Good Monday Morning!

I am down one pound.

Total loss 45 lbs.

sw/256
cw/211

Sherry

AngiKL
08-11-2003, 08:39 AM
Congrats Sherry! After almost two weeks of abandon and celebration, I am facing the music this morning: up 3 pounds.

I am NOT giving up! ;)

Charbar
08-11-2003, 09:28 AM
Angi... it is so hard to get back on the wagon after making a big milestone and keep going.. (ie. adoption, wedding dress etc. ) The important thing is you didn't say "okay, I'm done! - I've reached my ultimate goal"
Now dust yourself off.. and make a new goal - one that's just for you :)

Dana

synger
08-11-2003, 09:29 AM
Congrats Sherry!

Angi, celebration is good for the soul. And we know that you'll get back to eating right and exercising, which is good for both body and soul. We're right with you -- celebrating AND losing!! /hug

I'm down two pounds. Yeah!!

rochemist
08-11-2003, 03:40 PM
Up 25lbs to 210 and back on track. Got my plan and my journal out!

Miss Chris

KittyMilk
08-11-2003, 11:04 PM
That's all you can do is get back on track, setbacks aren't permenant. Get into it and they are gone before you know it.

Down 1 more pound this week! In major uncharted terrority here :D

howie6267
08-11-2003, 11:22 PM
Good for you KM I can't imagine being so close to goal. Keep it up. I'm so excited for you.

Toryw
08-12-2003, 02:16 AM
I weigh on fridays so will fill you in then :)

SuchAPrettyFace
08-12-2003, 02:58 AM
I don't wanna weigh in. :( Maybe this weekend. Congrats to all you losers & hang in there to the gainers. :p

suzie76
08-12-2003, 08:32 AM
Kittymilk-,

Is that the first time you've posted your cw and goal? I had no idea you're so close!!!! That's fantastic! I'm so proud of you!!!

Sherry

Daners
08-12-2003, 11:02 PM
Whew...survived the birthday week...and lost 2.2. So I'm now down 53 even since January. Woo-Hoo! Have a great week all!

mthrgoos68
08-13-2003, 09:56 AM
I hit 190 this morning! That means I have exactly 50 pounds left to lose. That's still a lot, but it sounds so much better than 190 to lose. I now weigh the same as the amount that I started off needing to lose.

Reesa23
08-13-2003, 11:17 AM
Thanks for that post, mthrgoos68. I was thinking this morning how depressed I was that I have 140 pounds to loose and if its even a reality that I'll loose that much. But your definately an example that it can be done. I'm currently 260 and my goal is 120. Can you tell me how long it took you? Any tips you might have?

gonzostar
08-13-2003, 01:39 PM
i'm bummed. i stayed the same... and i think i deserved at least a little considering how well i did this week. maybe last night's dinner was a little heavy (taco salad) but i didn't go over calories for the day. i may re-check tomorrow.

Sandi
08-13-2003, 01:48 PM
Holly - don't be bummed. You know how sometimes you lose 3 lbs when your don't think you did THAT good. Well, sometimes you don't lose a thing when you are perfect. We want our actions to produce resuts immediately. Dosn't work that way. I bet next week or the week after it'll show up.

I am dying to weigh in, but I won't. Not until Monday. I have been doing great. But if I weigh in mid-week and i don't see results, then it's almost reason to binge (it's not working anyway!). If I am losing then it really motivates me, but if I am not - it sends me.

Anyway - you are doing awesome! Just remember, it's a scale. It's only one way to measure. How are feeling? How do your cloths fit. Give it time!! :D :D

mthrgoos68
08-13-2003, 01:56 PM
Reesa23, Thanks! The only tip I really have is to find what works for you and that will make it easier to stick with. Find an eating and exercise plan that you enjoy and that you can live with long term, even if you design your own plan.

AngiKL
08-15-2003, 08:04 AM
Bringing this up.

Everyone is doing great! I hope to report a loss again on Monday, but I haven't peeked so I don't know. At least, I'm being "good!"

howie6267
08-15-2003, 04:16 PM
I lost 3 more this week. That is a total of 40 now. WOOOO HOOOO!

gonzostar
08-15-2003, 04:23 PM
yay howie! even with your so-called "screwup"!! guess it wasn't as bad as you thought, huh?

awesome!

howie6267
08-15-2003, 04:29 PM
The results were not bad but I really did stuff myself and that was bad. The key as everyone knows is to get right back on track and that is what I did. Just like you all were saying one meal is not going to destroy you just if you let it turn into a week, month or year of eating. Thanks everyone for all the support.

matt_H
08-15-2003, 05:27 PM
I know I will have gained this week. I wasn't able to weigh in this morning, but I will tomorrow.

Work has been extremely stressfull and I haven't had time to really eat properly or exercise much. I'll let you know what the damage is...

Charbar
08-16-2003, 10:52 AM
lost .2 lbs.. not bad for being on vacation

matt_H
08-16-2003, 07:23 PM
sometimes bad news is better avoided than faced. I just looked at the scale but didn't have the chutzpah to actually step on it.

there is always next week.

mthrgoos68
08-16-2003, 07:40 PM
Matt, LOL. Don't worry, you won't have undone all of your good work with a few bad days. I know what you mean though, I have this fear of regaining all of my lost weight with 1 or 2 bad days. It can't happen though, so don't worry.

howie6267
08-16-2003, 08:03 PM
Isn't it funny how we feel that way. I felt lousy Sunday after pigging out and I still lost 3 pounds this week. Sunday night I would have thought I gained all 40 back. LOL

Toryw
08-17-2003, 04:19 AM
I lost 2lbs this week :)

KittyMilk
08-17-2003, 11:20 PM
This is the first time I've put my cw and goal in for the best part of a year. I found the numbers too daunting for along time so I just concentrated on losing what I could each week without looking at the big picture. Now all of a sudden I have less then 10 pounds to go! I'll post some before n afters when I find them.

Great Job Howie 40 pounds ! wow! ;)

LesnarsTXF5Diva
08-18-2003, 02:13 AM
I've been following a 'diet' for a few weeks now since getting off my carb-protein diet that I was on for June, I lost 20 pounds in 3 weeks on that diet and it was great, but now it's taking what seems like ages to take off more weight and I'm getting to that bummed state like Holly was talking about up there a few posts back. The one guy that is my inspiration for even starting to try lose weight hasn't called or emailed me in a week and I know he's had time. When I don't get to talk to him or he doesn't email me back, it depresses me but I still keep working out and dieting and stuff, but it's like, when I have ANY communication with him, it reminds me of what I set out to do when I started trying to lose weight and I get this energy from I don't know where and I get really really hyper and wanting to work out. The longer it takes to hear from him, I can tell it's like the energy is sucked right out of me, causing me to get on the 'diet' that my parents and brother are on which is basically eating whatever's in the kitchen. My weight has gone back up to 240 this week alone. *sad* My mom doesn't know that I get like this. She does know that I like the guy and all that, but as far as his influence on my weight loss, she has no idea. I began the diet and exercise itself because my mother, my mother's dad, and my grandmother on my dad's side all 3 have/had diabetes. My mom found out 4 years ago while I was at college that she has Type II diabetes and high blood pressure. Her father died when she was 12 years old because he was diabetic. My grandmother is 74 and has been diabetic for almost 15 years now. But now it's turned into so many reasons I don't even know where to start. The only way I can even tell that I've lost weight is because of the way my clothes fit and how about once a month, I have to keep going and buying the next size down. Other than that, I still feel and see in the mirror the same person I was when I was 304 pounds:-(

Amanda Panda
08-18-2003, 12:30 PM
I lost 2lb this week.:angel:

I was really good on my diet last week so seeing those pounds shifting is a great motivator!:strong: :cb: :cp: :dance:

Here's to another week of successful dieting.....:hat:

Amanda xx

LesnarsTXF5Diva
08-19-2003, 12:25 AM
For some reason the local radio stations I listen to when I workout were playing really good workout songs tonight:lol: I usually do a 30 minute stationary bike ride and a 20 minute free-weight workout. Tonight I was able to ride the bike for AN HOUR (!), complete a 15 minute ab workout, plus the 20 minute freeweight workout. I feel really good now actually. Still miss my man though. I wish we lived closer. I think that's what my deal is. I'm going Saturday to talk to a local cosmetology school admissions director and should everything work out and I commit to going, it'll be the next 10 months of my life and I know I will barely even have time to talk to him anymore. But oh well, maybe we'll meet up on my birthday again this year or something. I said in my earlier post that my weight had gone back up to 240. Today I went and got another filter for our water pitcher, so I'm able to stop drinking caffeine free diet Coke (yipes to sodium--I think that's what caused the weight gain because my food intake never changed or was less). I checked my weight a few minutes ago and it's back down to 235 and hopefully the rest of the sodium weight will come off quick too and I can get back in the routine.