Old 05-25-2015, 11:50 PM   #1  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default W.O.W. Women on WEED! Firecracker Frenzy!

Sparking Better Health = May 26 to July 4th

Women on WEED!!

All are welcome, newbies, old friends, doesn't matter as long as you want to support each other's journey to a healthier place!

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:21 AM   #2  
The Sky is the Limit!

Cha Cha Boochie, Cha Cha Chaboochie... ROLL CALL!

My name is Kris
I'm overworked
I'm overweight
So check me out!

Sorry... had some SNL in my head.

Kris here. 43. This challenge ends on my 44th birthday (shut the front door!). I am happily married and have a blendito family three boys (25,13,10) and one girly girl (15). I am a boss by design, control freak perfectionist, stress monger, good music loving fat girl. I am overworked and underwhelmed by my ability to handle it all. The dogs and the scale are the two things I seem unable, or unwilling, to control. Something has to give.

This challenge I am after 20 pounds. Working on a total of 70 WHEN I finally peel it all off. I have a hate/hate relationship with exercise. A love/lust with food and my doctor and I are just getting to know each other well. I crack the jokes, she does the scolding. I have recently found out I am pre-diabetic (not shocking) and have a gene mutation (ha!) that makes me more likely to experience female cancers. I prefer to think of it as a superpower gene... I just haven't harnessed what power it is yet.

As for this site, OH. MY. GOODNESS. The ladies on this thread have become virtual family and although we have yet to meet, its coming! I want to be healthy for me, but also because you ladies INSPIRE me. You are strong, smart, real and struggling and fighting it all with whole hearts.... AND WINNING! I want to show you what I'm made of this challenge!

So here is my plan girls (please hold me to it!)
W - 60oz a day minimum
E - complete 30 day squat challenge + 3 walks a week + yoga
E - NS until its gone! Out of the house!
D - 15 minutes of renewal reading - bible - book - blog something positive.

I will also be here consistently. I can't commit to daily, but I wont miss more than 2.

Okay. Can't wait to see y'all here! Let do this!
Old 05-26-2015, 07:12 AM   #3  

Good morning from RAINY South Dakota!

I'm so ready for this challenge! I'm chalking up my goal: complete my 1st 10 pound goal AND my second. That will be 12 pounds for a grand total of 20. Here's now that's going to happen:

W: Let's face it, I stink at drinking water. I can't kick the diet soda thing so I'm going to start drinking 12 ounces of water BEFORE opening the soda can. See, I'm not saying I can't have the soda, just telling my body "hey, we're going to try this first". We'll see how that goes.

E: I have a car and a gym membership. There is no excuse for me to use the weather to avoid exercising. My goal... each day I need to do ONE (preferably more) of the following: 1. meet my step goal on my UP band 2. 30 minute bike ride 3. go to the gym. There's no reason I can't do at least ONE of those every day.

E: Sticking with Weight Watchers. Limiting bready carbs because they make my IBS flare up. Ordering Bountiful Baskets and USING the stuff.

D: This one is going to sound kooky. I have major anxiety about three things. Dentists, OB/GYN, and hair stylists. I conquered my fear of the dentist and went in for my first check-up in ten years. I got my first cavity filled (I'm 36) and was in surprisingly good shape. I am a voracious brusher and flosser, just didn't go to the dentist. Anyway, having tackled that obstacle, I'm ready for the next one. The OB/GYN. It's been five years, I NEED to go. I'm a medical professional, it's silly that I haven't been for a physical in five years. I am going to make the appointment today, and the reason it is a "daily affirmation" thing is that I'm going to have to remind myself every day until the appointment that it needs to be done and I must keep the appointment. Maybe then we'll move on to a professional haircut... yikes! I have long curly hair so I just kinda trim the ends myself. No one can tell if it's crooked...

OK, that's my plan! Onward!

Last edited by KittenIsOverIt; 05-26-2015 at 04:03 PM.
KittenIsOverIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:49 AM   #4  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Kris and Kitten- Great goals. I should set some although I never reach them. SOunds like work. We had to set 3 ambitious goals to work towards, but meeting them is not the goal. HAHA!!

Kitten- take it from Kris and I who have messed up genes, go to the OGBGYN..Please!! Just had my surgery because of my gene issue. I have 3 copies instead of two. It is so important. Rooting for you.

Now about that surgery....today I go in for my check-up. I feel pretty good, almost normal. This 5 pounds I gained since surgery has got to go. I don't know if it is the absence of estrogen or what, but Dang!!! Not happy about it. We shall see what doc has to say today.

SO look out here comes my BIG goal. Try to get 100 grams of protein a day. It is hard. Then trying to keep to my points on top of it. I am double tracking, using WW and Lose It. WW doesn't give me numbers for protein, Lose it does. Lose it says 1564 calories per day. WW 26 points. If I eat 1564 that is about 33 points. So I will be eating my weekly extras. Let's see what happens. Today (first day trying this yesterday) I gained.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:05 PM   #5  

Oh boy. I made the appointment. Filled out the information packet. Now I have an entire week to stress about it. June 2, 8:30 AM

Also learned today that I should not touch peanut butter. I love the stuff, but FIVE POINTS for two tablespoons? Not cool peanut butter, not cool. I'll stick to a bit of the powdered stuff in my smoothies once a week or so.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all! I am Wendy, aka Mavis. Married, mother of two men. Caregiver for my soon to be 93 yo FIL. (All prayers appreciated) Human Mom of 2 furbabies and an ancient bird. I am soon to be 49 (during this challenge) and work 2 full time and extremely stressful jobs. This last year has been the year from **** for me. I've survived thus far and I need to take back my life.

W I aim for 100 oz, I need to make at least 60 of them plain. I love crystal light, but am thinking something in there hurts my joints. Testing this theory this challenge.
E This challenge I want to try at least three new classes at the Y. I need to find something I like more than the ones I am doing. I am also doing a 15k the week after this challenge ends, so I will be ramping my running up!
E OP, for me that's a whole foods/low carb kind of deal, all my trigger foods are carbs, eliminating them should help me stop binging
D This challenge I am going to put my needs at the top of my list, schedule time in my day to exercise and plan some me time every day too. Maybe 15 minutes in the sauna every time I hit the Y. I also want to put at least 500 miles on my motorcycle. Hasn't even left the garage for the year yet.

Kitten, good for you on making the appt. Just get to the doc. I had to have my female parts out a few years back. Don't miss them at all! But had I not had them out, could have been a whole different ending. Funny you mentioned that appointment today, I have my lady visit this afternoon, doc and mammo. Ugh! Glad I am down to twice a year. I did have to go every three months for a couple of years.

I also have long curly hair. I just go get it trimmed and she washes my gray out!

Mindy, Good luck at your follow up today! I think I'll work on that increased protein goal

Kris, Thank you for starting the thread!. I love the idea of a short challenge, we can all make a difference in a short time! Kind of a kick start to summer. You got this. Side note, just read about your SS and his new school! Awesome!!

OK, so today.
W 100
E Going to the Y after my lady appt, will see what late afternoon class they have. I usually go at 6 AM but I came here instead. :-)
E POP My SF coffee creamer has carbs, but I count them in my allowance, desperately need coffee in the AM
D Just put one foot in front of the other

Oh yeah, as for weight...11 pounds this challenge. I weigh 160.8 this AM, under 150 by the 4th would be wonderful and entirely doable.

Jeni and Carma, hope all is well!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:24 AM   #7  
mtiger

Wink

Made it to the gym last night. Did some HIIT on the treadmill and then shoulder, back stuff. I added some weight back on. Trying to get to pre-surgery amounts. I'll get there.

Doc visit went fine. I am going to take progesterone for 6 months to get some things back in shape. We cleaned everything up and want it to stay that way. Hormones are not my friend (cancer gene) but she feels this is a short term fix that the benefits outweigh the risk.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Default I'm baaackk!

Hi folks! It has been a long long time since I have been on this forum, but I'm back and very happy to see some familiar names on here. Unfortunately, I am returning much larger than when I left last. I'm looking for some support and encouragement and to participate in a challenge. Excited about getting started!

W: 60 oz a day minimum (20 oz by 11am, 20 oz by 3pm, and 20 oz by 7pm)

E: 15-30 minutes a day minimum of housework and 4 days a week of intentional exercise for at least 60 minutes. Each of the 4 days should include 30-40 minutes of cardio followed by 30-40 minutes of strength training.

E: My goal during this challenge is going to be to limit eating out. We eat out way too much. I am going to limit eating out to once every 1-2 weeks. I would simply like to focus on eating 3 meals and 2 snacks a day and including more fruits and veggies and lean meats for now and not focus so much on a calorie count/carb count/ etc.

D: My daily affirmation to myself is simply DON'T GIVE UP! I'M WORTH IT! I'm worth feeling better. I'm worth not being tired all the time. I have a life worth living, and I want to live it well.

Looking forward to getting back at it!

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 05-27-2015 at 10:46 AM.
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 06:32 PM   #9  

Welcome back to you, McKenzie's Momma!

You are worth it! Glad you are back at it!
Old 05-27-2015, 10:38 PM   #10  
The Sky is the Limit!

Yes!!! So glad to see everyone here! Welcome back McKenz! It's never to late to start again and these chicks have a seven year (?) run going! We rock!

220.4 this morning. Work has me out the door early and back home late so my exercise goals may have be met Friday through Sundays for a bit.

Food - decent. Even though I haven't been POP on NS (meetings at other agencies keep me from hitting it so far) been okay with portions and choices. My weigh in goal for Saturday is 220. Working to keep things down until then.

Mavie, remind me. You are June 8? I know I should know this. Bring on the birthdays! Prayers for FIL nightly. No better person to be looking over him. Hope you are holding up.

Mindy - glad the check ups went well. I still need to call for discussion of my girly bits removal. I will follow up after the June 11th appointment where they send a camera crew up my .

Kitten - looks like we are all doc obsessed this month! Ditto to Mavie's post about good on ya for getting the appt made. REWARD yourself with that hair cut afterwards. Don't fear it!

Jen/Carma

Off to decompress and hopefully get a good nights sleep. Be good!
Old 05-28-2015, 11:01 PM   #11  

Hey ladies, checking in!

Kris, Thank you for the prayers, we need all we can get!
Yup, June 8th, 49, yuck!!

W 100 today and 100 tomorrow
E Did a spin class this AM, pedaled about 16.5 miles! Tomorrow weights
E POP today, repeat tomorrow
D Keep on keeping on!
Old 05-29-2015, 06:53 AM   #12  

1 pound down at weigh in this morning! I'm actually happy with that. I didn't have a terrific week as far as exercise goes and while I didn't exactly strap on a feedbag, I ate a little more than I ought to have.

My looming appointment is all I can think about. I have the paperwork done that needs to be in the office today. I think I'll walk it there. It will be just under 3 1/2 miles round trip, so that kills 2 birds: my exercise goal AND keeping my appointment on track.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:59 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Hey! Its so nice to come through here and read everyone's post and realize I'm not the only person trying to balance everyday life (family, work, kids, medical issues, etc) while trying to become a healthier person. I know if you guys are trying I can try too. Good luck to us all!

Here is to an on plan day!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:08 AM   #14  

Mckenzies Momma, you got this!

Kitten, did you walk it in? I hope you did! Just think, by this time next week, you will have already finished the appointment!!

I got mine done Wednesday, mammo followed by lady visit. On a good note, she gave me a new script that is supposed to help the hot flashes. I am not allowed hormone replacement therapy because of my issues and I swear, at least every couple of hours, I look like I am going to burst into flame. To say nothing of destroying my makeup with the rivers of sweat.

Kris, just caught part of a post, we've all been friends for 7 years. Awesome. Can't wait to meet you ladies in May, face to face! How did yesterday go for getting in some me time?

Jeni, good luck on the huge BB weekend, I saw your post about 4 games this weekend! I remember those days weel! Enjoy, they go quickly.

Carma, Where are you?

W 100, taking my bottle with me today or I'll never get it.
E I didn't get up early enough, today, I will not have time, I will do lots of walking getting things done though
E OP, taking a bar with me if I get snacky.
D Today will be an emotional day for us. Wearing waterproof mascara. Today is my Dad's memorial ride. He's been gone almost 9 months. Acually, on my Birthday, will be 9, he died September 8th. I am not riding my bike today, I'll ride with Hubs or my sister (she has a classic Tbird convertible) I do NOT get my bike when I am not focused. This is Dad and I before last years benefit ride. I know my FB friends have seen it, but I love this pic.

dad & I.jpg
Old 05-30-2015, 07:48 AM   #15  
mtiger

Wink

Kitten- Hope you got those papers turned in. Have faith..it will be a breeze.

Nix- Keep trying to get those walks in. I know it is tough. I missed mine Th because my parents came over for dinner. Just get as many as you can.

Mac Mom- Welcome back. You know we are here to support you.

And finally MM- Thoughts are with you today as you celebrate your dad. I'm sure it will be difficult but hopefully you will find some joy in the day also.
p.s. sorry about those hot flashes.

For me, well doc visit went well. We discussed progesterone to repair my uterus. I had some growths and thickening. It is a hormone (which I also am supposed to stay away from) but she feels the benefits outweigh the very low risk. We are only doing it short term, 6 months. Then I get a biopsy and hopefully everything is okie dokie.

Went to the gym so I got in some weight work and a 2 mile walk. My foot is killing me and I think I should have it checked out. I will get to that. Scale down a little bit today.