess)
Having to buy new clothes all the time (and part with ones I loved!)
Stalls, my own impatience
Passing up food I want to eat
Annoying comments like, "You can have a little!" and "God forbid you eat a donut"

Love:
Feeling more energetic
Looking better
Knowing I'm healthier
Fitting in places I didn't fit before
Not always being the fattest person in the room
Being treated better
Eating better / cooking
Talking about losing weight
Some compliments
Being proud of me

Last edited by Stripes 237; 06-10-2015 at 01:09 PM.
Stripes 237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:52 PM   #8  
Makin it stick

S/C/G: 208/ticker/155

Height: 5'7''

Love:
Being able to shop, find clothes that fit, and actually feel cute wearing them
Noticing the little losses, like in the arms, face, etc.
Having way more energy!
Better self esteem (I feel way better about myself if I'm eating well/exercising)
Being able to slip through tight spaces
Comparing photos to my "before" pictures

Hate:
Can't impulse snack
Drinking with friends is difficult (especially since I am always STARVED the next day)
Trying to stick to it when you're not making any gains
Co-workers putting my eating habits under a microscope
Clothes, especially bras, fit weird but I'm still losing so I don't want to wast money buying new
superherothin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 04:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 355/see tracker/under 200

Height: 5.5

Fantastic topic to rant about!

Hate:

-Constantly thinking about what I am putting in my mouth and what the calorie content is.
-This is taking SO long. I knew it was going to take a while but wow. This seems like it's taking FOREVER! I am normally a pretty patient person but I guess i've been so fat so long that I am done with this overweight crap and want it gone NOW!
-The guilt and fear I have when I cheat.
-The worry that one day I might fall off the "wagon" and quit doing what I am doing though I am so motivated and so alive with energy that know that will never happen. Heck, I am so scared of going back to the person I was it's what keeps me going.

Love:
-Fitting into clothes I had put in bags to give to Goodwill and pulled out to see if they fit and BAM....they fit!
-Loving the reaction of people who haven't seen me in a while. "Wow, look at you Jen, you've lost weight!" That is worth more than money!
-Love knowing I am doing good things for my body as far as blood pressure, cholesterol and reducing the chance I will get diabetes which is what I feared for so long!
-Taking my monthly pictures (in my underwear) and SEEING the changes right there in front of me. Not just on the scale! I do them in my undies because I want to get the best possible view of my legs, belly and arms to see things changing and with lots of clothes I can't see as much. This gives me amazing motivation to see the changes.
-Not making up excuses for everything! Is this just me but I would make up excuses for why I couldn't go places or even lie and say I had lost weight when I hadn't. No more living a lie!
-I can climb stairs, not have to pull myself out of the car, do an entire shopping trip without my back hurting, and at this rate, I can actually do 3-4 hours of manual labor helping my husband that I haven't been able to do in 15 years. Hoo-Raa!
-MOW THE LAWN! LOL I never thought I would ever like doing that but since I never could in the past, now I love it!
-Watching my body change And unlike most people, I am not too worried about lose skin. I just want to be healthy and never feel like I am going to die an early death.
JenDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 04:46 PM   #10  

I think the thing I hate the most is the control food has over me. My subconscious running the show so to speak. I hate that I can have the rest of my life in order, but taking care of myself. I also hate that I had it tackled and 7 years ago it came back from stressful events in our lives.

Tomorrow I begin again. I have beat breast cancer for now and am on a 5 year drug regimen. You would think that would be enough, but the final blow was my father dying Sunday. He was my rock, my hero and life was safe and knowing he was in the world. My tribute to myself and him is to close the weight chapter struggle once and for all in my life. He wanted me healthy, as he was and I will do this and make him proud.

Last edited by Sspell1958; 06-10-2015 at 04:48 PM.
Sspell1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:03 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

JenDestiny loved your post! What is funny is before reading it, I saw your signature, you've lost 62 lbs. in less than 6 months? Omigosh, I am 76 lbs. down from my start weight of 301.6 (highest weight was 350) and that is after nearly 16 months of being on this journey! lol You are doing great! I'm not ashamed to say I'm jealous keep going! <3

Sspell1958 thank you for sharing your personal experiences, I am sorry for your loss, and I know what you mean about bringing your passed on family emotionally/spiritually on this journey with you. I have found myself doing that lately, hoping & knowing that my family who have crossed over would be proud to see how far I've come, and knowing that I will keep going no matter what. I think one of the messages most of us get out of seeing others lose their lives before us, is the importance to live, be healthy, be happy and make the most out of our lives, because it is a gift. My best to you during this difficult time & on your weight loss/health journey!

Last edited by Candidcamster; 06-10-2015 at 06:05 PM.
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:32 PM   #12  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I can relate to so many things everyone has posted on here! We all seem to share very similar reactions to this experience. Thanks so much for posting all of these...makes me feel more like we're one team or something.

Sspell1958, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm also really glad you beat the cancer and that you're getting yourself healthier. I"ve also had some really tough struggles in my life that have derailed me. Something I read on here really resonated with me (I can't remember the exact quote): It's not how many times you fall, it's how many times you pick yourself back up. Sending you hugs, healing and strength.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 355/see tracker/under 200

Height: 5.5

Candidcamster: Thank you so much! I am a maniac some have said. Even my trainer at my gym. I think it's because I have been so fat so long and I am so tired of it that I am on a mission from God, knowing that He is behind me and that He will fuel my fire that I am going to do all I can to get this weight off, naturally. Not that I have anything against weight loss surgery but it just isn't for me. I didn't expect this much weight to come off quite so quickly but with me working out 6 days a week, sticking to my meal plan, it's coming off nicely I think it's because I watched my mother die at 62 and 400 pounds and I just don't want that for myself. And hey, those people on extreme makeover weight loss edition do it quickly too so if they can, so can we. Well, maybe not THAT quickly. those people are maniacs. hehehe.
JenDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:32 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 248/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Love/Hate

Hate:
Having to fight the initial hunger
Having to constantly pay such close attention to my habits so I can change them
Turning habits from mindless to mindful eating (its hard when you're forgetful!)
Seeing everyone around me not have to think much about their meal choices and still are a healthy weight, while I have to calculate everything

Love:
I love that I finally am doing it, I'm really, actually doing it
I feel lighter, that is amazing
Fighting the initial hunger makes me feel like I am proving to myself I can do it, and that is an amazing feeling
I love creating healthy habits for life, I will be able to set a good example for my kids when I have them
Having my hunger decrease and decrease over time, so one day I will be able to make choices based on what my body tells me, not what my cravings tell me
I love the excitement I get feeling like a new person, like I just went and bought a whole new wardrobe that I get to wear around all the time, except its all right on my body already
I love knowing that I am becoming the person that I envision myself to be, it is a piece of the puzzle of the happy, healthy person I see in my future
I LOVE being an inspiration to the people around me, showing them that they can do it too.
It is like a project, but the project is working on myself. Making me healthier and making my life better
I love that there is a domino effect, that once I lose weight and I am more active, the people around me have more fun because of it too
I love that skinny activities are just more fun and involved...not going out to dinner or watching TV, I get to go kayaking and hiking and paddle boarding
I love that every few days I get to move more than I did a few days before.
Icontrolmyweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 11:13 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

Height: 5'6"

HATE
Having to think about food all the time.
Having to plan out a day of food for every day when I just want to spontaneously eat something when I want to eat it
The anxiety of weigh-in days bc there are some days that even when you stick to the plan, the scale doesn't budge or has the nerve to go up a pound or 2
Having people around you that have never had weight loss issues tell you, "just a bite wont hurt"
Remembering that this is a marathon and not a sprint. It takes SOOOOO long.

LOVE:
Changing my signature and profile S/C/G
Seeing change in my monthly before and after pictures where some bits and pieces disappear
Feeling less tired
Truly enjoying food so much more now that I am not mindlessly eating
reintroducing my tastebuds to whole nutritious foods and being disgusted by the sodium and chemical taste of most of what I ate before
Anticipation of knowing that this is the last time I do this because I mean business this time.
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote