South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 04:48 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Tuesday SBD Chat, May 26

Good Morning!

I had my yummy soup for dinner very early and promptly fell asleep while reading. I'm feeling pretty chipper and so when I woke up early and took the pups out I decided to keep rolling. It will be busy at work again and I anticipate I won't feel like doing much after. I got the 4 barrels hauled down to the street and think I'll sit out back and dig some more weeds. The tune that keeps running through my head this morning is "by the light...of the silvery moon...." Lol

Coffee is on and it's in the thermal carafe since it's a wee bit early.

What's happening today? Stop and chat!
Old 05-26-2015, 06:06 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Had a nice day yesterday, we did barbeque and then we went and did putt golf and then just hung out for the rest of the day.

Today is back to work and I have back to back meetings so it should fly by.

Debbie sounds like you got a lot accomplished yesterday, nothing like waking up when it still feels like night lol

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-26-2015, 06:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Debbie, thanks for starting us off. You sure are ambitious in the middle of the night!

Pearl - glad you enjoyed your holiday, hope the real world isn't too bad today

It was an absolutely beautiful weekend here! Too bad I didn't have camping reservations . I finally got those few veggies planted (good thing I waited, since it frosted the other night), although I do need to pick up some more. We also went to a cookout of a new church we've been attending, and we enjoyed meeting a lot of new people.

Normally I'd be off today, but my colleague took it off and I'll work the afternoon. I have some niggles as well this morning before I leave for work. Next week, my one year non-compete is up...that went by really quickly!

Hugs and happiness to all today!!
Old 05-26-2015, 06:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning. I have to keep reminding myself that it's Tuesday!

You all sound like you have a busy day ahead, and mine will be as well. I have a dr. appt. first thing, then over to the farm to catch up from the long weekend, music lessons after school, and I may have to drop the girls off at the Devon Horse Show afterwards. The girls and I will be spending the whole day there tomorrow to watch their mother compete in the side-saddle competition, and I'm looking forward to that.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Debbie - Now I'll have that song in my head!

Rose - Back to work for me too today. Feels like Monday.

Tammy - What will you do when the non-compete is up?

Linda - Do you ride?

My chin still hurts and looks rather swollen underneath. Hopefully it just needs time to heel and isn't infected. Yesterday when I logged on to continue with my Ecuador journal, I discovered that everything I'd done so far had VANISHED. Every word, every photo, every layout. OMG I was not happy. I'll call the company today to see if there is any chance at all that it can be recovered. The darn program auto-saves every few minutes and I save every page so I have no idea how that could have happened. It was many hours of work that I don't want to recreate.

I'm working this afternoon. Will probably pop into Trader Joe's after since it is nearby.

Have a great TUESDAY. (Must keep reminding myself.)

Last edited by WaistingTime; 05-26-2015 at 07:04 AM.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Karen - OMG, that would give me an anxiety attack! How upsetting! Let us know what happens.

Linda - good luck at the doc's office. Can I go with you to the horse show? I would love that .

Karen - I work for corporate, so I will start working at the clinic only 10 minutes from my house 1 day/week.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:34 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

What a cheery bunch this morning. It's looking like a gorgeous and warm day after lots of rain yesterday. My deep purple iris and pink peonies are starting to bloom.

I definitely plan at least a partial "me" day but do have to take wee Millie to the vet. She hurt her leg yesterday morning going down the deck steps and is really limping. Millie often has all four feet off the ground like this but was pretty grounded all day yesterday. I was hoping she's just pulled something and gave her part of a low-dose aspirin before bed. However, she is still not walking on that leg so we will hie us to the vet this morning.

I guess tomorrow will be my "me" day which works out fine because my meeting with Madeleine (bookeeper) has to be re-scheduled to next week.

OK, Ruthie, crank it up. The vet opens at 8 and I want to be ready to take off with my wee darling.

Enjoy your TUESDAY, Chickies.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:29 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening, chicks! Just wanted to stop by and catch up on the news. We had another beautiful sunny day today; almost makes January worth it.

We did get a bit of rain through the day and overnight yesterday so my veggies are looking good. I can hardly wait for the fresh stuff.

Karen, losing my files is a terrifying thought. Makes me think I need to be more diligent about backing things up.

Cottage, my former SIL showed horses. I remember taking the boys to the fair to watch when they were little. They loved it.

Debbie, your energy is astounding!

Have a great evening everyone.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:27 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

just a quick evening hello. It was another garden day, only really hot. Cricket checked out her pool and seems to like it. Of course she had to roll in the dusty dirt when she got out

Ruth - We've been dealing with a probable ACL tear in Cricket's back leg for awhile. It gets better, then she does something to irritate it again. It's hard to keep her as calm as she needs to be. We are also doing adequan injections to try to put off the arthritis that seems to come with it. Doesn't help the tear but keeps everything else moving well. Hope the news is easy to work with.
Closed Thread