Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-05-2015, 12:22 PM   #1  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

Default Are u Excercising to look good for a special occasion? Me too! Let's partner up.

A bit about me:
I started my journey in January and I've lost 15lbs. I used to feel very heavy and wanted to drop a few kilos, feel better before I start working out. This also mostly because I wanted my new healthy eating habits to be well fixed because working out tends to make eat anyhow.
A friend of mine is getting married ending of july, I may also start a new job around that period.
I guess it's time for me to jump on the treaddmill and let some of that sweat out!
If someone wanna join me in this, please holla at me

Last edited by thirti4thirty; 06-05-2015 at 12:28 PM.
thirti4thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 01:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/163/127

Height: 5'2

I don't really have a special event except I want to get rid of these kilos by my 33th birthday in november... yay for people who use kilos! I always have to convert around here hahaha

Do you have a mini goal set for your friend's wedding? I would love to join you
lostkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 03:09 PM   #3  
Blessed Person Here

I use kilos
I'm giving myself 2 years to lose 30 kg. I started in january at 87 and I'm currently at 79. So, 7 kg in 6 months without working out...
But for the wedding, I'd love to be at 70kg. That is 9 kilos in 2 months. Totally doable if I exercise.
I don't know yet if I should start a c 2 5 k program or just follow a power walk program...something like leslie samsone.
My TOM is imminent. I'll start after that.
How about u?
Old 06-06-2015, 11:02 AM   #4  

I also needed to lose 30kg after my baby was born and figured 2 years was realistic, but a whole year passed since then and with a colicky baby the biggest thing I achieved was not gaining more weight! I was also scared to workout due diastasis.

So that's my excuse for my goals being a lot more desperate haha, if I can reach 73kg by july 19th or so that means I am right on track and I get the benefit to use the pool without feeling too self conscious which would translate in extra workout more often

From what I hear it's the last 10kg that get harder so I am sure you can reach your goal for the wedding, do you know what kind of dress you want to wear? to go and try on all kinds of styles would be a good side workout and a great motivation lol
Old 06-06-2015, 10:23 PM   #5  
Makin it stick

S/C/G: 208/ticker/155

Height: 5'7''

I like to set deadlines for myself For example, I'm going home to visit my parents around Aug 1st, so I'd ideally like to lose 10-20 pounds before then to show off to old friends/family that haven't seen me in a while.

Longer term, I'm applying for grad schools next Spring, and I'd love to look killer for interviews! Gotta make a good impression
superherothin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 01:27 PM   #6  
Blessed Person Here

Hello Herothin, welcome!
Your goals seem pretty reasonable. What type of exercise are you doing?

Hi lostkitty
We have (almost ) the same stats and goals. Lol
I have a dress in the wardrobe and another one in mind. I keep the one in the wardrobe as my gauge. I believe that after losing abt 4 kilos it will fit perfectly. But it is also possible that I change my mind at the last minute. It's the kind of thing that I like to do
Old 06-08-2015, 10:51 AM   #7  

We do! that is the second thing I noticed after the kg thing lol
How are you doing? done with TOM yet? good luck with the start of your new program

Did you buy that dress in a smaller size to motivate you or did you already had it?

My jeans (the bigger sized jeans I bought after baby was born mind you) are starting to look a lot nicer, I am nowhere near close to even think of trying on any of my old clothes but it's nice to have the option to wear jeans now.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:06 PM   #8  
Blessed Person Here

Just finished week one of the yellow 15K app.
How have you been, lostkitty?
Old 06-30-2015, 02:54 PM   #9  
Reluctant Runner

S/C/G: 255/229/150

Height: 5'7"

I am! My wedding is a month from tomorrow, omg.
VegTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:43 PM   #10  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 300/300/160

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone!! Great jobs! I always have to convert stones and kilos - it blows my mind that in this world economy we don't have similar measurements. I remember learning American measurements, then maybe 2 years of the metric system, and then we went back to ounces and miles again. My poor brain...

I've lost 23 pounds in 5 weeks. I'm working on the exercise component now. I'd like to do 150 - 180 minutes per week and get down to 250 by Aug 10th - the first day of school. That's 27 pounds (a tad unrealistic, I know). What's that saying, Reach for the stars. Even if you fail something about the moon... Ha ha ha!

I did 20 minutes today on the death machine aka the tread climber. That thing kills my soul. My plan is to do the elliptical and upper strength one day, the death machine the other, and then switch. I figure 3 days on and 1 day off should do it for now.

Congrats Veg! Marriage is AWESOME! I've been married for 12 and a half years. No regrets.
justfortoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 02:25 PM   #11  
Blessed Person Here

Hi Today! I love your pseudo!
Old 07-07-2015, 01:35 AM   #12  
one day at a time

WOW! I had a terrible stomach bug! NOTHING stayed in my belly - man I can't eat enough now - I'm starved AND I'm up 2 pounds, so not fair.

Thirti - what's a pseudo?

So what's going on? Is everyone working out and taking names? I'll be on track tomorrow I think. If I don't die of starvation that is!!
Old 07-07-2015, 01:45 AM   #13  
Blessed Person Here

Hi Today!

A pseudo is the short form of pseudonym, i.e " screen name". English is my second language, so I tend to get a little complicated with it

Did you eat something in particular or does that happen to you often? Hope you get get better today!

On my side, my TOM is leaving today so I'll do a weigh in and hopefully I'll be back on the treadmill tomorrow running and walking.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:51 AM   #14  
one day at a time

Oh my gosh! I should have guessed pseudonym.... Ha ha ha! I thought it was another word for avatar - I hadn't heard that... How funny! What's your first language? I'm so jealous of people who can speak more than one language - that's such a vital skill.

I did get sick pretty often because I was so unhealthy. I'm hoping I don't get sick so often now!

I decided to take it easy one more day. Congrats on getting rid of TOM...nasty stuff. How's the exercise going?

I just converted kg to lb. You're not so far off from your goal are you? I'm even MORE jealous!!

Last edited by justfortoday; 07-08-2015 at 05:53 AM.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:16 AM   #15  
Blessed Person Here

As you're making progress in your new healthy lifestyle you'll see how better you'll get. It's a real motivation for me: physical and mental health get restored!

Exercise-wise, I resumed this morning, after the 7 day halt. It felt good, I increased my running speed and felt truly challenged. Only one "blunder" though: I repeated the same workout I did last. I'm using the 10k app and I have a total of 42 workouts programmed. Today I forgot to forward to workout #5 so I repeated #4 lol

How about you? How are your workouts going?

My first language is French