Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 06-06-2015, 01:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/163/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Weight lifting during IP Phase 1?

Hubby and I are on the Ideal Protein protocol, and have each lost over 40 lbs since February. We are rounding 3rd and heading for the finish line, hopefully mid-July or so. I just posted in the weight-loss surgery forum about loose skin and my general disappointment with how flabby I am. We used to work out quite a lot with weights, and I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to it again! Enough so that I'm tempted to start some kind of resistance training even now in Phase 1. Now, with the cost of IP foods, we can't really afford to add more in response to working out. Plus it seems like it might be a bad idea to confuse the body by telling it to build itself up in one area while telling it to shrink itself in another. Or is that just my flawed logic? Is there anyone here who has worked out or is working out on Phase 1? Any suggestions?
areilla10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:37 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I think your issue would be eating a very restrictive diet. If you want to do weight training, I'd recommend increasing your calories to at least 1200, ideally, you'd be eating at least 1500-1800 if you are lifting regularly and lifting as heavy as you can.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:30 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

When I did Phase 1 I could not for the life of me lift heavy, I had to go wayyyy down in weights... Working out was very very hard as IP phase I is like 900 calories! I am no longer following IP but I do follow a very low carb food plan, I regained 3 lbs but that's not too bad in my books, it's pretty much water fluctuation...

Muscle wise, did I gain did I lose muscle, I'm not sure... My BMI and my BF % did go down...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote